Jets & Giants should trade Baker for Shockey

ylekram

Some people are really delerious, Shockey the player is not worth Shockey the pain in the ass, it's not even close.

He does more bad than good, the Giants were 100x better without him, and won the superbowl in his absence.

The Jets would be worse off with him, not better. Blocking the best part of his game, he drops balls he has no business dropping, and he complains about everything.

He is no game breaker in my opinion, don't get bitching confused with toughness and attitdue, the guy is a cancer, not a leader.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shockey's hands can be huge question marks, but if you downplay the dynamic he would add to the offense with his blocking and the way teams have to shift defensive formations for him, I think the offense would benefit greatly from his presence on the field alone. Like having a 2-TE set with Shockey and Keller and splitting them both wide. That would be a nightmare for opposing DCs to gameplan against. I'm not sold on him and don't think he ever lived up to billing, but I can only watch him drag 6 defensive players to the goal line so many times without wondering what he would add here.

That said, he is also an immature glory hound and I don't see the FO bringing in that type of player, especially since he loves to air his concerns in the media. Hell, they sat Chris Baker for one comment he made. Shockey would spend half the season on the bench.

Shockey's hands can be huge question marks, but if you downplay the dynamic he would add to the offense with his blocking and the way teams have to shift defensive formations for him, I think the offense would benefit greatly from his presence on the field alone. Like having a 2-TE set with Shockey and Keller and splitting them both wide. That would be a nightmare for opposing DCs to gameplan against. I'm not sold on him and don't think he ever lived up to billing, but I can only watch him drag 6 defensive players to the goal line so many times without wondering what he would add here.

That said, he is also an immature glory hound and I don't see the FO bringing in that type of player, especially since he loves to air his concerns in the media. Hell, they sat Chris Baker for one comment he made. Shockey would spend half the season on the bench.

TGG banned you? :rl:

Just like we passed on Moss and Owens both of them had more TDs than our entire offense did the entire season.Yea his attitude is a good reason not to want a GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER on our team.Then again what have WON lately that puts us in any position to pass up on good quality athletes that can play the game.This team LACKS LEADERSHIP along with ATTITUDE and BALLS.Im not saying Shockey has all of the above.But he would certainly bring something to this team.

Moss and Owens are in a different class than that overrated loud mouth.

I agree, but I don't think Shockey fits that profile. Steve Hutchinson is a bad dude but he doesn't make nearly as much noise as Shockey. You can have "ATTITUDE AND BALLS" without all the theatrics and complaining that Shockey brings.

Attitude and Balls are everything god dammit.:roll:

Shockey has ATTITUDE he steps on the field with the mindset he is the best and wants the ball in his hands.

Shockey has BALLS to go over the middle and make the big play anytime and all the time not just when the game is on the line.

All you Shockey haters would change your minds in an instant if he was traded to the NYJETS. Some of you have blinders on when it comes to other NFL players other than NYJETS.

Imagine a formation of Coles,Cotchery,Keller and Shockey 4 wide how and who would defend it?

Shockey has ATTITUDE he steps on the field with the mindset he is the best and wants the ball in his hands.

Shockey has BALLS to go over the middle and make the big play anytime and all the time not just when the game is on the line.

All you Shockey haters would change your minds in an instant if he was traded to the NYJETS. Some of you have blinders on when it comes to other NFL players other than NYJETS.

Imagine a formation of Coles,Cotchery,Keller and Shockey 4 wide how and who would defend it?

you know what else he has? a ring that he earned BECAUSE he was hurt...lol

The giants are twice the team without this guy. :rl:

you know what else he has? a ring that he earned BECAUSE he was hurt...lol

The giants are twice the team without this guy. :rl:

STOP............Shockey played right up until he got hurt.Lets compare Shockeys stats to the starting TE for the NYJETS who played a full year.

lol You laugh at a professional athlete for being hurt???????

STOP............Shockey played right up until he got hurt.Lets compare Shockeys stats to the starting TE for the NYJETS who played a full year.

lol You laugh at a professional athlete for being hurt???????

you think i should do anything except laugh at this clown? He is such a horrible team player that as soon as he goes down his team goes on one of the greatest runs in NFL history. They played so well without him they won 4 consecutive road playoff games where their QB, who had been largely considered a bust, played the best football of his career.

Tiki and Shockey were absolute head cases that undermined all of what Coughlin was trying to acheive. Although i was suprised they beat all the teams they beat, I was not stunned.

