Kevin Jones Picked up by Pats

drago

Snap out of it people!! Kevin Jones is not a Patriot!! Your little cannibal leader is misguiding you. :lol:

No $hit! Does anyone read the articles posted anymore before blathering about? The thread title is false!!! This is how nasty rumors and STDs get started...wait, where do STDs come from? Ah...Tom Brady, of course. Right, carry on...

Snap out of it people!! Kevin Jones is not a Patriot!! Your little cannibal leader is misguiding you. :lol:

No $hit! Does anyone read the articles posted anymore before blathering about? The thread title is false!!! This is how nasty rumors and STDs get started...wait, where do STDs come from? Ah...Tom Brady, of course. Right, carry on...

Are you suggesting the thread starter is some sort of a d-bag? I resemble that statement, and demand justice.

Kevin Jones, career yards per offensive touch: 4.51

Thomas Jones, career yards per offensive touch: 4.25

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I'll take the back that gets more productive touches and actually scores TDs, rather than the one that manages to get an arbitrary 1,000 yards rushing.

I'll take the one who is going to remain healthy over the one who can't stay healthy for an entire season. 4.51 yards over 4.25? Wow thats such a big difference there. Thomas Jones stays healthy and is a grinder. Kevin Jones is an injury plagued, over-rated piece of garbage that if signed will not make the Patriots' roster.

There is a reason Detroit, a Running Back hungry team, dropped him, no matter what .26 yard average crap you want to bring up.

Again, touchdowns do not make the running back. There are things called Fullbacks, Tight Ends and Goaline backs that score the touchdowns for some teams and Chicago had that while Jones was there. He wasn't asked to score and last I checked the New York Jets scored less touchdowns than Randy Moss last season and didn't have that many opportunties for Jones. Enough fade routes already huh? Not everyone likes to wear down their main back inside the 5 yard line.

I swear you make this so easy.

Kevin Jones > Thomas Jones

When he's healthy.

Leon Washington averaged 5.0 ypc to Thomas Jones's 3.6 ypc behind the same group of blockers last season. Thomas Jones just isn't that good. He had a couple good seasons in Chicago and Tangini overpaid for him with the high 2nd round pick and a big contract.

Sorry 124.

Since when is $5 mill a year a big contract? Tangini didn't overpay for him at all, they switched down not even 20 spots, thats hardly over paying.

Also, Leon Washington got 5.0 ypc because A. he's a scatback and B. he carried the ball less than 150 times. That just may have something to do with it. Call me crazy.

Since when is $5 mill a year a big contract? Tangini didn't overpay for him at all, they switched down not even 20 spots, thats hardly over paying.

Also, Leon Washington got 5.0 ypc because A. he's a scatback and B. he carried the ball less than 150 times. That just may have something to do with it. Call me crazy.

1) $5 mil per year is $5 mil per year. In today's NFL when Chris Baker is b*tching b/c Bubba Franks is making a fraction of that it is considered big money. Also, that off-season we could have signed a good Right Tackle like Marc Colombo from the Cowboys that off-season for less than that and he would have helped this team out far more than Thomas Jones did.

--We also could have signed Chris Brown or Jamal Lewis for a fraction of the money we gave Thomas Jones and they would have done the same thing or better.

2) Leon is better than Thomas Jones b/c he's faster and he's better at finding the crease which is why he averaged almost 2 more yards per carry.

Whatever 124, you stated your opinion and you're not going to back down from trying to defend it no matter how wrong you really are.

I'll take the one who is going to remain healthy over the one who can't stay healthy for an entire season. 4.51 yards over 4.25? Wow thats such a big difference there. Thomas Jones stays healthy and is a grinder. Kevin Jones is an injury plagued, over-rated piece of garbage that if signed will not make the Patriots' roster.

There is a reason Detroit, a Running Back hungry team, dropped him, no matter what .26 yard average crap you want to bring up.

Again, touchdowns do not make the running back. There are things called Fullbacks, Tight Ends and Goaline backs that score the touchdowns for some teams and Chicago had that while Jones was there. He wasn't asked to score and last I checked the New York Jets scored less touchdowns than Randy Moss last season and didn't have that many opportunties for Jones. Enough fade routes already huh? Not everyone likes to wear down their main back inside the 5 yard line.

I swear you make this so easy.

Yes, I make it very easy whenever you ignore entire posts of mine that absolutely ****ing own you.

