QB dept. : " Storm brewing ? Favre, Jets not as natural a marriage as it appears " ~

kelly

Home > The Way We Hear It > NFL Lead Stories

Storm brewing ? - Favre, Jets not as natural a marriage as it appears

By Matt Sohn

Aug. 18, 2008

Eric Mangini was in a bind. Through minicamp, OTAs and into training camp, the Jets

Hi Kelly. Nice post, I've been thinking the same thing about Favre having trouble adjusting to the Jets system. He was not in football shape when he was finially traded and he's going to have trouble adjusting to a completley new team, playbook, city, coaches etc... I mean really, the guys arm was hurting after 1 day of practice.

Hi Kelly. Nice post, I've been thinking the same thing about Favre having trouble adjusting to the Jets system. He was not in football shape when he was finially traded and he's going to have trouble adjusting to a completley new team, playbook, city, coaches etc... I mean really, the guys arm was hurting after 1 day of practice.
Wishful thinking clown boy, but really you have no business worrying about Brett's arm when Chad is your QB. You should be on your knees praying not sucking and trolling around here.

Granted these are legitimate worries, once he gets in an actual game it's all different. He's said so himself. He'll be fine. As far as his arm "hurting" after one practice, it was fatigued, not hurting, bit of a difference.

Wishful thinking clown boy, but really you have no business worrying about Brett's arm when Chad is your QB. You should be on your knees praying not sucking and trolling around here.

Personal attacks. Thats what you're resorting to? Name calling and personal attacks. God you're so immature.

Personal attacks. Thats what you're resorting to? Name calling and personal attacks. God you're so immature.
You are so dispictable, you were just calling ma a transexual and telling me to finger my self and now you are crying about personal attacks.

You are seriously mental, telling me what I am resorting to, and calling me immature, what a hypocrite.

It's like the whole Chad flip flopping all over again, your posts are a worthless joke, and the entire community knows it.

Go peddle that sh*t on a dolfag board, where everybody is a full of crap worthless loser.

Talk about reaching.

What if ... uh ... Brett lets his beard grow real long ... and ... and ... Mangini wants him to shave ... but ... but ... Brett doesn't want to. How will that affect the other players?

Oh Christ. A HOF QB just fell out of the sky to a team that hasn't had a great QB in 30+ years and this is what this nitwit wants us to be worried about.

I believe Mangini treats his players as individuals. I think Laveranues gets "special treatment," but that everyone on the team recognizes that's the way Coles needs to be treated. I think Favre got a lap around the practice field early to reinforce the idea that he's "just" a member of the team. But...

Brett Favre is going to be allowed to freelance more than any other QB would've been permitted. If he needs an extra day off, he's gonna get it without question. Players realize that the guy's a.) old, and b.) f^cking Brett Favre! He can't be sitting in a Laz-e-boy on the sidelines while everyone else does the work in practice, but he's going to have certain privileges. Mangini has to know where to draw the line - and Favre does, too. I think they're both bright enough to understand that, too.

The only guy I'm really worried about in this regard is Faneca. He was the "superstar" the Jets brought in on offense, now all of a sudden he's an afterthought. He's one guy who could get his nose out of joint is he perceives too much special treatment. Coles is going to have to be coddled a little, too.

I believe Mangini treats his players as individuals. I think Laveranues gets "special treatment," but that everyone on the team recognizes that's the way Coles needs to be treated. I think Favre got a lap around the practice field early to reinforce the idea that he's "just" a member of the team. But...

Brett Favre is going to be allowed to freelance more than any other QB would've been permitted. If he needs an extra day off, he's gonna get it without question. Players realize that the guy's a.) old, and b.) f^cking Brett Favre! He can't be sitting in a Laz-e-boy on the sidelines while everyone else does the work in practice, but he's going to have certain privileges. Mangini has to know where to draw the line - and Favre does, too. I think they're both bright enough to understand that, too.

The only guy I'm really worried about in this regard is Faneca. He was the "superstar" the Jets brought in on offense, now all of a sudden he's an afterthought. He's one guy who could get his nose out of joint is he perceives too much special treatment. Coles is going to have to be coddled a little, too.

No way is Faneca going to have a problem with Favre. He's an offensive lineman, they never get any glory and they're used to it. On SNY the other day he was talking about how O-linemen get a lot of satisfaction out of the accolades the WRs, QBs and RBs get because o-linemen know that they are just as important to a successful offense as the more glamorous positions. He's probably even more excited about this season then ever and I expect him to being crushing people left and right.

I really didn't realize how many Jet haters were in the media untill this last week...

It will be that much more fun watching them eat their words. Of course, it will be even more fun watching them trample over each other to jump on the jets bandwagon when the Jets start off at like 5-1 or 6-0.

I hope Favre and Mangini read this pulitzer candidate so they'll know how to act. What a dimfart.

