Must win for Jets this Sunday

PatriotReign37

THe Bengals don't match up particularly well with you guys, but I do think they're a better team (they're my surprise AFC team this year.)

Going into Miami in September isn't going to be easy. If Miami wins, it's not an upset. And Arizona has a better team than the Jets so no, it would not surprise me if the Jets started at least 0-4, maybe 0-5.

Man, stop stealing Ricky's stash!! Not an upset??!! Only fish fans would think that. I would think even Cheaters trolls would admit that would be an upset if it happened. It's much more likely that the fish go 0-5 than the Jets. You're being pretty delusional here. Remember, your team was the one that was 1-15 last year. The Jets have improved on both sides of the ball. I don't see where they go 0-5. Geez, they could also upset the Cheaters or SD.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, stop stealing Ricky's stash!! Not an upset??!! Only fish fans would think that. I would think even Cheaters trolls would admit that would be an upset if it happened. It's much more likely that the fish go 0-5 than the Jets. You're being pretty delusional here. Remember, your team was the one that was 1-15 last year. The Jets have improved on both sides of the ball. I don't see where they go 0-5. Geez, they could also upset the Cheaters or SD.

We're at home, you guys are favored by 3 points. It might be an upset, but only a slight one.

And you guys were 4-12 last year. 1-15 means nothing as discussed ad nauseum throughout this past week.

We're at home, you guys are favored by 3 points. It might be an upset, but only a slight one.

And you guys were 4-12 last year. 1-15 means nothing as discussed ad nauseum throughout this past week.

I see your point, but an upset is still an upset - just as a one point win is still a win and a one point loss is still a loss. If the Jets were 3 point dogs to the Cheaters, I wouldn't be saying I don't view it as an upset if they win.

I don't agree with the other statement. Not to spark the debate again, but to me there is a huge difference between 4-12 and 1-15, just as there is between 10-6 and 7-9. In Baseball, hockey, or basketball it would be different. Winning just one game is absolutely horrible, and very hard to recover from.

Regardless, I made the statement in reference to Aqua's statement that we would go 0-5. I'm merely stating that it is much more likely that a 1-15 team would start the season 0-5 than us. IMO both teams have improved (the Jets improved more IMO) and I don't think either will go 0-5, but between the two my money would be on the Phins doing the 0 fer.

I knew you were going to mention last year's record, good thing the roster have more than a 50% change over rate. If you have been paying attention at all this off-season, you know this 2008 team is WAY differnet than the 2007 one. If you guys expect to come into Miami, in September and blow us out, you're the delusional one. And if you want to talk about records last year, you were 4-12 with two wins over a 1-15 team and one win over a 4-12 team lol.

I knew you were going to mention last year's record, good thing the roster have more than a 50% change over rate. If you have been paying attention at all this off-season, you know this 2008 team is WAY differnet than the 2007 one. If you guys expect to come into Miami, in September and blow us out, you're the delusional one. And if you want to talk about records last year, you were 4-12 with two wins over a 1-15 team and one win over a 4-12 team lol.

What players replaced Taylor & Thomas on the Dolphins D?

In case you weren't aware, very few 1-15 teams make siginificant improvements the next season. It usually takes at least a couple of years. So yes, the 1-15 season does have some siginificance. You can't just sweep that under the rug.

If you had been paying attention at all this off-season, you would know that the Jets made significant improvements in several weak areas on both O and D. I just don't see where you come off on us going 0-5. We could just as easily go 5-0 as 0-5. Your team is more likely to go 0-5, but I don't see that happening for either team.

Where in this thread did I say a blowout? Anyway, I think you're making too much about the home field advantage and weather. I was at the blowout game last year and that was a miserable hot humid day - and obviously it didn't affect us. Plus a good quarter of the stadium will be Jets fans - you guys never sell out.

I don't understand the theory on the heat playing a big factor in that game. This is not November or December. The Jets have been practicing in some pretty bad heat the last couple months, no?

Exactly. As I stated above I was at the blowout last year and it was very hot and humid. It didn't affect our performance at all. I'd be more worried if it rains heavily.

What players replaced Taylor & Thomas on the Dolphins D?

We're better off at end this year than we were last year. Kendal Langford (our 3rd round pick) starts at left end while 2nd round pick Phillip Merling is the 3rd end on the depth chart. Taylor was useless against the run and, for the most part, non-existant last year as a pass rusher. We're better at that spot.