Team sports are just about that. Team. Shockey is no more a team player than Ryan Leaf or or Ron Artest. Some guys simply do not have what it takes to win. They may put nice stats up, but in the end they are just your fantasy hero not a great player.

Shockey will latch on to some second rate franchise going for exactly what you are clamoring for, intensity, but that team will remain second rate until their GM realizes it's about team above everything else.

Lets not forget, the dude is a Tight End that hates blocking, if he were a receiver maybe then you could put up with his antics, as it stands, he's a overpaid whining loser who hasn't won't jack unless he was hurt.

you think i should do anything except laugh at this clown? He is such a horrible team player that as soon as he goes down his team goes on one of the greatest runs in NFL history. They played so well without him they won 4 consecutive road playoff games where their QB, who had been largely considered a bust, played the best football of his career.

Tiki and Shockey were absolute head cases that undermined all of what Coughlin was trying to acheive. Although i was suprised they beat all the teams they beat, I was not stunned.

Team sports are just about that. Team. Shockey is no more a team player than Ryan Leaf or or Ron Artest. Some guys simply do not have what it takes to win. They may put nice stats up, but in the end they are just your fantasy hero not a great player.

Shockey will latch on to some second rate franchise going for exactly what you are clamoring for, intensity, but that team will remain second rate until their GM realizes it's about team above everything else.

Lets not forget, the dude is a Tight End that hates blocking, if he were a receiver maybe then you could put up with his antics, as it stands, he's a overpaid whining loser who hasn't won't jack unless he was hurt.

We are a second rate franchise............and how about those stats???????????

I don't necessarily mean Shockey 27Dom, I mean more of the mindset that The Jets won't even entertain the idea of a guy who doersn't represent the "Jets core values". WTF are they anyway?

Sometimes you need to have guys who are friggin mean and ornery in a violent game like football. All this "I only want team leaders and boy scouts" hasn't exactly been tearing the league apart. I say make some exceptions to the rule...

I think they already have relaxed the choir boy requirement. Elam was arrested and had a huge scandal at ND. Ratliff also faced criminal charges. Jenkins supposedly made some noise in Carolina because he didn't like the way things were being handled. Once there is a core you can bring a few head cases without upsetting the whole deal. I think they will bring in guys that fit what they are doing. They will not sacrifice their core values so that the inmates can't take over the asylum.

Shockey is a me first guy. Anybody who can rejoin a team that won the super bowl without him and whine about his role is a moron. Screaming at the GM from the practice field? Having a few guys that are outside the norm is okay, but relax your requirements too much and you end up with the Bengals. As for Shockey's stats, I'm sure the Giants will have a huge problem replacing those 600 receiving yards. They are certainly more concerned with the Plaxico problem.

I think they already have relaxed the choir boy requirement. Elam was arrested and had a huge scandal at ND. Ratliff also faced criminal charges. Jenkins supposedly made some noise in Carolina because he didn't like the way things were being handled. Once there is a core you can bring a few head cases without upsetting the whole deal. I think they will bring in guys that fit what they are doing. They will not sacrifice their core values so that the inmates can't take over the asylum.

Shockey is a me first guy. Anybody who can rejoin a team that won the super bowl without him and whine about his role is a moron. Screaming at the GM from the practice field? Having a few guys that are outside the norm is okay, but relax your requirements too much and you end up with the Bengals. As for Shockey's stats, I'm sure the Giants will have a huge problem replacing those 600 receiving yards. They are certainly more concerned with the Plaxico problem.

PLEASE and who stole penny candy and who jay-walked??????????

Are you for real or do you just like reading lame azz posts.........

PLEASE and who stole penny candy and who jay-walked??????????

Are you for real or do you just like reading lame azz posts.........

I'm here so obviously the latter.

Aren't you the guy that yells "look at the stats" for Shockey, but wants the Jets to trade for Dwayne Jarrett with his 5 catches and 10 DNP coaches decision?

Not sure what the hell you mean about stealing candy and jaywalking. In my opinion, rape and sexual assault are much more despicable and serious offenses than anything that Shockey has done. I think the Jets will sign guys that aren't choirboys, but NOT guys that will hurt team unity. They have a theory and Shockey is not a good enough player to change team philosophy. It is also not a position of need since they have Keller and Franks.

Aren't you the guy that yells "look at the stats" for Shockey, but wants the Jets to trade for Dwayne Jarrett with his 5 catches and 10 DNP coaches decision?

Not sure what the hell you mean about stealing candy and jaywalking. In my opinion, rape and sexual assault are much more despicable and serious offenses than anything that Shockey has done. I think the Jets will sign guys that aren't choirboys, but NOT guys that will hurt team unity. They have a theory and Shockey is not a good enough player to change team philosophy. It is also not a position of need since they have Keller and Franks.

