John Elway was 37 + 38 years old

DMaynard

When he won his two Super Bowls.

Just saying ...

And didnt have any major injuries liek Brett hasnt. Yet everybody wants to compare Brett to Marino at this age when Marino had two blown knees, a busted ankle and who knows what else during his last few years. He looked like Robo cop on the field with all those knee and ankle braces

The 90's Broncos were a MUCH better team than the 08' Jets. Favre doesn't have a 2000 yard rusher in the backfield like Elway did... Just sayin'

Any RB could have run behind that Broncos OL and gained a lot of yardage as was proven after TD left. We will see how good the Jets rebuilt line is this season. It has the potential on paper to be very good, and we have a great coach to gel them.

Any RB could have run behind that Broncos OL and gained a lot of yardage as was proven after TD left. We will see how good the Jets rebuilt line is this season. It has the potential on paper to be very good, and we have a great coach to gel them.

Mangina has an overall record of 14-18, hardly great.

Mangina has an overall record of 14-18, hardly great.

Your savior Parcells was under .500 at his last stop as well. If you are going to put a ton of stock in that then you might as well give up your own team. It was Mangini's defense that held the Pats ofense to their lowest output of last season and the Giants copied in the super bowl. The Jets had no talent last season and a QB playing on one leg. It happens, even to the greats.

The 90's Broncos were a MUCH better team than the 08' Jets. Favre doesn't have a 2000 yard rusher in the backfield like Elway did... Just sayin'

Nice thorough analysis. :box:

And this Jet defense is potentially much better than that Broncos team. This Jets special teams are definitely better.

Your savior Parcells was under .500 at his last stop as well. If you are going to put a ton of stock in that then you might as well give up your own team. It was Mangini's defense that held the Pats ofense to their lowest output of last season and the Giants copied in the super bowl. The Jets had no talent last season and a QB playing on one leg. It happens, even to the greats.

Bill Parcells is not the coach of the Dolphins and I never claimed he was great. Mangina is not a genius, he's a ratfink copycat who sold out his mentor the first chance he got.

Bill Parcells is not the coach of the Dolphins and I never claimed he was great. Mangina is not a genius, he's a ratfink copycat who sold out his mentor the first chance he got.

I can kind of understand being a Patriots fan and coming to a Jets site to razz people. They have something behind them. What the hell is your deal? Your team is a complete joke.

I can kind of understand being a Patriots fan and coming to a Jets site to razz people. They have something behind them. What the hell is your deal? Your team is a complete joke.

crash is a little bit crazy but we like him...he's a likable nut

Elway might have been that old DM but he WASN'T a Jet so there is a big difference-according to the "Expert" sports writer guys

Of course. If Favre ended up with a media darling like the Bills or Redskins, the national love affair that would be encouraged would be sickening.

Of course. If Favre ended up with a media darling like the Bills or Redskins, the national love affair that would be encouraged would be sickening.

could you imagine him on say a Denver or even Tampa Bay? I mean they were creaming in their jeans waiting to tell the whole Gruden-Favre story...too bad we got him and they are FORCED to write about the Jets

I'm just ruffling some feathers. I love the rivalry between our two teams and I like this board, that's why I hang around here.

I'm just ruffling some feathers. I love the rivalry between our two teams and I like this board, that's why I hang around here.

No problem, dude. I am taking my anger at the national media out on you. You are OK and welcome on this board. :cheers:

Archived