Jets organization pulling for a certain QB???

BroadwayJoe12

The Jets' organization is "clearly pulling" for Kellen Clemens to win the starting quarterback job, according to the New York Post.

Clemens has the stronger arm, is more athletic, and can establish himself as a franchise QB with a strong year, but there won't be a clear favorite when camp opens. Pennington will be an extremely high paid backup if he loses. per rotoworld

Take this for what it's worth, but I don't remember anything like this about pennington or even clemens last year. It could be just pure speculation on the point of reporters, but we'll see.

The Jets' organization is "clearly pulling" for Kellen Clemens to win the starting quarterback job, according to the New York Post.

Clemens has the stronger arm, is more athletic, and can establish himself as a franchise QB with a strong year, but there won't be a clear favorite when camp opens. Pennington will be an extremely high paid backup if he loses. per rotoworld

Take this for what it's worth, but I don't remember anything like this about pennington or even clemens last year. It could be just pure speculation on the point of reporters, but we'll see.

It is pure speculation. But it is based on logic that even Chad fans should not be able to argue with. That being said, I have no doubt that Chad will be given the job if he clearly outperforms Clemens. They have obvious reasons to be "pulling" for Clemens, but I don't think they will let it cloud their evaluation.

This is a "take it for what it is worth" story.

I'm sure that most of us here would want Clemens to win the job being that is younger, can move around in the pocket and has a better arm than Chad.

The question is though can he be "The Guy"

You can have all the tools in the world but if you can't do the job well then what good are those tools.

We will find out in TC in just about another 2 months.

Yeah because Mangini usually calls up the Post and tells them that he's pulling for a certain player. That type of thing went out the door with Herman Edwards. It is logical to think they'd want the younger QB with a strong arm to develop into a winner and win the job, but this "article" is purely speculative.

Mangini named Pennington the starter prior to last season so how do you not remember that? That was concrete. This is a hunch by a reporter. It could be true but I guarantee that this report did not come from the Jets in any capacity.

Of course Clemens is the CS favorite, and will have a slight advantage in camp. He is their draft pick, he is 25, and he has a stronger arm.

With that said it is not a slam dunk. Pennington's skills seem to fit in with what the CS want to do on offense. Accurate short passer, has led the team to the playoffs in the past. He will not be easy to unseat.

Personally I am pulling for Clemens because his upside is much greater then Pennington's, but he has to show much more consistency, and leadership skills early on in camp.

This is the year Clemens must do it, or the QB search will be in full bloom next off season

I'd take redman over penny any day of the week. Penny was great in 02, but this is 6 years later, i'd be pumped if we signed redman.

HNNNFFF ARRGGG AHHHH THUMPPPP THUMP THUMP.....AHHHHHHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!

(that is the sound of Drago throwing MY boy Brett Ratliff under the bus)

HNNNFFF ARRGGG AHHHH THUMPPPP THUMP THUMP.....AHHHHHHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!

(that is the sound of Drago throwing MY boy Brett Ratliff under the bus)

haha, hey jimmy, you know i'd take ratliff over penny to. For some reason i think that type of guy would go into a game with no fear. Which is something penny may have done back in his hay-day.

I don't care who the QB is, as long as he will not fold like a lawn chair when we are down 7 points. BTW, with all these stats thrown around, has Penny ever come back from a 10 point deficit (to a team not named the 49ers)?

It's from Cannizzaro so it probably isn't true. He has no story so he's making stuff up again.

This is coming from someone here who doesn't even want to see Pennington starting again, have made posts pleading an (almost) anyone-but-Chad case, and I still think it's nonsense.

Fingers crossed for Clemens, I just don't think Chad has it anymore and hopefully it shows in TC so we can stick to the QB whos not going to be in his thirtys, and who can stay with the team longer and in better shape.

Your old, your weak, your done!

Fingers crossed for Clemens, I just don't think Chad has it anymore and hopefully it shows in TC so we can stick to the QB whos not going to be in his thirtys, and who can stay with the team longer and in better shape.

Your old, your weak, your done!

A FOOTBALL POST FROM TICTAC!!! I LOVE IT!

spot on too. :cool:

Of course Clemens is the CS favorite, and will have a slight advantage in camp. He is their draft pick, he is 25, and he has a stronger arm.

Absolutely! In fact, I'd put his advantage as somewhat greater than "slight." They need to either have Clemens emerge as a franchise QB, or know for certain that they have to address than need as soon as next year. Cannizzaro has little or no inside info, but the writing's on the wall. They've already turned the offense over to Clemens. It will take a massive meltdown on KC's part to lose the job. They'll give him every chance to succeeed. It'll be interesting to see how many reps Chad even gets with the starters in preseason.

I'd take redman over penny any day of the week. Penny was great in 02, but this is 6 years later, i'd be pumped if we signed redman.

The big advantage would be something in the neighborhood of $5 or 6M in cap savings. On the field, the differences are somewhat negligible. Especially if either player's position on the field is on the sidelines.

It's from Cannizzaro so it probably isn't true. He has no story so he's making stuff up again.

This is coming from someone here who doesn't even want to see Pennington starting again, have made posts pleading an (almost) anyone-but-Chad case, and I still think it's nonsense.

It's not nonsense. It's just what we needed ... another Chad-bashing thread.

Personally, like I have said before, I'm willing to go with whoever Mangini picks. I hope Clemens does great and gets the job, but I will be laughing uncontrollably if Chad gets it. From what I've seen on this board I'd have to think everyone will be selling their tickets cheap if Chad starts. What would be the point of cheering for a team with a loser like him at QB?

hey MD even the women can see what's going on-my wife who is just learning about football now for the last few years knows Chad sucks

My Cousin Bertha thinks that Ratliff should start and she has only watched football for one year. I say we go with him.

hey MD even the women can see what's going on-my wife who is just learning about football now for the last few years knows Chad sucks

women tend to not overanylize like a guy might do. Like the observation your wive made last year about the Jets just being smaller than the pats. It is true, it has to be a mental advantage to some degree as well as physical.

women tend to not overanylize like a guy might do. Like the observation your wive made last year about the Jets just being smaller than the pats. It is true, it has to be a mental advantage to some degree as well as physical.

yea it was a classic-I'll never forget it; "how come WE don't have any fat guys like that?"

Archived