Must win for Jets this Sunday

PatriotReign37

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every game is a "must win" but we could lose this one and go on to win the next 3.

Yeah, it looks like a trap game and has all the things stacked up, but it is just a game.

BZ

These games should not be trap games for either team. It's the first game of the season, and both teams should be pumped. The Jets of course will probably be more pumped then any team with Favre starting his first game as a Jet. I think if anything the Cheaters game would be more of a trap game. But i think they will be pumped and eager to erase the memory of their collassal choke job from last year.

Every game is a "must win" but we could lose this one and go on to win the next 3.

Yeah, it looks like a trap game and has all the things stacked up, but it is just a game.

BZ

Its probable that the Jets will lose the next 2 games after Miami facing both 07 diviosn winners. Thats why this game is so important.

These games should not be trap games for either team. It's the first game of the season, and both teams should be pumped. The Jets of course will probably be more pumped then any team with Favre starting his first game as a Jet. I think if anything the Cheaters game would be more of a trap game. But i think they will be pumped and eager to erase the memory of their collassal choke job from last year.

Yes, the Jets an old man Farve have something to prove.

Can they take the next step to 8 - 8?

All games in the NFL are must wins until you clinch a playoff birth and then home field, ect if that was important to your team. The Jets are a improved team from a year ago so yes with New England and SD in the waiting both being two very good teams in our conference, we are also better and very capable of beating both of those teams. So as many people will write that there is a chance or fear of being 0-3 in the same sense there is a chance of being 3-0.

Yes, the Jets an old man Farve have something to prove.

Can they take the next step to 8 - 8?

Keep talking Troll. Your defense got significantly worse. The Giants have shown the rest of the league how to beat you. The Cheaters "reign" is over and the downfall begins.

With juggernauts NE and SD on deck.

I'll bet Penny will defeat the Jets this season just not this weekend.

The Jets could very well lose to Miami and beat NE and SD due to the new pieces on offence (especially Favre) and defense needing at least one week of the regular season to gell. They might need three weeks to gell, go 0 - 3, and then win their last 13 games.

You have to be pretty naive to call the first game of the season a must win for anybody.

Keep talking Troll. Your defense got significantly worse. The Giants have shown the rest of the league how to beat you. The Cheaters "reign" is over and the downfall begins.

:bwahaharoll:

Now, do you really believe that Belichick wont change the offense?

He knows better than anyone that every team will be trying to use the Giants formula to come after Brady. Furthermore, why he even bother to gameplan in pre season just so some Wannabe like Mangino can break down the film and be ready for him week 2?

The objective in pre season is to evaluate rookies and FA's to form your roster/practice squad and not get players injured.

The Jets could very well lose to Miami and beat NE and SD due to the new pieces on offence (especially Favre) and defense needing at least one week of the regular season to gell. They might need three weeks to gell, go 0 - 3, and then win their last 13 games.

You have to be pretty naive to call the first game of the season a must win for anybody.

You have to be naive to think everything will go so smooth.

I cant wait to see this "outstanding Jets defense" you've been crowing about. Jenkins has never played NT in his life and he already is going to be great.:roll:

I cant wait to see this "outstanding Jets defense" you've been crowing about. Jenkins has never played NT in his life and he already is going to be great.:roll:

Some of us have the ability to evaluate talent before it is obvious. Others wait for Peter King or John Clayton to tell them.

And I do believe I said they may need time to gell. How long, even I don't know.

:bwahaharoll:

Now, do you really believe that Belichick wont change the offense?

He knows better than anyone that every team will be trying to use the Giants formula to come after Brady. Furthermore, why he even bother to gameplan in pre season just so some Wannabe like Mangino can break down the film and be ready for him week 2?

The objective in pre season is to evaluate rookies and FA's to form your roster/practice squad and not get players injured.

Bwahahaha

Try reading my post troll. I didn't mention a word about preseason. It's very simple actually - put pressure on Cindy and she will fold. Teams last year were game planning on containing Moss and the receivers in general, and not focusing on getting to Cindy. Now getting pressure on her will be the main focus.

Sure the cheater will adjust the offense to compensate, but he may or may not be successful. One things for sure, the offense isn't going to be anywhere near as successful as last season. This coupled with a much worse defense will prevent the Cheaters from going as far as last year.

Have you ever seen Jenkins play, or even know he's a pro bowler? Living in Carolina, I've had the pleasure of seeing him play in person. I can tell you he is a force that demands double teams. He is a perfect fit for the NT position. There is no reason not to expect him to do well as the NT. Could he flop? Sure, and I could hit lotto tomorrow too. The point is he's an impovement over misfit D-Bust Rob. There's no question about it. Couple that with the addition of Pace, and the subtractions of 3-4 misfits Hobson and Vilma and the D has definitely improved.

Bwahahaha

Try reading my post troll. I didn't mention a word about preseason. It's very simple actually - put pressure on Cindy and she will fold. Teams last year were game planning on containing Moss and the receivers in general, and not focusing on getting to Cindy. Now getting pressure on her will be the main focus.