124, before I respond to this post, please, PRETTY PLEASE with some **** on top, respond to my post in which I point out the career fumbles/touches of LaMont "Chronic Fumbler" Jordan and Dominic "Rarely Loses the Ball" Rhodes.

Thank you.

You want recognition that LaMont Backup Jordan has less fumbles than Rhodes? You got it. He's still nothing more than a change of pace back.

PN, you can spin it anyway you'd like, but you are still wrong. Leon Washington would not have had even a 4.0 ypc average if he had carried the ball the amount of times Jones did behind the line last season. The stats and facts do not lie. He is a scatback, not a full-time starter. You CANNOT comparte a scatback to a freakin' 300+ carry a season back.

You want recognition that LaMont Backup Jordan has less fumbles than Rhodes? You got it. He's still nothing more than a change of pace back.

PN, you can spin it anyway you'd like, but you are still wrong. Leon Washington would not have had even a 4.0 ypc average if he had carried the ball the amount of times Jones did behind the line last season. The stats and facts do not lie. He is a scatback, not a full-time starter. You CANNOT comparte a scatback to a freakin' 300+ carry a season back.

Thank you.

The recognition is deeper than that. You just recognized that you will just talk out of your ass to further your agenda against LaMont Jordan. How can anything you say be taken seriously whenever you just make **** up?

As for the previous post, the numbers show that Kevin Jones, when healthy, is a more productive all-around back than the Dancing Bear. And spare me the "that's what goal-line backs are for" bull****. Thomas Jones is not built like a scat back. He is not Tiki Barber and he is not Warrick Dunn. He is simply a mediocre running back that doesn't make anything whatsoever happen on his own. He needs to run through gigantic holes to be successful, a fact which is illustrated inside the five yard line.

How have I made **** up about LaMont Jordan's over-rated career? The guy is injury proned since becoming a starter, was a chronic fumbler in a Jets uniform for the amount of carries he received and he has one 1,000 yard season. Yeah, he's great. He's an NFL starter for sure.

You are out of your freakin' mind! The guy is worthless if he's carrying the ball more than 5-15 times a game. 15 times at most before he starts to become worthless. Anyone can have one lucky season. I mean, Thomas Jones has had THREE, right Troll? ;)

Kevin Jones WHEN healthy MAY be better than Jones, but we have no consistent information to base that upon. One healthy season, four years ago cannot be compared with what he would do the rest of his career if he could stay healthy with his noodle legs.

How have I made **** up about LaMont Jordan's over-rated career? The guy is injury proned since becoming a starter, was a chronic fumbler in a Jets uniform for the amount of carries he received and he has one 1,000 yard season. Yeah, he's great. He's an NFL starter for sure.

You are out of your freakin' mind! The guy is worthless if he's carrying the ball more than 5-15 times a game. 15 times at most before he starts to become worthless. Anyone can have one lucky season. I mean, Thomas Jones has had THREE, right Troll? ;)

Kevin Jones WHEN healthy MAY be better than Jones, but we have no consistent information to base that upon. One healthy season, four years ago cannot be compared with what he would do the rest of his career if he could stay healthy with his noodle legs.

LaMont Jordan was a chronic fumbler while with the Jets? He was here four years, and he in three of them, he didn't put the ball on the ground a single time. It's just a joke that you noted one of Dominic Rhodes strengths is that he rarely fumbles...the dude fumbles a lot.

It just doesn't make sense to me. You are willing to give Rhodes a free pass for not cracking 3.5 yards per carry behind a GREAT Indianapolis line, but LaMont and Kevin Jones suck, even though they did better than Rhodes behind crappier lines with Kerry Collins, Josh McCown, Andrew Walter, Joey Harrington, and Jon Kitna as their QBs.

We have seen Thomas Jones behind a good line in Chicago. He was about league average. If you give any RB giant holes to run through, he's going to put up solid numbers. Thomas' problem is that he creates nothing on his own. He doesn't make people miss, and he doesn't move the pile. Jordan and Kevin Jones do, which you would know if you actually watched Kevin, and not just looked at his stat sheet and decided he sucked because he didn't rush for an arbitrary rushing total that hasn't meant jack **** for 30 years.

And will you please cool it with the "LaMont is not a feature back" ****? I admitted this long ago. But it isn't because he is ineffective, it's because he is a big *****. This team would be a lot better off with a LaMont/Leon timeshare than it would with 325 ****ty Thomas Jones carries a year.

Archived