Kevin Jones Picked up by Pats

drago

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80848e21&template=with-video&confirm=true

kevin-jones-655x350.jpg Elsa/Getty Images Kevin Jones amassed 3,067 yards rushing in four seasons with the Lions.

Never finished trying to upgrade its roster, New England is at it again. As usual.

This time it is tinkering with the idea of adding a running back that could provide valuable depth, if not spirited competition.

Last week, New England very quietly hosted a visit -

He's a waste and Laurence Maroney is a much better back. I don't see Jones making their Regular Season roster unless they plan to keep him as a back-up to both Maroney and Sammy Morris.

I rarely believed you with the statement you placed on Rhodes, but saying Kevin Jones won't make the roster is just ridiculously dumb.

My opinion.

124 is as good at evaluating RBs as Green Jets and Ham is at evaluating white college QBs that get moved to WR.

He has not been signed by the pats, no where in that article does it say they signed him and it is not on any of the sports news sites. He was simply brought in for a visit, it would be a good pickup if they actually do pick him up but as of yet lets not give them credit for anything until they actually do it!

He's a waste and Laurence Maroney is a much better back. I don't see Jones making their Regular Season roster unless they plan to keep him as a back-up to both Maroney and Sammy Morris.

He's better than Kyle Eckel and more less the same thing as Sammy Morris so I'd be surprised if he got cut.

Nothing wrong with him starting on the PUP. No team survives the whole season w/o losing a RB. Even if he sits out the first 5 weeks it is no big deal, if he helps in the post season.

Agreed, but the point remains he has not been signed by anyone. He will not be signed by anyone until there is a clearer picture on his recovery. This thread title should be changed and folks should read the article.

124 is as good at evaluating RBs as Green Jets and Ham is at evaluating white college QBs that get moved to WR.

Says the man who believes in Erik Ainge. :lol:

Sorry Troll, I forgot that 1,119 yards behind Adrien Clarke is HORRIBLE. :lol:

Seriously, you need to pay more attention to the game not the players you like / dislike. I was not a fan of bringing in Jones, but I'm not as thick headed as you as I can acknowledge that for the line he ran behind in 2007 he did somewhat well.

He's better than Kyle Eckel and more less the same thing as Sammy Morris so I'd be surprised if he got cut.

Sammy Morris > Kevin Jones

Kevin Faulk > Kevin Jones

Laurence Maroney > Kevin Jones

New England isn't going to carry four Running Backs. He will be cut unless there is an injury.

Yeah, Kevin Jones, woo-hoo. He's decent when he's healthy. Key words: When he's healthy. He won't be and he won't see the field unless there is an injury.

There is a reason Detroit let him go.

Great signing by those douche-bags.

When healthy, he is the best RB with the last name of Jones in the AFC East.

So we're going to bash Thomas Jones for having 1,119 yards behind an OLine featuring two that arn't in the NFL anymore and not because of age, but we're going to celebrate Kevin Jones for this!?

During his rookie year, Jones led the Lions with 1,133 rushing yards while scoring five touchdowns. But foot and knee injuries slowed him down during his next three seasons in Detroit and contributed to his release in March.

You're right man. Those 14 more yards were DOMINANT. :lol:

I rarely believed you with the statement you placed on Rhodes, but saying Kevin Jones won't make the roster is just ridiculously dumb.

My opinion.

Tell me which of the Patriots' first three Running Backs he is better than. Please, enlighten me. He's not better than Maroney and his value isn't even close to the value of Kevin Faulk so that leaves Sammy Morris who has had a better career than Jones and Belichick loves his veterans.

Sorry, I just don't see it.

Hey listen, I for one hope they keep this P.O.S. He'll have a nice 19 carries a year, blow out his knee and ha-ha-ha, Sammy Morris can do a nice job elsewhere and they'll have to run down Maroney to the point where he's useless come December / playoff time. Bring it on.

Says the man who believes in Erik Ainge. :lol:

Sorry Troll, I forgot that 1,119 yards behind Adrien Clarke is HORRIBLE. :lol:

Seriously, you need to pay more attention to the game not the players you like / dislike. I was not a fan of bringing in Jones, but I'm not as thick headed as you as I can acknowledge that for the line he ran behind in 2007 he did somewhat well.

