Jets & Giants should trade Baker for Shockey

ylekram

The same words were said about Randy Moss and Terrell Owens they both proved you all wrong. They led their respective teams on to the the post season.While the NYJETS thought about next year.This is happening all to often and im sick and tired of us passing on talent time and time again.

Owens= 0 super bowl rings

Moss= 0 super bowl rings

Moss is lazy and only decides to play hard when it suits him. No, I dont want a selfish player like him.

You really think if we had Moss on our team last year we would have been good? He would have been good? We dont have Tom Brady behind center. We have noodle arm and Clemens. He would have been the same selfish lazy player he was in Oakland... and being a pain in the ass too.

And no, Owens is not worth the trouble he causes. I dont care how awesome people like you think he is. He doesnt carry the team. You need a lot more than 1 good WR.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Owens= 0 super bowl rings

Moss= 0 super bowl rings

Moss is lazy and only decides to play hard when it suits him. No, I dont want a selfish player like him.

You really think if we had Moss on our team last year we would have been good? He would have been good? We dont have Tom Brady behind center. We have noodle arm and Clemens.

And no, Owens is not worth the trouble he causes.

We have noodle arm and Clemens so basically we dont have a QB.......I agree.

We have noodle aram and Clemens so basically we dont have a QB.......I agree.

so without a good QB, what good is it having a guy like Moss or Owens... neither would be pro bowlers with the jets.

shockey is no different. He wont change what we are as a team. His contributions do not outweigh the negatives about him.

If he was far and away the best TE in football, who didnt get hurt almost every single game, then yes... it would be wise to pursue him. But he isnt.

Did I say he was???????????? I used those players as examples of passing up on talent because of so called baggage that you all whine about.

You're comparing the situations.

In regards to Moss or Owens I would have welcomed either player as a Jet (Although it probably would not have ended well). The difference is those two have elite talent, Shockey does not. He's not worth the trouble he causes. Moss and Owens to an extent, are worth the problems they bring.

When you have a guy like Shockey on your team, one that is talented, but a problem because of his attitude and mouth, you try to work with him. When he's on somebody else's team you thank your lucky stars and don't do anything unless he is in a position where you have a blatant need. The Jets have more than enough serviceable TEs and Shockey's 10 ypc is not going to solve any deep threat gamebreaker needs. If the Jets were going to **** around with a headcase this offseason PacMan or D'Angelo Hall probably make more sense than Shockey.

So basically Irish your making a statement that prior to Shockeys injury he never contributed in any wins or in any positive way to the NYGIANTS in the 2007 season.

Statistics speak the truth.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jeremyshockey/profile?id=SHO162072&campaign=Google_NFLPlayer_JeremyShockey

He did produce some stats (which themselves were far from GREAT), he didn't produce or contribute to 4 playoff wins and a Superbowl though, that's what matters, not stats.

He produced alot more than any TE on our roster.Point proven.

No it's not proven, not even close.

Is he better than any TE on our team? Probably (although who knows with Keller on board). Still he would not bring us any closer to championship, and that is the ultimate goal.

No it's not proven, not even close.

Is he better than any TE on our team? Probably (although who knows with Keller on board). Still he would not bring us any closer to championship, and that is the ultimate goal.

POINT PROVEN. What would you like to debate next? Global warming,fuel prices?

He produced alot more than any TE on our roster.Point proven.

because as we all know football is a single player dominated game. It certainly does not need good players around them.

Put ANY stud WR or TE on this team last year and they suck.

You like Shockey? Fine.

Some of us dont. If the Jets had drafted him, he would be considered another Jets TE 1st round bust.

The only point that has been proven in this thread is that you are the biggest douchebag on this board.

If thats true then what does that make you considering you are an alcoholic who probably doesnt even shower on a daily basis.

I will forgive you for the rude comments towards me based on your unfortunate circumstances.

Happy Fathers Day do you even know who your daddy is????????

If thats true then what does that make you considering you are an alcoholic who probably doesnt even shower on a daily basis.

I will forgive you for the rude comments towards me based on your unfortunate circumstances.

I'm not an alcoholic although the fact that you presume so because I'm Irish does nothing to remove your reputation of being a racist.

Unfortunate circumstances?

Yes, I do know who my father is. Is this meant to be funny?

come on, there are much bigger douchebags here.

No, there really is not. There are some who compete (I could make a pretty long list) but this guy seriously is by far the worst. I cannot believe he has not been banned, hopefully that racist post should be enough to seal the deal on him. I'm hoping anyways.

douchebag escalates to alcoholic who doesnt know his father... and you dont shower!

IJ run for the hills!!!

You are inching closer to the top of the douchebag leader board.

douchebag escalates to alcoholic who doesnt know his father... and you dont shower!

IJ run for the hills!!!

You are inching closer to the top of the douchebag leader board.

This guy makes DefenseWinsChampionships look like Sperm Edwards when it comes to football knowledge.

No, there really is not. There are some who compete (I could make a pretty long list) but this guy seriously is by far the worst. I cannot believe he has not been banned, hopefully that racist post should be enough to seal the deal on him. I'm hoping anyways.

I wish I had the strength to compile a biggest douchebag top 10, but Im worn out from researching latin vs american ballplayers and the interleague records...

What post would that be you spin doctor.Ive said nothing racially motivated in any post.

You have been OWNED by me and now you bring out a supposed race card??????

I wish I had the strength to compile a biggest douchebag top 10, but Im worn out from researching latin vs american ballplayers and the interleague records...

I could but I'd make a lot of enemies. LOL

You could rest assured though that 5180 would be #1.

What post would that be you spin doctor.Ive said nothing racially motivated in any post.

You have been OWNED by me and now you bring out a supposed race card??????

Owned? Is that your whole purpose on a message board is to own people?

Wow.

BTW, you made a point about why you want a particular player. IJ made his point. There was no ownage rights to be had in the discussion.

Archived