I'm About to Puke

The Troll

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/945598,edmonds051208.article

Cubs poised to sign Edmonds; Pie on way down?

May 12, 2008

Recommend (9)

BY GORDON WITTENMYER gwittenmyer@suntimes.com

It might not happen quite as fast as the Reed Johnson deal at the end of spring training, but the Cubs appear poised to sign veteran center fielder Jim Edmonds soon after he clears waivers Wednesday.

That would mean a demotion to the minors for touted prospect Felix Pie, who entered Monday with a .222 average and strikeouts in one-third of his plate appearances. The lefty-hitting Edmonds and right-handed Johnson would share center-field duties.

My guess is that they are looking for someone that will give them decent centerfield play.

Then this is not the place to look.

Edmonds is horrible in the field at this point, and he was never that great to begin with. The biggest show-off douche-bag in baseball over the last decade.

Then this is not the place to look.

Edmonds is horrible in the field at this point, and he was never that great to begin with. The biggest show-off douche-bag in baseball over the last decade.

Another endearing attribute is his cancerous presence in a locker room. But it looks like they're going to do it if he passes the physical. If there's anything good about this - it's the bus ride to Iowa for Pie.

Another endearing attribute is his cancerous presence in a locker room. But it looks like they're going to do it if he passes the physical. If there's anything good about this - it's the bus ride to Iowa for Pie.

Edmonds in San Diego this year was actually worse than Pie, if you can believe it.

I'd rather just let the kid play, rather than hand the job over to an ancient, crappy douche-bag like Jim Edmonds.

If we really want a free agent upgrade in center, there is a better option available. His name is Kenny Lofton, and it worked out pretty well the last time he was wearing Cubby blue.

Edmonds in San Diego this year was actually worse than Pie, if you can believe it.

I'd rather just let the kid play, rather than hand the job over to an ancient, crappy douche-bag like Jim Edmonds.

If we really want a free agent upgrade in center, there is a better option available. His name is Kenny Lofton, and it worked out pretty well the last time he was wearing Cubby blue.

They'll give him month and he if truly is done they will look in another direction. Cubs also may be looking to fill CF so they have the option a month or so down the road to trade Pie for some SP help.

Good debut.

Left seven on base.

Thank God for Cy Dempster.

LOL - I just saw that and was dying to come here to see the bot spit out an Edmunds singles in his 1st ab thread. I was prepared to ruin it.

Archived