New Jets Fan / Author / Seeking Favre Feedback

letters4brett

I'm a brand new Jets fan (well, I actually made the transition last night and the members of your forum were kind enough to welcome me), and I'm also an author writing a book about Brett Favre. Much of my book is being written in the form of fan letters to Brett, and I would welcome letters from Jets fans to number four that I can include in my book.

All replies appreciated, and thanks again for the warm welcome to your online community.

I'm a brand new Jets fan (well, I actually made the transition last night and the members of your forum were kind enough to welcome me), and I'm also an author writing a book about Brett Favre. Much of my book is being written in the form of fan letters to Brett, and I would welcome letters from Jets fans to number four that I can include in my book.

All replies appreciated, and thanks again for the warm welcome to your online community.

Who was your team before?

Congrats... Most of the posters here are band wagon fans just like you.

Probably similar to how Farve is gonna work for the Jets.

Nah, we'll probably make the playoffs and be a team that is relevant unlike your team which hasn't been relevant since you lost Dan Marino, and even then your team was still a crappy team who couldn't get out of the Wild Card round of the playoffs.

Probably similar to how Farve is gonna work for the Jets.

Ahh, delusional Phinfan. Favre isn't coming back from a repaired knee, but lets forget about that part right? You guys have the 'better team' right?, can't wait for week 1.

welcome letters to brett. You must be feeling as weirded out about farve being a jet as I am. A letter to Brett?

Dear Brett, Bill Parcels once said that once a player talks about retirement he's already gone. What are your thoughts since I just about cried with you watching you retire on tv. To make it worse you stated you don't wanna be a jet but you were wore down by your own team & kinda forced here. So win us a superbowl & all is forgiven :mrgreen:

Ahh, delusional Phinfan. Favre isn't coming back from a repaired knee, but lets forget about that part right? You guys have the 'better team' right?, can't wait for week 1.

Yeah, Kellen Clemens, and the Jets defeated that joke of a franchise, 40-13. What the hell do you think Brett Favre is going to do this crappy team? Plus this time it's without Jason Taylor, so it may even be worse.

Hi Brett,

Welcome to the New York Jets Football Team of New Jersey. I hope you like your experience here. Please keep in mind Jets fans are a fickle bunch. Sure they are giving you message board fellatio today, but you lose 3 out of the first 4 games and you'll be dogsh!t.

I dont give a damn what you did in Green Bay. None of that means anything anymore. The only thing that matters now is your performance this year. Best of luck dealing with Mangini. You dont know what you are getting yourself into.

Yeah, Kellen Clemens, and the Jets defeated that joke of a franchise, 40-13. What the hell do you think Brett Favre is going to do this crappy team? Plus this time it's without Jason Taylor, so it may even be worse.

Blah blah blah blah.... :roll:

At least my "joke" of a franchise has been to and won a Superbowl since the 60's and I've actually watched my team play in a Superbowl. You cannot say the same thing. You must be so proud that your team is giving away draft picks for the modern day Y.A. Tittle..

At least my "joke" of a franchise has been to and won a Superbowl since the 60's and I've actually watched my team play in a Superbowl. You cannot say the same thing. You must be so proud that your team is giving away draft picks for the modern day Y.A. Tittle..

:rl: Yeah. 1973 was practically yesterday.

Dear Brett,

Some say that the universe is a cyclical closed-circuit loop, and that everything comes to wrest as it should, eventually. If that is the case, then your recent coronation as Jet QB V78 (or there abouts) should be viewed as fait accompli, and the Jets should have really drafted you in 1991.

Call me skeptical.

This is not 1991. Nor is it 1998 or even 2002.

This is 2008. A scant 4 months after you told us you were finished. Finished with an illustrious career, with near storybook results. Truly a marvel with feats that may never be seen again in NFL annuals.

And I am left to wonder if you should have closed that book, and began writing a new one. Because, that is where you are today. A brand new book.