Well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I'm not the guy that claims Dominic Rhodes is a "stud" while at the same time saying LaMont Jordan and Kevin Jones don't belong on NFL rosters.

I pay plenty of attention to all the players in the league and I will admit instances in which I am wrong (David Carr; on JI, I am pretty sure I once predicted that Byron Leftwich would be the greatest black QB to ever play). That's more than I can say for you.

And Thomas Jones ****ing blows. LaMont Jordan got 1,000 yards and 9 TDs behind an even ****tier line in '05 and according to you, he's one of the worst RBs in the league. 1,000 yards is nothing. It's not 1974 anymore. Using your own criteria (1,000 yards behind ****ty line), you are a hypocrite.

So we're going to bash Thomas Jones for having 1,119 yards behind an OLine featuring two that arn't in the NFL anymore and not because of age, but we're going to celebrate Kevin Jones for this!?

During his rookie year, Jones led the Lions with 1,133 rushing yards while scoring five touchdowns. But foot and knee injuries slowed him down during his next three seasons in Detroit and contributed to his release in March.

You're right man. Those 14 more yards were DOMINANT. :lol:

Sorry, 124, but I kind of dig RBs that aren't allergic to painted grass. Kevin Jones can score and is a good receiver, which gives him two up on our Dancing Bear.

Nothing wrong with him starting on the PUP. No team survives the whole season w/o losing a RB. Even if he sits out the first 5 weeks it is no big deal, if he helps in the post season.

I love these Patsie douchebags

Cindy goes down, you guys go nowhere

I've never said LaMont Jordan doesn't belong on an NFL roster. He belongs on an NFL roster but as a situational Running Back. A back-up bruiser who takes the ball at MOST 15 times a game and what ya know Troll, I've been right as he's been more successful doing exactly that. He can't stay healthy as a workhorse. Great evaulation there buddy.

As for Rhodes, I've made my case and I still stand here without anyone coming up with a solid argument against it. In Indianapolis, which is what I said if people read correctly, Rhodes is a stud. He blocks well, runs between the tackles well, rarely loses the ball, is a solid kick returner and can catch the occasional pass out of the backfield. He is the perfect complement to your boy, Joseph Addai.

Kevin Jones? What exactly has he done? 1,100 yards one year and three years of knee problems? Oooooo Scary!!!!!!!!!!

In terms of rush blocking, I'll take Oakland's 05 line over the Jets '07 Line anyday. There is a big difference between Pass Blocking and Run Blocking when evaulating an Offensive Line and maybe you should take some time to look into that. Oh and great, LaMont had one 1000 yard season. Bravo, lets throw him a party. Fits right in with Kevin Jones:lol:

Thomas? Oh yeah, he has a few more than that.

Sorry, 124, but I kind of dig RBs that aren't allergic to painted grass. Kevin Jones can score and is a good receiver, which gives him two up on our Dancing Bear.

Yes because he's scored oh so much in his first four seasons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are really, really ridiculous. You don't need your starting Running Back to score 15 touchdowns to be successful. Its called a goaline Running Back, try investing in one, it works wonders, really it does! I think its time to put down the bottle or grass if we're going to talk about Kevin Jones as a touchdown maker, hahahaha.

Good night Troll. Hope you enjoy your sleep with your oftinjuried over-rated #34 Running Backs. I guess you were an oftinjuried RB who wore #34 back in High School. Ah the glory days eh Troll?

Kevin Jones and LaMont Jordan RULE!!!!!!! :headbang:

Good night Troll. Hope you enjoy your sleep with your oftinjuried over-rated #34 Running Backs. I guess you were an oftinjuried RB who wore #34 back in High School. Ah the glory days eh Troll?

Kevin Jones and LaMont Jordan RULE!!!!!!! :headbang:

They way I see it its a low risk high reward and if he can stay healthy might be a good back up to faulk, considering we dont have another third down back.

I love these Patsie douchebags

Cindy goes down, you guys go nowhere

Thats true , but consider the jets qb situation is they arent going anywhere with the qb's you guys have know. So you better hope the defense and special teams can score at least 10 pts a game.

