Jets & Giants should trade Baker for Shockey

ylekram

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does shokey even have good numbers? I remember his rookie year everyone was raving about him and he had one TD. I think they just like that he has Tat's and talks a lot, he's just not that good. Not worth the attitude anyway.

Shockey wants the ball thrown his way more (I.E., he wants to be a bigger part of the offense).

If the Jets were to aquire him, we'd have to keep him happy as well as Laveranues, Jerricho and our newly 1st round drafted slot receiving Tight End, Dustin Keller. The Giants just had to manage to keep Plaxico, Amani and Jeremy happy and they couldn't do that. Imagine how we would do!

Never going to happen. The Jets don't want any part of Shockey's headache and demands.

We need a player like this on our team

If Bellipuke can get the best out of some of the crap they get, mangini better be able to do the same

Can never have too many offensive threats

If Shockey was able to convince everyone that Eli Manning was the worst QB in the NFL, what do you think he can do to Pennington or Clemens? No thanks, these two are bad enough as they are without being made worse.

Ok, so Shockey and Baker are unhappy where they are? Agreed. But I'm trying to figure out, why would they be happy if their roles were reversed? Are the Giants really going to pay Baker much more than we pay him? Is Mangini gonna want to let Shockey control the huddle like he did for the Giants?

Baker and a 3rd for Shockey? No, even if you do the deal, you don't throw a 3rd in. Maybe a 4th or 5th.

Shockey wants the ball thrown his way more (I.E., he wants to be a bigger part of the offense).

If the Jets were to aquire him, we'd have to keep him happy as well as Laveranues, Jerricho and our newly 1st round drafted slot receiving Tight End, Dustin Keller. The Giants just had to manage to keep Plaxico, Amani and Jeremy happy and they couldn't do that. Imagine how we would do!

Never going to happen. The Jets don't want any part of Shockey's headache and demands.

Exactly. While he's a talented guy he's just NOT worth the headache.

trade baker and a 3rd for shocky.

For what? Its not even an important trade. With Bubba and Keller, we could just release baker and keep our 3rd rd pick. What would be the purpose for shockey. Not saying he isnt good, I do believe that he's one of the better TE's in the league but there must be a purpose behind what you're saying relevant to making the jets a better team.

P.S. Last time I checked, Shockey just got his starting spot snagged.

Does shokey even have good numbers? I remember his rookie year everyone was raving about him and he had one TD. I think they just like that he has Tat's and talks a lot, he's just not that good. Not worth the attitude anyway.

I disagree with you here buddy. Like I said, Jeremy is one of the better TE's in the game. Its not easy taking this dude down. I remember when he was a rookie playing in preseason and everyone was in aww when he was getting 30 yard gains from trucking people over.

He still does that. You go head up with Shockey and there's a good chance that he's going to ring your bell, quite viciously. He would be an asset where ever he goes....as long as a team needs that asset. The jets dont.

Absolutely attitude is something much needed on this choir boy team.Shockey comes to play.

Shockey comes to bitch and moan and cry and make it about him.

His talent doesnt override the pain in the ass antics he displays for the world.

If you think Kendall and Baker are clubhouse cancers, just wait what happens if the jets ever get anyone like Shockey.

We need a player like this on our team

If Bellipuke can get the best out of some of the crap they get, mangini better be able to do the same

Can never have too many offensive threats

I agree with JonE here...who are the Jets to be so high and mighty all the time anyway? I mean if we had some great tradition of actually WINNING like say the Yankees or something then I can see it but WE'RE THE FRICKIN JETS man! Sign a couple of scumbags once in a while-scumbags who will gouge the Pats players' eyes out (now don't start with me Garb-you know what I mean) to win....someone who will take one for the team at Brady's knees-ya know like Wilfat is always only too happy to do...

