Gholston

i remember shea

or it's his first preseason game and he is getting used to things in the nfl... guy hasn't played one meaningful down yet, give him time to adjust before calling him a bust.

i'm not sure if you were here earlier, but aec called him a workout warrior. Not sure why you tried to ignore aec like that. Need to listen dude, and listen good.

i thought he looked a little slow and out of place most of the night. any thoughts?

2 days and 2 threads? You better stop before you get addicted. :)

I don't think it is fair to say that Gholston looked a little out of place last night. What would be more accurate is to say that he looked a lot out of place.

That is why the defense all revolves around Kris Jenkins in my opinion. He can make Ellis better. And the pass rushing linebackers can benefit from some disruption in the middle as well.

Gholston will be a situational guy early on. Hopefully he can have an impact.

i'm not sure if you were here earlier, but aec called him a workout warrior. Not sure why you tried to ignore aec like that. Need to listen dude, and listen good.

I'm sorry, you're right. What was I thinking being reasonable. He's a workout warrior a bust, cut him.

He looked very tentative and showed us that he's weak in coverage right now, which we already knew. Is anyone surprised? Especially since it was the first preseason game. It seemed like they had him in coverage most of the time, probably trying to get him lots of practice in that area. I imagine he'll get more comfortable as time passes and he should have an impact as a pass rusher, but his coverage obviously needs work.

All world athlete who can potentially be dominant. Draft status only represents potential people NOT immediate results.

If he can learn the pro game and grow as a LB'er, he has the potential to be a HOFer. But again it's all potential we are talking about here. So I'll keep my expectations in check for another season or 2.

Or we can grade him on his first preseason scrimmage and call him a workout warrior and bust.

He has not been playing football very long and he is learning a new position. His potential is unlimited. Expect most of his playing time this year to be limited to substituting for Coleman and Ellis or as a 4th down lineman in passing situations. Especially if Thomas plays well enough to hold down one of the OLB spots. In another year or two, he will be starting opposite Pace and he could be another Merriman. Or even better.

He looked like what he is supposed to look like ........ A College rookie that played DE but the the Jets have him playing LB That's How. He is a Steriod puppy..... but he can be a HOF'er if he doesn't bitch like Johnny A. ( i want to play 8 games) only and get paid for a full seasom.He was still in school and has had No time to learn our playbook.But will he do his thing when he learns how to be patience...Yes . Cindy Beware #56 is coming for you.And it will hurt.......Bad!!!!!

Archived