Vince Young out 2-4 weeks with torn MCL

i think you need some life lessons

How so?

I feel sorry for Tom but I feel no sorrow for Vince Young. He's a classless piece of garbage. At least Brady has class. I have no respect for turds such as Vince Young. I'm not cheering on his injury, just pointing out the facts that it will limit his game.

Why's he so classless? What did he do that I didn't hear about?

I have no respect for people who believe they're better than what they are. None. Vince Young believes he is better than he is to the fullest extent. The guy is also the most over-rated thing I've seen in the NFL for years. Maybe this will knock some common sense in to him.

YOU CAN'T WIN IN THE NFL WITH YOUR LEGS AT QB, VINCE.

I have no respect for people who believe they're better than what they are. None. Vince Young believes he is better than he is to the fullest extent. The guy is also the most over-rated thing I've seen in the NFL for years. Maybe this will knock some common sense in to him.

He's overrated, yes. But I can't fault the guy for being confident in himself, it's much better than putting yourself down. That doesn't make him 'classless' at all.

BEGINNING OF THE END FOR YOUNG?

Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2008, 10:41 p.m.

Though a partially torn MCL reportedly will keep Titans quarterback Vince Young off the field for the next two-to-four weeks, an incident that occurred not long before the injury could be the thing that truncates his career in Tennessee.

According to David Climer of the Tennesseean, Young apparently attempted to take himself out of the game after throwing an interception in the fourth quarter. Young supposedly tried to blame his reluctance to return on a tightening hamstring, even though he sought no treatment for it while the defense was on the field.

How so?

I feel sorry for Tom but I feel no sorrow for Vince Young. He's a classless piece of garbage. At least Brady has class. I have no respect for turds such as Vince Young. I'm not cheering on his injury, just pointing out the facts that it will limit his game.

What, do you have something against people who fail the Wonderlic Test? :confused:

Young's presence is important to Tennessee, and him going down only hurts their chances at a repeat playoff appearance.

Part of the reason most of these guys are where they're at is their extreme belief in themselves and their ability. You gotta have a better reason then that to be happy somebody got hurt, but this is a fan base that cheered when our own QB who was the furthest thing from an ******* on or off the field, just couldn't physically do it went down then hobbled off the field to save us a T.O. so it isn't surprising. I'm not a Vince Young fan and I don't really know anything about him off the field, but just can't hope a guy gets hurt for being ****y otherwise I would want to see 90% of sports professional athletes laid up with some career ending injury.

I don't wish harm on people, but I have no problem being secretly excited when future opponents have their talented playmakers side-lined for a while. Young isn't in a Coma. Brady isn't paralyzed. Both discovered a harsh truth about the physicality of the game--one we Jets fans had to deal with in '05, and every season since.

I don't hate Young blindly as 124 might, but I do not think Young is very good at all at QB. In fact I think he flat out stinks. His injury, though sad, is a benefit to the Titans. They win with their great defense. If they get a QB who is even so much as competent then they are going to be a powerhouse. Young at least guaranteed incompetence at the QB position. Collins, though old and fairly incompetent himself, can at least manage a game and occasionally make a defense pay or its mistakes.

How is a torn MCL 2-4 weeks? No way, Tennessee. He's gone longer than that, most probably the year.

Yeah, I don't quite understand that reasoning either. I think he's going to be out the entire four weeks and if he does try to come back he's going to be kept in the pocket, not able to move around and that will kill his game. We havn't seen the worst of Vince Young yet if he comes back after 2-4 weeks with a torn MCL.

Yeah, I don't quite understand that reasoning either. I think he's going to be out the entire four weeks and if he does try to come back he's going to be kept in the pocket, not able to move around and that will kill his game. We havn't seen the worst of Vince Young yet if he comes back after 2-4 weeks with a torn MCL.

His whole game is mobility and improvisation. How is making him a pocket passer going to work? Answer: it won't. That's a cluster f**k waiting to happen.

you know what 124

Bradshaw sucked early in his career and was almost burned at stake in Pitt

VY is a great athlete..we shall see how he plays QB..he has no weapons around him

His whole game is mobility and improvisation. How is making him a pocket passer going to work? Answer: it won't. That's a cluster f**k waiting to happen.

I know this, but Jeff Fisher is a stubborn man. Its going to be AWESOME to see Young not able to move around. He'll have no love from anyone anymore. Its bad enough he was boo'd off his own field in the first game of the season yesterday. :rl:

I know this, but Jeff Fisher is a stubborn man. Its going to be AWESOME to see Young not able to move around. He'll have no love from anyone anymore. Its bad enough he was boo'd off his own field in the first game of the season yesterday. :rl:

I don't know your history with Young, 124. Why are you so down on him? I'm not a major fan either, but I think the guy--in the right format--could be a star.

I don't know your history with Young, 124. Why are you so down on him? I'm not a major fan either, but I think the guy--in the right format--could be a star.

Because he's all hype and he's been over-rated to the max by not only posters on this site but media types like ESPN for the past three years. Just because the guy has a standout game IN COLLEGE against USC doesn't mean he's the next Joe Montana. Personally, I will never care for a guy who does more with his legs than with his arm because I have yet to see an NFL Quarterback be successful and win a SUPER BOWL (and that is all that matters) that did more with his legs than his arms.

These guys like Young, Michael Vick and others before them are amazing athletes but their accuracy is not as good, they throw interceptions like they're going out of style (mostly in crucial spots) and they're just not that good. They sell tickets and they sell jerseys but if you're in a big game, like say the NFC or AFC Championship Game, they're going to fold like lawn chairs. They are not true NFL Quarterbacks, they cannot and will not win in this league.

For christ sakes, Vince Young makes the Pro Bowl in his rookie year (after 5 QB's dropped out) and fans think he's Jesus. The guy throws more INT's than he does Touchdowns. I don't care if his team wins, it has NOTHING to do with his arm. He may scramble a few times but mostly the Titans win games because of three things:

1. Hanysworth & the D

2. The Running Game (mostly the backs)

3. Rob Bironas

Because he's all hype and he's been over-rated to the max by not only posters on this site but media types like ESPN for the past three years. Just because the guy has a standout game IN COLLEGE against USC doesn't mean he's the next Joe Montana. Personally, I will never care for a guy who does more with his legs than with his arm because I have yet to see an NFL Quarterback be successful and win a SUPER BOWL (and that is all that matters) that did more with his legs than his arms.

These guys like Young, Michael Vick and others before them are amazing athletes but their accuracy is not as good, they throw interceptions like they're going out of style (mostly in crucial spots) and they're just not that good. They sell tickets and they sell jerseys but if you're in a big game, like say the NFC or AFC Championship Game, they're going to fold like lawn chairs. They are not true NFL Quarterbacks, they cannot and will not win in this league.

For christ sakes, Vince Young makes the Pro Bowl in his rookie year (after 5 QB's dropped out) and fans think he's Jesus. The guy throws more INT's than he does Touchdowns. I don't care if his team wins, it has NOTHING to do with his arm. He may scramble a few times but mostly the Titans win games because of three things:

1. Hanysworth & the D

2. The Running Game (mostly the backs)

3. Rob Bironas

Thanks for the insight. Although it's necessary at times, I don't think scrambling QBs work in the NFL, at least not for very long. They take too much of a beating and get hurt frequently. You must be able to make all the throws and do this accurately.

Archived