Chase Utley's last 162 games

Blackout

Better numbers than A-Rod, based on position scarcity ;)

Seriously, his wrists are so quick through the zone and he stays on a ball like no one else.

He has dramatically improved his fielding, too.

If I were to start a team, he would probably be the guy I would start with.

Better numbers than A-Rod, based on position scarcity ;)

Seriously, his wrists are so quick through the zone and he stays on a ball like no one else.

He has dramatically improved his fielding, too.

If I were to start a team, he would probably be the guy I would start with.

LOL lets not take it THAT far

.338/.415/.603 isn't as good as .314/.422/.645 :D

but Utley is the ****ing man.

The disparity between Rodriguez and Utley is the same as it is between Wright and Cano. You argued position scarcity between Wright and Cano. Same goes for Utley then.

You can't use the argument one way, and then turn it around when someone uses the same comparison.

But that would mean someone is more valuable than a Yankee. Under Article 3, section 8 of the By Laws of the MLB Constitution, that is not possible.

:D

Why somebody turned this thread to Arod I dont know.

Utley is awesome, by far the best 2B in the game. But comparing him to a guy who hit 20 more home runs than him last year isnt fair.

Scott being his usual jackass self.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Your habit of turning discussions where you don't really have a defense and turn it into name calling are tiring.

I do no such thing. I just bring real talk to this forum. Not weaksauce like some other people...

Back on topic, Chase Utley is winning an MVP this year.

One can only guess that this only blather from you, as you come to teh table with nothing to back up your claim.

Unless you think batting average is more important than other statistics, Cano did not touch Wright in 2006.

.342/.366/.525 57 XBH, 126 OPS+ in 122 games

.311/.381/.531 71 XBH, 133 OPS+ in 154 games

how did he not "touch" him? playing 2nd base certainly makes up for the small OPS+ difference.

put the pipe down son.

If you want to get picky, Wright hits in a much less hitter friendly park.

But we get it Blackout, everyone who plays as a Yankee or on your fantasy team =AWESOME, everyone else=SUCKS.

And after that, you will resort to name calling.

:rl:

Its what young kids do,,see the world through homer glasses..

Its a teen thing...

looks like you are correct about Wright batting 5th

however, Cano batted 5th 11 times that year.

he spent more time at 6, 7 and 8.

Wright barely holds an advantage in power (.531 vs .438 and .525 vs .440), which is expected from a 3rd basemen. Wright has a small in run production (7.4 vs 6.6) but nothing dominating.

but Cano holds an edge on defense (wright played an average 3rd base, cano played an average 2nd).

in conclusion, David Wright is clearly superior in every faccet of the game and I am sincerely apologetic for questioning your authority on the subject of life. :rolleyes:

I love your definition of "slight".

My numbers were from baseball-reference in terms of where Cano batted in 2006. According to them, just over half of his at bats came from the 5 and 6 spot.

Wright has won a Gold Glove at 3b. While he hardly is a superior fielder, he certainly is above average. He has put on a clinic, just this past week alone.

I think Wright gets to the ball as well as anyone I've seen. His biggest issue is his arm is erratic. I don't have any statistics, but I would bet that most of his errors come from his throws to first.

Archived