I've never said LaMont Jordan doesn't belong on an NFL roster. He belongs on an NFL roster but as a situational Running Back. A back-up bruiser who takes the ball at MOST 15 times a game and what ya know Troll, I've been right as he's been more successful doing exactly that. He can't stay healthy as a workhorse. Great evaulation there buddy.

As for Rhodes, I've made my case and I still stand here without anyone coming up with a solid argument against it. In Indianapolis, which is what I said if people read correctly, Rhodes is a stud. He blocks well, runs between the tackles well, rarely loses the ball, is a solid kick returner and can catch the occasional pass out of the backfield.

Kevin Jones? What exactly has he done? 1,100 yards one year and three years of knee problems? Oooooo Scary!!!!!!!!!!

In terms of rush blocking, I'll take Oakland's 05 line over the Jets '07 Line anyday. There is a big difference between Pass Blocking and Run Blocking when evaulating an Offensive Line and maybe you should take some time to look into that. Oh and great, LaMont had one 1000 yard season. Bravo, lets throw him a party. Fits right in with Kevin Jones:lol:

Thomas? Oh yeah, he has a few more than that.

First of all, re: Rhodes, here's my case: the dude averaged 3.4 yards per carry his last year in Indianapolis. That is ****ing God awful. And it was behind a GREAT offensive line! He was easily replaced (and bettered) by a guy fresh out of the CFL this past season.

Oh, and remember how you used to call LaMont a chronic fumbler? Dominic "rarely loses the ball" Rhodes has five more career fumbles in 224 LESS touches. Yes, that's less touches for Rhodes, not Jordan.

Kevin Jones: 27 TDs in four years

Thomas Jones: 29 TDs in the last six years

Kevin Jones also had more receptions and yards in 12 games in 2006 than Thomas Jones has ever had in 16. He is a more complete back than the Dancing Bear. His knock is injuries. But 3/4s of a season of Kevin Jones is undoubtedly more productive than an entire one of Thomas. Unless, of course, you are the Kansas City Chiefs, and your objective is to kick field goals.

Yes because he's scored oh so much in his first four seasons. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are really, really ridiculous. You don't need your starting Running Back to score 15 touchdowns to be successful. Its called a goaline Running Back, try investing in one, it works wonders, really it does! I think its time to put down the bottle or grass if we're going to talk about Kevin Jones as a touchdown maker, hahahaha.

Kevin Jones, career yards per offensive touch: 4.51

Thomas Jones, career yards per offensive touch: 4.25

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I'll take the back that gets more productive touches and actually scores TDs, rather than the one that manages to get an arbitrary 1,000 yards rushing.

if anyone had the bad luck to watch a few lions games, Jones is a legit talent. He's always falling forward breaking hard tackles. If NE uses him sparingly he will be much more dangerous than the other two backups. Hell he may be better than Marony(spell?) in small doses.

Sammy Morris > Kevin Jones

Kevin Faulk > Kevin Jones

Laurence Maroney > Kevin Jones

New England isn't going to carry four Running Backs. He will be cut unless there is an injury.

Yeah, Kevin Jones, woo-hoo. He's decent when he's healthy. Key words: When he's healthy. He won't be and he won't see the field unless there is an injury.

There is a reason Detroit let him go.

Kevin Jones > Thomas Jones

When he's healthy.

Leon Washington averaged 5.0 ypc to Thomas Jones's 3.6 ypc behind the same group of blockers last season. Thomas Jones just isn't that good. He had a couple good seasons in Chicago and Tangini overpaid for him with the high 2nd round pick and a big contract.

Sorry 124.

Tell me which of the Patriots' first three Running Backs he is better than. Please, enlighten me. He's not better than Maroney and his value isn't even close to the value of Kevin Faulk so that leaves Sammy Morris who has had a better career than Jones and Belichick loves his veterans.

Sorry, I just don't see it.

Hey listen, I for one hope they keep this P.O.S. He'll have a nice 19 carries a year, blow out his knee and ha-ha-ha, Sammy Morris can do a nice job elsewhere and they'll have to run down Maroney to the point where he's useless come December / playoff time. Bring it on.

Sammy Morris ? Kevin Faulk ?

If they succeed in a Patriot uniform how would Kevin Jones do ? The only reason all 3 RB's you named are so called "good" is because of Tom Brady, not the offensive line. Kevin Jones will help the Patriots down the line. You'll see.

Archived