Why is Everyone Upset? We Should Be Used To This

The Gun Of Bavaria

Hey Fellas,

We all know I'm one of the most fired up, quick to get negative, quick to explode posters around. But In the past few years I've learned to expect the expected. We expect to lose players and we lost them. We expect players we want to not come to the Jets. We expect things not to go according to plan. Lately, in the era of free agency, we've become a farm system for other teams around the league.

JonEJet said we better expect to take a step back in 2005. I'll take it a step further......we've been taking so many steps back since 1968 that we're going back in time.

I have to imagine Bradway is trying, but I'm not expecting much of a miracle on his part. There isn't much out there and most of what is available is going fast.

I think that there is no way the Jets save the mother of all rookie classes, surpass their 2004 record. Just my humble, trying to stay calm opinion.

If we play better then we did last year then it is all going to be because of some washed up FA's or another great draft day by TB and Herm.

Also, Hackett out and Dinger in will help too.

I still see us playoff bound, but if we can't get anyone really good in here via FA, it's hard to believe we can get 2 or 3 more impact players via the draft like we did last year, so it'll be hard to believe us to be Super Bowl contenders.

Smizz makes a valid point.

Everytime this team takes one step closer to legitimacy the offseason comes along and the backstepping begins.

No way Vilma and DROB both sign a second contract.

In the span of a week, we've seen the balance of power swing in the AFC amongst the second tier teams, that being what the Jets are a member of.

I think some are over-reacting here. You guys were 1 game from the AFCC (by all rights you shoulda played the Pats instead of us), and ya gotta admit that ya looked good in the PO's gang. Looks like you guys will be major players on draft day which is not a bad thing at all. Which would ya rather have, aging, overpriced superstars or up and coming superstars? I firmly believe the Jets will do well on draft day.

Let us not forget that the Pats are taking some serious hits this off-season too. Duane Starks has been nothing more than a bust IMO. I've seen alot of him due to the ratbirds drafting him and trust me he can't even cover me. :lol:

The problme is everytime our draft picks mature, the contract is up and they scoot.

The Steelers have been doing that for a LONG time.

I think Tom Shane put it best when he said it's not a matter of losing guys, it's a matter of keeping the right guys (along those lines).

I honestly think the Jets are on the right track. 8)

First post here... but I just want to say that this offseason is not lost yet! Ferguson had a nice year, but people have been wanting to replace him for years. I understand the anger at losing out on Pat Williams too... but he is not the end-all at DT. Losing Jordan was a blow, but the man wanted carries, and with Curtis still going strong, I think Terry didn't have a true shot in the LJ sweepstakes. I truly believe that with the signing of a corner (let's say Smoot), maybe Derrick Blaylock to replace Lamont, one other FA at OT,DT or WR, and then a solid draft the Jets will be a stronger team than last year, and with a full-strength Chad, a team capable of winning it all.

Hopin for the best.

I think there is a lot of the offseason left. J Abe could still be traded so could Santana. I am on the Gary Baxter side but just cannot see him getting huge money. I can get negative fast but willing to let a week or two go by before I start blasting TB

Agreed it is still early. Plenty of time left. Can't grade anything yet.

First post here... but I just want to say that this offseason is not lost yet! Ferguson had a nice year, but people have been wanting to replace him for years. I understand the anger at losing out on Pat Williams too... but he is not the end-all at DT. Losing Jordan was a blow, but the man wanted carries, and with Curtis still going strong, I think Terry didn't have a true shot in the LJ sweepstakes. I truly believe that with the signing of a corner (let's say Smoot), maybe Derrick Blaylock to replace Lamont, one other FA at OT,DT or WR, and then a solid draft the Jets will be a stronger team than last year, and with a full-strength Chad, a team capable of winning it all.

Hopin for the best.

Hopin for the best.

HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU.

:lol::lol::lol:

i'm honored u picked my thread to make your first post

Archived