Great post Dom, but I'm going to warn you in advance not to bother arguing with 5180, he's logically challenged.

Shockey has never lived up to the hype. He is a big mouth loser.Giants did better without his distractions last year. He talks the talk but really doesnt produce.He could be very good if he was more team oriented and kept his trap shut but not he or any coach can change who he is. I would rather keep who we have and let THE GREAT (in his own mind) Chris Baker hold out if he wants.

Just sayin........

Yes look at Shockeys stats compared to Baker.

As far as Jarrett the last 2 years the WR talent pool has been weak.Thats 2 years older Coles and Cotchery.Jarrett could be groomed by Mangini he is a local kid who excelled at USC.1 DUI and 1 bad season doesnt end a players career.This kid can play given the chance in the right atmosphere.

Yes look at Shockeys stats compared to Baker.

As far as Jarrett the last 2 years the WR talent pool has been weak.Thats 2 years older Coles and Cotchery.Jarrett could be groomed by Mangini he is a local kid who excelled at USC.1 DUI and 1 bad season doesnt end a players career.This kid can play given the chance in the right atmosphere.

Not having any speed and having awful hands can be pretty tough for a WR to overcome.

It's funny how you're saying not to give up on Jarrett after '1 bad season' yet you're not prepared to do the same for Kellen Clemens, who has as at the very least shown more positives than Jarrett. Jarretts own teammates don't even like him.

Not having any speed and having awful hands can be pretty tough for a WR to overcome.

It's funny how you're saying not to give up on Jarrett after '1 bad season' yet you're not prepared to do the same for Kellen Clemens, who has as at the very least shown more positives than Jarrett. Jarretts own teammates don't even like him.

You have obviously never seen Jarrett play at USC. What did Kellen Clemens do in college compared to what Jarrett did.Lets also not forget the opponents they both played.

Clemens if im not mistaken was given a chance and FAILED in 2007 1 sack almost ended his career also.

As far as the kind words for Shockey id like to see either of you 2 cowards say this to his face.

kcuf that b!tch shockey! the chump's a cancer... whiny bastid needs a few bat swings to the head...

and for that matter, kcuf baker... FO should do him nice and nasty like cinci is doin ocho... tell his chump @$$, "oh, you don't wanna practice? ok... go sit at home for the season and we'll let you know if we need ya, chump."

As far as the kind words for Shockey id like to see either of you 2 cowards say this to his face.

typical response... so if I wont say it to his face, then I shouldnt say it? Right?

Then why have message boards. because no one will ever say to any player that they suck and are whiney bitches.

Of course us little normal people would never say anything, especially to someone who cant even control his emotions around people like him.

He's a jerk. He isnt a team player. No matter how good his stats look to you, he wont improve this team.

He is a cancer. He is not worth the aggravation.

typical response... so if I wont say it to his face, then I shouldnt say it? Right?

Then why have message boards. because no one will ever say to any player that they suck and are whiney bitches.

Of course us little normal people would never say anything, especially to someone who cant even control his emotions around people like him.

He's a jerk. He isnt a team player. No matter how good his stats look to you, he wont improve this team.

He is a cancer. He is not worth the aggravation.

The same words were said about Randy Moss and Terrell Owens they both proved you all wrong. They led their respective teams on to the the post season.While the NYJETS thought about next year.This is happening all to often and im sick and tired of us passing on talent time and time again.

You have obviously never seen Jarrett play at USC. What did Kellen Clemens do in college compared to what Jarrett did.Lets also not forget the opponents they both played.

Clemens if im not mistaken was given a chance and FAILED in 2007 1 sack almost ended his career also.

Yes I did watch a lot of him in college at USC he was pretty good. So were Reggie Bush and Mike Williams (basically a clone of Jarrett), they were a lot better actually, how have they panned out.

Did you ever watch Kellen Clemens in college? Ever? If you did you'd no that he was no scrub with Oregon either so comparing college careers does sweet **** all to help your pathetic arguement.

What are you talking about '1 sack almost ended his career'? He missed one game.

What the Hell does saying anything to anyones face have to do with anything we're talking about?

The same words were said about Randy Moss and Terrell Owens they both proved you all wrong. They led their respective teams on to the the post season.While the NYJETS thought about next year.This is happening all to often and im sick and tired of us passing on talent time and time again.

Stop comparing Shockey to the likes of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens when it comes to talent, He's not close.

Archived