Hutchinson: Chad "weak"

TomShane

Is there any other group of football fans that use their former offensive coordinator as a scape goat more than us? Hell, many average fans couldn't even tell you who their team's OC is, period.

Any fan that doesn't know who their team's Offensive Coordinator is, is only a casual fan to begin with. I think you would have a tough time making a case for Hackett. Did you see any difference when Hendu replaced fat Ted at DC? I certainly did and I am happy Hendu is on our team. If we see the same improvement with the Dinger replacing Hackass, then the Jets will be a serious contender.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question:

If Hackett was as bad as Jet fans made him out to be, then why isn't he flipping burgers at McDonalds.

I guess Jet fans know more than Jon Gruden and the Bucs FO. :^o

He is the QB coach with the Bucs, not the OC. He will not be calling plays (prudent move on the Bucs part). We have lived the Hackett experience and obviously his shortcomings at KC and USC were overlooked before he came to the Jets, just as they are being overlooked by the Bucs.

I guess Jet fans know more than Jon Gruden and the Bucs FO. :^o

Yeah, WE fired him... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

How about the New York Jets organization knew that he is not a very good fit for our team and Gruden knows he can be a good QB Coach.

I know you are always trying to stir things up (must work at Starbucks), but that one is a stretch.

BZ

The fact that he took 2 years to finally fire an incomptetent coordinator would be reason enough for one to make a case that Herm should be out of a job as well.

It took four years to fire Hackett and you might want to consider that Herm was not really the guy who hired Hackett. Bradway is a factor here as well.

TX's rips on Pennington are so tired. Nothing else worth saying there.

It took four years to fire Hackett and you might want to consider that Herm was not really the guy who hired Hackett. Bradway is a factor here as well.

I think it was a rip on Edwards, and the Jet organization as a whole. Not Pennington.

You mean like PennyBoy's right arm?

Seriously Meddle, as an educated Jets fan, are you happy that you have an injury-plauged, over-hyped QB leading the Jets for the next 6 years?

Is he the type of QB that can beat good/great teams in the playoffs and take the Jets to the next level?

You mean like PennyBoy's right arm?

Seriously Meddle, as an educated Jets fan, are you happy that you have an injury-plauged, over-hyped QB leading the Jets for the next 6 years?

Is he the type of QB that can beat good/great teams in the playoffs and take the Jets to the next level?

Chad would be OK in my book to be the franchise's future if he made considerably less than he does. The contract we gave him before knowning what exactly we were getting from him still baffles me.

Archived