QB dept. : " Storm brewing ? Favre, Jets not as natural a marriage as it appears " ~

kelly

This is my opinion:

Favre doesn't need to understand the intracacies of this offense, just yet. What casual fans fail to recognize, is that

We have a power-running offense, and will continue to operate as such.

Favre can hand a ball off, and has enough experience in this league to recognize defensive formations, and tell-tell player shifts to make adjustments at the line.

What we need is a QB that can throw the ball 15-20 times a game, whose arm strength will keep defenses honest.

That is all. I don't think he's here to play 'Payton Manning' or 'Tom Brady' (though he brings that presence). He's here to soundly operate a power-running offense. That is all.

We do? Then how come we haven't run for over 3.8 yards a carry for like 5 years now? That sure didn't look like a power running game to me even in preseason, come regular season it'll be worse, and playoff time it's pretty much impossible for any RB to run well.

I'm sure there will be games during the regular season where we can run all over the opponent. I just wouldn't get comfortable expecting that to happen. The Pats and Colts have power running games but nobody ever talks about it because they can also pass the ball well. We need to be able to do whatever needs to be done to win a game, and against Peyton and Brady, you're probably going to have to throw more than 15-20 times in a game.

This article smells of pure conjecture. The only real fact here is that Coles is unhappy to see Chad go. That's all the guy has. There's not a hint of disapproval from any other players, so this article has nothing but speculation.

But hey I'm sure it's drumming up some traffic for PFW.

Archived