Sure the cheater will adjust the offense to compensate, but he may or may not be successful. One things for sure, the offense isn't going to be anywhere near as successful as last season. This coupled with a much worse defense will prevent the Cheaters from going as far as last year.

Do you wear Coke Bottle glasses?

Why would Belichick keep the same offense when he knows for certain every DC will use the Giants gameplan? Also, you foolishly judge the Pats D from meaningless pre season games.

Belichick is 20 steps ahead of you.:grin:

Have you ever seen Jenkins play, or even know he's a pro bowler? Living in Carolina, I've had the pleasure of seeing him play in person. I can tell you he is a force that demands double teams. He is a perfect fit for the NT position. There is no reason not to expect him to do well as the NT. Could he flop? Sure, and I could hit lotto tomorrow too. The point is he's an impovement over misfit D-Bust Rob. There's no question about it. Couple that with the addition of Pace, and the subtractions of 3-4 misfits Hobson and Vilma and the D has definitely improved.

Exactly. Anyone who has seen this guy play DT can see he has everything to be an even better NT. Then add to that, that he has dominated in TC and all three pre-season games against 1st string o-linemen, you can kinda make a logical leap.

But hey, if I was a nervous Patriots fan, I would also cling to any argument that delays the inevitable truth as long as possible.

How can you tell the ability to evaluate from wishful thinking?

And how can you evaluate that teams won't be able to apply great pressure on Cindy this year and/or that Moss will have the same stellar year like last season? Do you know personally how bad Cindy's injury is and how it will affect her performance this season? It goes both ways troll. It's a different a year and anything can happen.

IMO the Jets have improved on both sides of the ball while the Cheaters have declined on the D.

Why would Belichick keep the same offense when he knows for certain every DC will use the Giants gameplan? Also, you foolishly judge the Pats D from meaningless pre season games.

Giants gameplan? It is simple. The Eagles and Ravens already proved it before the SB. The Jets in the second meeting as well. Of course, that was simply because of the weather. Nothing the Jets did.

To slow down the Patriots, it is much better to pressure Brady then to have extra pass coverage. You can have 8 guys in coverage, if Brady has all of the time in the world to pass, he will kill you. When he is pressured, he is much less effective. It is worth the chance of being exposed in the secondary and giving up a TD or 2 versus giving him all of the time he needs and watchign him put 40 on the board.

This is not rocket science. Some NFL HCs just take a little longer to get it. They will this year.

I could legitmately see the Jets starting 0-5. I don't favor them until they have the Bengals at home until week 5 and even then, could be tough.

As much as I hate Old Man Favre, he'll win at least 2 of the first 5 games. Hes like Marino was in the sense that he has a CHANCE to win any game. Is he still the Favre of old? Thats the biggest question to be answered.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension troll? Again, I never mentioned anything about Preseason games. Stop pulling that out of your arse. Also, in my post I stated that BeliDick would adjust the O but that he may or may not be succussful. What about this do you not understand?

The point is that teams will stop focusing on stopping Moss and the receivers and instead will focus on getting to Cindy. Again, the Cheater will adjust the O for this, but IMO teams will get a lot more pressure and the O will not be as good as last year.

I could legitmately see the Jets starting 0-5. I don't favor them until they have the Bengals at home until week 5 and even then, could be tough.

Jets host Cincy in week 6, so I assume you actually think the Jets could start at 0-4.

But do you honestly think we're going to lose to both Miami and Arizona?

Come on, you're saying that the Jets shouldn't be favored to beat the fish? I hate the Cheaters, but I will admit they should be favored in Week 2. What about Arizona - we shouldn't be favored against them? Your posts in general have been pretty objective, but you're way off on this one.

Jets host Cincy in week 6, so I assume you actually think the Jets could start at 0-4.

But do you honestly think we're going to lose to both Miami and Arizona?

THe Bengals don't match up particularly well with you guys, but I do think they're a better team (they're my surprise AFC team this year.)

Going into Miami in September isn't going to be easy. If Miami wins, it's not an upset. And Arizona has a better team than the Jets so no, it would not surprise me if the Jets started at least 0-4, maybe 0-5.

Giants gameplan? It is simple. The Eagles and Ravens already proved it before the SB. The Jets in the second meeting as well. Of course, that was simply because of the weather. Nothing the Jets did.

To slow down the Patriots, it is much better to pressure Brady then to have extra pass coverage. You can have 8 guys in coverage, if Brady has all of the time in the world to pass, he will kill you. When he is pressured, he is much less effective. It is worth the chance of being exposed in the secondary and giving up a TD or 2 versus giving him all of the time he needs and watchign him put 40 on the board.

This is not rocket science. Some NFL HCs just take a little longer to get it. They will this year.

Exactly. The Reign37 troll just don't understand logic, or refuses to acknowledge it.

Archived