Brett's arrival comes at a great time in Mangini's career. You betcha he's going to come off of some of the Bear Bryant bs for Favre and in so doing kick it down a notch for the rest of the crew too. He's already shown he can be the merciless hun he felt was important to start his coaching career - and I happen to like most of what goes on in camp after too many episodes of Camp Edwards.

As for any Jet that doesn't understand what an opened up offense means - they can go away. Now. I think everybody we have will be onboard and happy to be on the train.

I hope Favre and Mangini read this pulitzer candidate so they'll know how to act. What a dimfart.

Brett's arrival comes at a great time in Mangini's career. You betcha he's going to come off of some of the Bear Bryant bs for Favre and in so doing kick it down a notch for the rest of the crew too. He's already shown he can be the merciless hun he felt was important to start his coaching career - and I happen to like most of what goes on in camp after too many episodes of Camp Edwards.

As for any Jet that doesn't understand what an opened up offense means - they can go away. Now. I think everybody we have will be onboard and happy to be on the train.

Exactly.

You are so dispictable, you were just calling ma a transexual and telling me to finger my self and now you are crying about personal attacks.

You are seriously mental, telling me what I am resorting to, and calling me immature, what a hypocrite.

It's like the whole Chad flip flopping all over again, your posts are a worthless joke, and the entire community knows it.

Go peddle that sh*t on a dolfag board, where everybody is a full of crap worthless loser.

Hey guys -- put each other on ignore and be done with this. You don't like each other. We get it.

No reason for us to read you guys fighting in multiple threads.

Sorry Max but this clown is following me from thread to thread, it's obvious he feels burned by me.

He won't let it go and now she's re posting sh*t she posted last week, and she still fails, he has to be the biggest joke loser here, but you don't need me to tell you that, everybody knows it.

Faneca and the others don't really care if the QB gets special treatment. It's kind of a tradition in the NFL that if an RB or QB has a really great season, and the OL helped pave the way to that, that at the end of the season the QB or RB gets them presents. If the QB isn't a knucklehead and knows this unwritten rule---and I bet you Favre knows and adheres to it----then the OL doesn't give a damn what special treatment or accolades the QB gets.

Hey guys -- put each other on ignore and be done with this. You don't like each other. We get it.

You might need to try and handle this a bit better, or it could spiral into another tx. Just saying. Or maybe it won't. I'm just a dumb poster, I don't know anything.

" . . . on ignore . . "

works for me . . ;) ~ ~ ~m_973d5b48843815e9448eabb62a9ff979.jpg . . :beer:

It was only a matter of time before the media would try to dig up controversy with Brett.

BINGO!

Welcome to a world under the microscope. Where sensationalism overtakes reality and the media is in control of public perception. It 'aint everything it's cut out to be. ;) You better hope Favre limits his hiccupss of the likes of Cimini and co. will eat it up and regurgitate it like a singing bird.

This is my opinion:

Favre doesn't need to understand the intracacies of this offense, just yet. What casual fans fail to recognize, is that

We have a power-running offense, and will continue to operate as such.

Favre can hand a ball off, and has enough experience in this league to recognize defensive formations, and tell-tell player shifts to make adjustments at the line.

What we need is a QB that can throw the ball 15-20 times a game, whose arm strength will keep defenses honest.

That is all. I don't think he's here to play 'Payton Manning' or 'Tom Brady' (though he brings that presence). He's here to soundly operate a power-running offense. That is all.

LOL at this post, I guess this particular blogger forgot to pay attention to ESPN, when they showed Favre and Mangold running penalty laps TWICE last week for botched snaps.

Yeah, Mangini's reeeealllly treating him like royalty.

In other news, acquiring Brett Favre was a high-risk move that showed the Jets depseration.... If things don't work out, we'll be forced to give away an all influential, high priced, 4th round pick.

LOL at this post, I guess this particular blogger forgot to pay attention to ESPN, when they showed Favre and Mangold running penalty laps TWICE last week for botched snaps.

In other news, acquiring Brett Favre was a high-risk move that showed the Jets depseration.... If things don't work out, we'll be forced to give away an all influential, high priced, 4th round pick.

Desperation? Desperation was spending 140 mil in the off-season and then looking at CP as your QB.

oh and don't forget the 1st round pick for a superbowl, because no franchise willing to win would make that tradeoff......

in no way shape or form was this trade a bad move

And the coaching staff made fun of Favre when he complained that his arm was tired last week.

I thought it was a nice touch when Brett atuographed the ball he threw to Keller for a TD. Keller has a very valuable football.

Brett has a winning personality and he will win people over. It will take a little bit of time.

If there is one group that may take awhile to win over, it is a group of militant racists that absolutely hate everyone of Favre's race from Mississippi. They put the whole history of race relations in Mississippi on Favre.

Those knee jerk racist haters will eventually get over Favre's race and where he grew up.

Didn't Favre in his first press conference as a Jet say the most important thing was chemistry in the locker room? Did he not repeat that to emphasize its importance?

It will be fine.

didn't you read the fine print? Personal attack bans only apply to jets fans, we are allowed to personally attack all trolls at will. It is for the sake of population control.

Archived