I agree with JonE here...who are the Jets to be so high and mighty all the time anyway? I mean if we had some great tradition of actually WINNING like say the Yankees or something then I can see it but WE'RE THE FRICKIN JETS man! Sign a couple of scumbags once in a while-scumbags who will gouge the Pats players' eyes out (now don't start with me Garb-you know what I mean) to win....someone who will take one for the team at Brady's knees-ya know like Wilfat is always only too happy to do...

see Kendall, Baker, and Coles!

see Kendall, Baker, and Coles!

all 3 of those guys were contract disputes Bobby...with the exception of Coles who will NEVER be happy Baker never said nuthin' before. I mean a guy who is good but perhaps a head case like say Ocho Cinco or TO or Shockey an a-hole for sure but a guy who produces

Baker for Shockey doesn't work for alot of reasons. First, Shockey's salary and cap hit is much higher. Add $3MM for Franks and Keller and it doesn't work. The Jets don't use the TE is another good reason. If Shockey works the middle of the field, where is the room for Coles and Cotchery? He's a good player, a head case and a potential difference maker. If this was the Chad of say 2002, it would be a good move. If the QB struggles getting him the ball, Shockey is a nightmare. Look at Baker. A good receiver who never gets the ball. He knows it will get worse sharing the ball with Keller and Franks. That's really why he's complaining about his contract now. Think Skockey is more patient than Baker????

all 3 of those guys were contract disputes Bobby...with the exception of Coles who will NEVER be happy Baker never said nuthin' before. I mean a guy who is good but perhaps a head case like say Ocho Cinco or TO or Shockey an a-hole for sure but a guy who produces

SoFla, I remember how you felt about Kendall. If you think Coles is never happy, pay attention to the media reports about Shockey. The guy is constantly yapping to the media and always blaming somebody else for the team's problems. This is a guy who is demanding a changed role in the offense after the team won the super bowl without him. He has complained about his contract and/or his role every season I can remember and has specifically stated he'd like to play for a few teams other than his own (I can remember Philly and NO, there were probably more). He is coming off a major leg injury, still isn't ready to practice and has chronic ankle problems and has had concussions. Trading Baker for him would be trading a headache for a huge pain in the neck.

Not only is Shockey a douche and a perennial contender for ******* of the year, but he is a gaping vagina as well. I swear I have never seen a Giant game without him either

A. Missing at least a few plays with some sort of injury

B. Bitching on the sideline like a spoiled child

I'll pass on the whiny egomaniac.

SoFla, I remember how you felt about Kendall. If you think Coles is never happy, pay attention to the media reports about Shockey. The guy is constantly yapping to the media and always blaming somebody else for the team's problems. This is a guy who is demanding a changed role in the offense after the team won the super bowl without him. He has complained about his contract and/or his role every season I can remember and has specifically stated he'd like to play for a few teams other than his own (I can remember Philly and NO, there were probably more). He is coming off a major leg injury, still isn't ready to practice and has chronic ankle problems and has had concussions. Trading Baker for him would be trading a headache for a huge pain in the neck.

I don't necessarily mean Shockey 27Dom, I mean more of the mindset that The Jets won't even entertain the idea of a guy who doersn't represent the "Jets core values". WTF are they anyway?

Sometimes you need to have guys who are friggin mean and ornery in a violent game like football. All this "I only want team leaders and boy scouts" hasn't exactly been tearing the league apart. I say make some exceptions to the rule...

Sometimes you need to have guys who are friggin mean and ornery in a violent game like football. All this "I only want team leaders and boy scouts" hasn't exactly been tearing the league apart. I say make some exceptions to the rule...

I agree, but I don't think Shockey fits that profile. Steve Hutchinson is a bad dude but he doesn't make nearly as much noise as Shockey. You can have "ATTITUDE AND BALLS" without all the theatrics and complaining that Shockey brings.

Not only is Shockey a douche and a perennial contender for ******* of the year, but he is a gaping vagina as well. I swear I have never seen a Giant game without him either

A. Missing at least a few plays with some sort of injury

B. Bitching on the sideline like a spoiled child

I'll pass on the whiny egomaniac.

Just like we passed on Moss and Owens both of them had more TDs than our entire offense did the entire season.Yea his attitude is a good reason not to want a GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER on our team.Then again what have WON lately that puts us in any position to pass up on good quality athletes that can play the game.This team LACKS LEADERSHIP along with ATTITUDE and BALLS.Im not saying Shockey has all of the above.But he would certainly bring something to this team.

Archived