Unfortunately, your prior accomplishments mean nothing to me. Sitting here as a New York Jet fan, consecutive game starts, massive yardage, TD records, heroic comebacks do nothing to assuage my want of a winner of a New York Jet football team. And I am not sure that you can bring that to this franchise.

I question your heart, and I question your desire. The recent fiasco only leads me to these conclusions. I realize, this is an unfair stance to take with someone I don't even know.

It may seem unfair that I force you to prove yourself, after everything that you have accomplished in the league. But I am not in the mood for personal victory parades and final laps around the track for the glory of the individual. I am only concerned in team results and the betterment and future of the New York Jet franchise. My hope is that you understand that.

If there truly is a switch in you which is able to quickly go from retiring athlete to the greatest challenge of your career, then I will wholeheartedly stand in admiration. Just call me a little cynical at this juncture.

And this will be a challenge unlike any other that you have faced. The scrutiny and the glare will be blinding. The hamlet of Green Bay gets swallowed in the gulf that is New York. Trivial occurences become festering back page headlines. And results matter. I hope that you have taken all of that in account.

I wish you the best of luck. Not for yourself, but selfishly for myself and legions of other long suffering Jet fans.

Crack that playbook.

I am guessing you were 3, maybe 4 years old in 1973, if that, and you didn't even know what football was then, so it's really like you didn't see them win it, because you probably didn't care, you were watching your bugs bunny cartoons instead at the time. Now, don't get me wrong, Bugs Bunny totally kicks ass, but you're so fool of yourself, and it's time to realize your team is the only team more of a joke then the Jets... lol

Dear Brett,

Some say that the universe is a cyclical closed-circuit loop, and that everything comes to wrest as it should, eventually. If that is the case, then your recent coronation as Jet QB V78 (or there abouts) should be viewed as fait accompli, and the Jets should have really drafted you in 1991.

Call me skeptical.

This is 2008. A scant 4 months after you told us you were finished. Finished with an illustrious career, with near storybook results. Truly a marvel with feats that may never be seen again in NFL annuals.

And I am left to wonder if you should have closed that book, and began writing a new one. Because, that is where you are today. A brand new book.

Unfortunately, your prior accomplishments mean nothing to me. Sitting here as a New York Jet fan, consecutive game starts, massive yardage, TD records, heroic comebacks do nothing to assuage my want of a winner of a New York Jet football team. And I am not sure that you can bring that to this franchise.

I question your heart, and I question your desire. The recent fiasco only leads me to these conclusions. I realize, this is an unfair stance to take with someone I don't even know.

It may seem unfair that I force you to prove yourself, after everything that you have accomplished in the league. But I am not in the mood for personal victory parades and final laps around the track for the glory of the individual. I am only concerned in team results and the betterment and future of the New York Jet franchise. My hope is that you understand that.

If there truly is a switch in you which is able to quickly go from retiring athlete to the greatest challenge of your career, then I will wholeheartedly stand in admiration. Just call me a little cynical at this juncture.

And this will be a challenge unlike any other that you have faced. The scrutiny and the glare will be blinding. The hamlet of Green Bay gets swallowed in the gulf that is New York. Trivial occurences become festering back page headlines. And results matter. I hope that you have taken all of that in account.

I wish you the best of luck. Not for yourself, but selfishly for myself and legions of other long suffering Jet fans.

Crack that playbook.

now theres a potw if ever there was one. great post dierk

Dear Brett,

Call me skeptical.

Crack that playbook.

:good:

I am guessing you were 3, maybe 4 years old in 1973, if that, and you didn't even know what football was then, so it's really like you didn't see them win it, because you probably didn't care, you were watching your bugs bunny cartoons instead at the time. Now, don't get me wrong, Bugs Bunny totally kicks ass, but you're so fool of yourself, and it's time to realize your team is the only team more of a joke then the Jets... lol

You're a moron. Miami went to a Superbowl in 1984.

Hey Letters4Brett, you actually emailed me about putting my Favre tribute in there (from The Blog That Yost Built). It's nice to see a "familiar" face around here!

:cheers:

Archived