Channing Crowder will assume Zach's role in the middle as the play caller/main tackler. That's a downgrade but with Zach's health, it was a move that had to be made.

I don't understand the theory on the heat playing a big factor in that game. This is not November or December. The Jets have been practicing in some pretty bad heat the last couple months, no?

The humidty in South Florida is only matched along the gulf coast in Louisana, Alabama and Texas. It drains your body of all fluids and energy, there's no way to prepare for it except to play in it.

If you had to wear full pads and run around in 90+ degree heat you'd change your mind about that. It feels like 100 on the field. The Jets haven't experienced the humidity we have here I guarantee you that.

Ive lived in South Florida my whole life and trust me it IS brutal.

Check the Phins All-Time home record in Sept/Oct. Its always a factor. Ask Denver about the heat on opening day a few years ago...

If you had to wear full pads and run around in 90+ degree heat you'd change your mind about that. It feels like 100 on the field. The Jets haven't experienced the humidity we have here I guarantee you that.

Ive lived in South Florida my whole life and trust me it IS brutal.

Check the Phins All-Time home record in Sept/Oct. Its always a factor. Ask Denver about the heat on opening day a few years ago...

Champ Bailey, Dominic Foxworth and Darrent Williams all left the game with cramps and attributed it to the heat and humidity.

LMFAO and someone comparing a game in Miami in December to a game in Miami in early September.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given sunday, thats why they play the games. You of all people should know that, when the undefeated patriots didnt reign when it counted the most. Tom Brady and clan was thinking why should we even play this game were gonna crush the giants , they have no chance vs us. Its gonna be a laugher superbowl. " I couldnt tell " Only commentator that didnt want to give pats the trophy by week 5 was Bob Costas. HE said something like this, pats havent won **** yet, so they aint ****. Chis Collinsworth replied they aint never gonna loose Patriots of 07 is the best team ever. Im pretty sure you heard these debates. There's a reason Costas has won soo many awards, The guy knows his **** "no pun intended"

Good points, Hardkore. I still don't think that it will be this huge game altering factor tho. I mean hell, Denver's altitude is pretty much a legend but if you have the better football team, guess what? You're going to beat em' no matter what weather.

And if it's such a big home field factor does that also mean that the Phins should lose to lesser teams in the snow and cold?

Good points, Hardkore. I still don't think that it will be this huge game altering factor tho. I mean hell, Denver's altitude is pretty much a legend but if you have the better football team, guess what? You're going to beat em' no matter what weather.

The Broncos went to the AFC Championship game that year, the Dolphins were 9-7. Denver was a far better team, heat had a lot to do with it.

And if it's such a big home field factor does that also mean that the Phins should lose to lesser teams in the snow and cold?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. We've historically struggled in cold weather and it's cost us playoff berths and better seeding many times. I thought we were somewhat famous for that.

Well Paul, I asked you to check our home record in Sept/Oct, if you check our Nov/Dec ROAD record you'd see the opposite end of the spectrum. We have one of the worst All-Time winning % in snow/cold games.

Exactly. Anyone who has seen this guy play DT can see he has everything to be an even better NT. Then add to that, that he has dominated in TC and all three pre-season games against 1st string o-linemen, you can kinda make a logical leap.

But hey, if I was a nervous Patriots fan, I would also cling to any argument that delays the inevitable truth as long as possible.

Jenkins hasnt done jack squat until he proves he can play NT in the regular season.

DT in a 4 - 3 and NT in a 3- 4 are 90 degrees apart. You can make the assumption that Jenkins will master his new position if you choose. But, I will wait until he proves himself on the playing field. Lots of big guys are a perfect for the NT position, but there are so few in the NFL that can play it day in and day out.

Nervous??? Pleeeeaaase.

I said it before and I will say it again. Brett Farve is on the downside of his career and his best playing days are history. He was a great QB. His reckless "throw it up for grabs" playing style will win some games, but also lose some games. Hes already thrown 2 Ints in post season play ending his teams season. I guarantee Jet fans will be cursing Farve before the season is finished. His Good Ole Boy antics may have flown in the sticks of GB, but it wont pass in the big Apple.

Giants gameplan? It is simple. The Eagles and Ravens already proved it before the SB. The Jets in the second meeting as well. Of course, that was simply because of the weather. Nothing the Jets did.

