PSL Survey

4HCrew

Anyone else get this? What a god damn joke with the numbers being thrown around. I am sure the Jets are shooting high to gauge the response from the fans but HOLY SH$T! Upfront payments and then payments over 15 years!!! What the F!! I will copy and paste some of the numbers from the survey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else get this? What a god damn joke with the numbers being thrown around. I am sure the Jets are shooting high to gauge the response from the fans but HOLY SH$T! Upfront payments and then payments over 15 years!!! What the F!! I will copy and paste some of the numbers from the survey

Please share whatever info you have....thanks!

But but but...

It is such a good investment any dedicated Jets fan should bend over and pay Woody Johnson $12 G's and $105 a ticket a game to sit in the UPPER FREAKIN' LEVEL. Think about it!

:rl:

This blows.

But but but...

It is such a good investment any dedicated Jets fan should bend over and pay Woody Johnson $12 G's and $105 a ticket a game to sit in the UPPER FREAKIN' LEVEL. Think about it!

This blows.

But where are BZ and aec4? why aren't they embracing this?

Woody is clueless. the astounding turn around on the waiting list this year should be throwing up red flags, but apparently he's ignorant and stupid.

lets see for an upper level corner seat 105 per game and 1500 a year for 8 years... what a bargain

And I thought the Pats were screwing me over with $169 lower level tickets. That looks like a bargain compared to what you guys are going to pay.

But where are BZ and aec4? why aren't they embracing this?

Woody is clueless. the astounding turn around on the waiting list this year should be throwing up red flags, but apparently he's ignorant and stupid.

aec4? The guy doesn't even have season tickets and bashes me and other fans for "complaining" about the increase in tickets and parking after a 4-12 season, where clearly people have been jumping off the waiting list (as raffyD so stated, he was 3000 something last year and was just offered season tickets by the Jets).

The New York Jets are conducting a survey among current season ticket

holders and wait listers to gauge your interest in purchasing season

tickets in The New Meadowlands Stadium, slated to open for the 2010

season.

Your answers will help the Jets determine the best way to sell tickets

to the new stadium. The survey will take only 20 minutes to complete.

To participate, please proceed to:

http://hpolsurveys.com/w34632/c-en_US.htm?id=1312107636&pwd=0545

The New York Jets are conducting a survey among current season ticket

holders and wait listers to gauge your interest in purchasing season

tickets in The New Meadowlands Stadium, slated to open for the 2010

season.

Your answers will help the Jets determine the best way to sell tickets

to the new stadium. The survey will take only 20 minutes to complete.

To participate, please proceed to:

http://hpolsurveys.com/w34632/c-en_US.htm?id=1312107636&pwd=0545

Unfortunately we cannot see the questions to the survey or the results. What were the numbers they were asking for.

If this is the case, after 25 years, the Jets (more specifically WoodY) can lap my sack, I will be out. I will still watch the games and root for the team but I would rather make the investment in my kids education or something similar. It's football for god's sake.

Upper Level- Between the 30s. $4000 PSL. $1050/year tickets.

Upper Corner- $800 up front, $800/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets

Upper End Zone- $500 up front, $500/year for 5 years- PSL. $900/year tickets.

Upper Level 30s to the end zone- $300 up front, $135/year for 15 years- PSL. $1050/year tickets.

Upper Level 30 to corner- $200 up front, $200/year for 5 years- PSL. $1000/year tickets.

Lower Level- Between the 30s. $5000 up front, $5000/year the next 5 years- PSL. $1650/year tickets.

Lower Level- 30 to the end zone. $20000 PSL. $1450/year ticket.

Lower End Zone- $2400 up front, $2400/year for 5 years- PSL. $1050/year ticket.

Lower 30 to corner- $400 up front, $400/year for 5 years- PSL. $1365/year ticket.

Coaches Club Seats:

Lower Level- Top 10 rows between 30 and 40. $4000 up front, $1800/year for 5 years- PSL. $6250/year ticket

Lower Level- 50 Yard Line, Top 10 Rows. $50000- PSL. $6250/year ticket.

Lower Level 50 Yard Line- $30000- PSL. $6250/year ticket.

Lower Level- 1st 10 rows between 30 and 40- $2500 up front, $2500/year for 5 years- PSL $6250/year ticket.

Mezz between 20 and end zone- $2000 up front, $2000/year for 5 years. $5250/year ticket.

Mezz between 20 and end zone- $15000- PSL. $5250/year ticket.

Mezz between 20 and 40- $15000- PSL. $5250/year ticket.

Mezz- 50 yard line- $8000 up front, $3500/year for 15 years-PSL. $5250/year ticket.

ok so what is the average PSL? I know there aren't an equal # of seats in each "section" as they're broken down here, but if most of them were assumed to be equal just to get a ballpark #...

$3K upper level; assume that's 50% of the seats

$15K lower level; assume it's 30% of the seats

$17K mezz level; assume it's 15% of the seats

$20K club seats; assume it's 5% of the seats

I'm sure I am off, but just to get an idea of the totals on an 80,000-seat stadium...

40,000 x $3K = $120,000,000

24,000 x $15K = $360,000,000

12,000 x $17K = $204,000,000

4,000 x $20K = $80,000,000

----------------------------

total PSL revenue = ~$750,000,000

And this stadium is costing the teams $600,000,000 each?

Even if I'm off by some $150,000,000+, it seems to me the PSL's aren't "helping" to finance the stadium. They're FULLY paying for the stadium. Cost to Woody Johnson: $0.00.

