For all of us masochist Jets fans tonight

shawn306

I remember being there... the place was electric the whole first half..then the demise comes and the same old jets thoughts come back. I remember walking out of there furious when 2 fans walk up and say..dude relax we are playing the Pats next week. Of course the Jets fumble a kickoff on like the ten and continue to tank the rest of the season. Ah the glory days

I was at that game as well and the funny thing was nobody knew what the hell was going on when the play happened.

From where I was sitting I figured someone jumped offsides or their was a false start and that is why everyone was just kind of standing around.

That game was the end of the road for the guys like Hasty, Lageman, Brian Washington and Moore. They flat out quit on Pete Carroll after that game.

The last game that year was against a 1-14 Oilers team who ended up smoking the Jets 24-10 and after the game I was listening to the press conference and they were talking to James Hasty who eventhough he was my favorite player half-assed his way through that game and he said

"I have definately played my last game as a Jet".

After the season Hasty, Washington Criswell, Moore, Lageman, Johnnie Johnson, all left as free agents.

Welcome to the abyss.

The one good thing is that it looks like NFL Network is starting to realize that there were classic NFL games before 2004. Next week will be the 81 AFC Championship between SD and the Bengals played in -58 wind chill. Hopefully the reach a little further into the archives and start digging out some stuff from the 70's and 80's.

Funny I remember that too and of course the Tony Casillas guarantee before the game. That Houston game was a disgrace and it was so clear the team quit on him. Must have been too many basketball games during warm ups.

Why stop there? NFL Network should show the 1998 AFC Championship game where we blew the lead to the Broncos or the week 1 game following season when we had the best team in the NFL and our starting QB ruptured his tendon or how about when Doug Brien took a sh*t in Pittsburgh?

Bring it on NFL Network.

Why stop there? NFL Network should show the 1998 AFC Championship game where we blew the lead to the Broncos or the week 1 game following season when we had the best team in the NFL and our starting QB ruptured his tendon or how about when Doug Brien took a sh*t in Pittsburgh?

Bring it on NFL Network.

if they showed a marathon of those games, there would be mass suicides in NY.

Archived