No other Closer in baseball would have gotten out with no harm

MagicBizkit87

When you're up 2-1, and have the bases loaded with none out, there is not one other closer that would have gotten out of that inning without any harm. Rivera really is the best closer possibly ever, and even boston fans have to admit that was surely amazing what Rivera did.

When you're up 2-1, and have the bases loaded with none out, there is not one other closer that would have gotten out of that inning without any harm. Rivera really is the best closer possibly ever, and even boston fans have to admit that was surely amazing what Rivera did.

It was 2-0 when Rivera came in the game. Did you see who he got out? Crisp, Varitek and Lugo. Not exactly a murderous row of hitters.

It was 2-0 when Rivera came in the game. Did you see who he got out? Crisp, Varitek and Lugo. Not exactly a murderous row of hitters.

Why do Boston fans always have excuses, and never admit when they got beat? Rivera got the bases loaded, and it was 2-1. Every other closer for sure would have at least allowed a sac fly, Papelbon included.

Why do Boston fans always have excuses, and never admit when they got beat? Rivera got the bases loaded, and it was 2-1. Every other closer for sure would have at least allowed a sac fly, Papelbon included.

Mo got himself in a horrible situation and managed to get out of it facing the bottom of Boston's lineup.

Mo has been stellar in his career, but calling his performance amazing is a bit of a stretch.

I hope Papelbon gets into this same exact situation that Mo had tonight in the near future, I would guarantee that he would at least allow a Sac Fly.

Mo sucked today. He was lucky to get the save. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Mo sucked today. He was lucky to get the save. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Yeah, and even though he sucked he still got out of a game that seemed hopeless. You should know damn well that Rivera would be the only Closer that would be able to do something like that.

Please let Papelbon get into a similar situation like that. This sort of thing is what seperates Mo to Papelbon. Why is it so hard for you to admit that the best closer ever, and currently in baseball isn't Papelbon, it's Mo.

And I don't care who he faced. If it's Coco Crisp, or David Ortiz. It's pathetic if you cannot get one Sac Fly, or a double play, 2nd to 1st to drive in a run to tie the game.

Like JCB said, no other closer would have gotten out of that situation. He sucked at the beginning, but when he has those ice cold veins to get out of a bases loaded, no out situation with skipping a beat.

Whether he was facing crappy hitters or not, all they needed was a sac fly or a ground ball pass the infielders who were in. It's not like they had to hit a home run.

Sometimes I think Mo creates dramatic situations sometimes just to make it interesting.

Like JCB said, no other closer would have gotten out of that situation. He sucked at the beginning, but when he has those ice cold veins to get out of a bases loaded, no out situation with skipping a beat.

Whether he was facing crappy hitters or not, all they needed was a sac fly or a ground ball pass the infielders who were in. It's not like they had to hit a home run.

Sometimes I think Mo creates dramatic situations sometimes just to make it interesting.

And create mine, as well as every Yankees fans blood pressure to shoot up.

nice to see yankee fans giving the ol' verbal fellatio to their players again. I just couldnt stand all that negativity coming from them.

Yea god forbid we talk about how Rivera pitched today. :roll:

Next time I'll remember not to compliment our players after they play well.

I didn't see the game, but to say that Rivera is the ONLY closer who can and has gotten out of a bases loaded jam without allowing a run is pure BS.

Rivera is one of the best the game has ever seen, but to exclaim that a closer got out of a bases loaded situation and to be ebullient is over dramatization.

Those should be situations that closers are expected to get out of.

This era of coming in with a 3 run lead in the ninth and earning a save has totally watered down the value of the position and the save itself.

I just looked at the box score and realized that Rivera loaded the bases himself, gave up a run, and then worked out of it.

From the basis of reading this thread, Yank fans acted as if he came in with the bases loaded and worked out.

Gotta love the homers.

Watch the game before giving your opinion

I noticed you on here, I guess the Mess won

I just looked at the box score and realized that Rivera loaded the bases himself, gave up a run, and then worked out of it.

From the basis of reading this thread, Yank fans acted as if he came in with the bases loaded and worked out.

Gotta love the homers.

did u see how he loaded the bases? he hit two batters wither he did it on purpose or he came out not warmed up and not ready to pitch.... he still gt out of hit against what espn calls the scariest lineup in baseball...

my opinion he hit manny and youkilis on purpose just to get his adrenaline pumping and also hit two rivals.

did u see how he loaded the bases? he hit two batters wither he did it on purpose or he came out not warmed up and not ready to pitch.... he still gt out of hit against what espn calls the scariest lineup in baseball...

my opinion he hit manny and youkilis on purpose just to get his adrenaline pumping and also hit two rivals.

Yes, who wouldn't want to put the tying and go-ahead runs on-base just to get his adrenaline going? Especially after Lowell got a hit to knock in Drew.

The bottom line here is that Mo was two completely different pitchers in the 9th inning yesterday. He got out of it most likely due to a combination of the facts that he settled down, got control of his pitches, and was facing three of the worst hitters in baseball at their respective positions.

He has 22 saves. 0 blown saves. His era is 0.94.

Who is better than him exactly?

Why are you attempting to argue with chowds ? They are currently enfatuated with the dancing queen who can do no wrong.

For those of you who DIDN'T see the game, he hit 2 batters trying to run his cutter in on them. Big difference.

Why are you attempting to argue with chowds ? They are currently enfatuated with the dancing queen who can do no wrong.

For those of you who DIDN'T see the game, he hit 2 batters trying to run his cutter in on them. Big difference.

lol

dancing queen... lol

Did I say you couldnt? No I didnt. I just made fun of the verbal fellatio given to Mo.

Bunch of thin skinned babies for yankee fans.

Oh ok. So exactly how much should we be allowed to compliment our players? PM me the guidelines on how complimentary we are allowed to be and I'll be sure to follow them. :roll:

Archived