Nice little cash cow it's turned into. Seems my blind guess figures that totaled $750M weren't that off (that's roughly the Giants figure apparently). So that already exceeds the cost of the stadium by over $100M. Then the 5 advertisers will bring in another $25-30M/year for each of the two teams. This is in addition to the revenue the teams get ordinarily anyway.

You guys who have been going to the games for years are getting screwed.

Nice little cash cow it's turned into. Seems my blind guess figures that totaled $750M weren't that off (that's roughly the Giants figure apparently). So that already exceeds the cost of the stadium by over $100M. Then the 5 advertisers will bring in another $25-30M/year for each of the two teams. This is in addition to the revenue the teams get ordinarily anyway.

You guys who have been going to the games for years are getting screwed.

Cmon it is fine. There is plenty of milk left in the cow. You act as if people are getting laid off and the cost of living is out of control.

You guys and the way you over react....

The only ones that are going to be happy are the wives and girlfriends of all of the former season ticket holders who will now be in the area on Sundays... or maybe not because I will need to hire a personal carpenter to continually fix sheetrock damage :)

The only ones that are going to be happy are the wives and girlfriends of all of the former season ticket holders who will now be in the area on Sundays... or maybe not because I will need to hire a personal carpenter to continually fix sheetrock damage :)

Spending more time with the spouse

Anyone who supports this PSL scheme is an IDIOT.True there are many who can afford it but is it all worth it is the question. I dont sponge off my parents or live in their basement.I live in N.J I make a decent living pay a mortgage and high property taxes but frivolous wasteful spending is not on my agenda.

The NYJETS have taken away the real fans NFL experience.

Anyone who supports this PSL scheme is an IDIOT.True there are many who can afford it but is it all worth it is the question. I dont sponge off my parents or live in their basement.I live in N.J I make a decent living pay a mortgage and high property taxes but frivolous wasteful spending is not on my agenda.

The NYJETS have taken away the real fans NFL experience.

I just love your blanket statements.

So, if I get that right. If, because I love the Jets and want to continue to be a season ticket holder, I actually pay the PSL and continue to go to the games I am an idiot.

Nice.

Oh, and I am also not a real fan either.

Must be nice to live in such a black and white world.

BZ

So, if I get that right. If, because I love the Jets and want to continue to be a season ticket holder, I actually pay the PSL and continue to go to the games I am an idiot.

Nice.

BZ

I didnt say because you paid the price.I said anyone who SUPPORTED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORTED as in answering the survey in a positive way.

Nice.

BZ

Oh man, can somebody photoshop this head image.php?u=27&dateline=1188919909 in an empty new Meadowlands stadium. please, anybody.

I didnt say because you paid the price.I said anyone who SUPPORTED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPPORTED as in answering the survey in a positive way.

Since I only got a few questions in the survey before it was over, I didn't get a chance to actually post anything.

If the price of the PSL wasn't a factor (meaning, lets just say that they were all $100 a seat), the IDEA of a PSL is good. That you have the RIGHTS to seat and can sell those rights on the open market. The other model (Patriots) is that you have no rights to sell the tickets and have to pay big fees ($5,000 per) to transfer the rights.

So, now it is about cost. Either way this is going to be more expensive and the fans are going to pay a percentage of that through higher prices on everything from parking to tickets to beer and hot dogs.

To break it down, lets say every season ticket holder is going to $10,000 towards the new stadium.

Scenario #1. NO PSLs, they just raise the parking up to $50, and the ticket prices up to 100%. (Patriots model). Over the next ten years, you just pay more for everything, but have no rights to sell those tickets and high fees.

Scenario #2. PSLs. You pay $2,000-$3,000 per seat, but parking only goes up to $30 and the ticket prices only go up 15%. You have the right to sell those tickets when you want and no huge fees to do so.

Either way, the fans are going to pay. So are the sponsors. So are the corporations.

If I am going to pay for it, I rather pay a bigger up front cost and lower maintenance with the rights to sell than no up front, much higher maintenance and no ownership rights.

Too logical? Maybe.

BZ

Is the PSL fee refundable if you choose to opt out of your tickets say after 3 years.Im hearing yes and no. I trully dont have the $10k to donate to the NYJETS and not collect any interest or get a refund.

How will the PSL affect the online sites that have an awful lot of tickets for sale this year more than ive ever seen.

BZ I would go for option # 2 in your post. If it only cost me $2,000 one time fee and the tickets went up 20 - 30% in the new stadium, I would do that. At this point I hope that is what happens actually.

Anything more than that and I am out.

I could play around with the real math, but don't really have the time. It would take the cost for every season holder and spread it out in either ticket/amenity prices or into a PSL.

I guess my point has always been, we are going to pay, not just a matter of HOW we pay, what value we get out of paying and how MUCH we pay.

BZ

Scenario #2. PSLs. You pay $2,000-$3,000 per seat, but parking only goes up to $30 and the ticket prices only go up 15%. You have the right to sell those tickets when you want and no huge fees to do so.

Too logical? Maybe.

BZ

So you think that the tickets will have an initial increase and then stay at the same level for the next 10 years or so? The Jets have raised rices every year except one since Woody bought the team. In reality you can expect to pay the PSL and then get at the very least, semi-annual increases. The exodus of season ticket holders has started already and it's a damn shame.

So you think that the tickets will have an initial increase and then stay at the same level for the next 10 years or so? The Jets have raised rices every year except one since Woody bought the team. In reality you can expect to pay the PSL and then get at the very least, semi-annual increases. The exodus of season ticket holders has started already and it's a damn shame.

No, they won't stay static, but do you want your tickets to increase by 10-20% or 150-200% like they did for the Patriots?

BZ

Archived