To slow down the Patriots, it is much better to pressure Brady then to have extra pass coverage. You can have 8 guys in coverage, if Brady has all of the time in the world to pass, he will kill you. When he is pressured, he is much less effective. It is worth the chance of being exposed in the secondary and giving up a TD or 2 versus giving him all of the time he needs and watchign him put 40 on the board.

This is not rocket science. Some NFL HCs just take a little longer to get it. They will this year.

Boy, you sure dont get it.

Again, BB changed the offense in 2007 to a more wide open Rams style attack. My money says he will change the NE offense this season as well. Why would he keep things staus quo when he knows every DC will copy the Giants? He wont.

Get it??

We're better off at end this year than we were last year. Kendal Langford (our 3rd round pick) starts at left end while 2nd round pick Phillip Merling is the 3rd end on the depth chart. Taylor was useless against the run and, for the most part, non-existant last year as a pass rusher. We're better at that spot.

Channing Crowder will assume Zach's role in the middle as the play caller/main tackler. That's a downgrade but with Zach's health, it was a move that had to be made.

Nice spin. :roll:

:rl: YOU certainly have NOTHING to be laughing at. :Nuts:

Nice spin. :roll:

Are you just the resident clown that is here to make everyone feel unwelcome? The guy that never has anything of any substance to say and just watches ESPN and listens to what Mike Golic says?

It's not a spin. Did you watch the opening game tonight? The Giants ran at Taylor all night long and he had no answer. He was also non-existant as a pass rusher. That's how he played 95% of the time last year, he was by no means a star end in 2007 nor will he be in 2008.

The last time the Jets played in Miami, they won 40-13. Not sure how hot it was in early December, but the sun was out, and the Jets were playing in those dark (and ugly) Titans throwbacks.

Remember, both teams were terrible back then. Both have also improved--but who had the better offseason? The answer will come Sunday.

Here's a reminder of how that game went last season, by the way.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29375&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG13&override=true

Sage advice T. You should educate your friends. :lol:

To be quite honest, I dont pay that much attention to someone who actually believes the Pats are in transition mode. Some sort of rebuilding season. :lol: That crowd has already thrown the towel in.

You know how negative and bitter those New England Yankees are?

Anyhow, regarding this Miami must win. Look, if the JETS dont win down there this week, they face NE, SD and AZ. Right this minute, I would give the JETS a 50 - 50 shot to beat NE. Hitting the road to play SD is going to be a beeech. AZ in NJ should be a W etched in stone.

So, if the JETS go into the bye week 1 - 3 with 25% of the season complete, the NY media will have a field day second guessing all the off season moves. I cant imagine the fanbase too happy as well.

To be quite honest, I dont pay that much attention to someone who actually believes the Pats are in transition mode. Some sort of rebuilding season. :lol: That crowd has already thrown the towel in.

Anyhow, regarding this Miami must win. Look, if the JETS dont win down there this week, they face NE, SD and AZ. Right this minute, I would give the JETS a 50 - 50 shot to beat NE. Hitting the road to play SD is going to be a beeech. AZ in NJ should be a W etched in stone.

So, if the JETS go into the bye week 1 - 3 with 25% of the season complete, the NY media will have a field day second guessing all the off season moves. I cant imagine the fanbase too happy as well.

You're being way to kind. The Jets have a about a 5-95 chance of beating New England and I wouldn't even call that Arizona game a 50-50 shot.

A few years back, the Pats released Lawyer Milloy, who signed with the Bills. The Pats were heavy favorites, and went on to lose 31-0. They then reeled off a SB win.

The Jets CAN lose this, although I don't think it will happen. I expect this to be a pretty easy game, although I think the Jets offense will not be hitting on all cylinders. I believe the Jet D will absolutely stifle the Fins though, I am actually expecting a shutout, possibly a late meaningless TD at the end when it doesn't matter.

With Favre, you can expect a TD or 2 on big plays. That is all the offense needed. Chad will do nothing with any INT anyway. This is an easy game.

Miami should be taken care of with a 7-14pt victory while New England & San Diego will be tough battles, San Diego does have a unheathly Merriman and the Jets havn't struggled with the Chargers at all in recent years when they've had very good teams. As for Arizona, ha, that should be an easy home W.

Archived