johan santana is the farging MAN!!!!!

neckdemon

that guy was worth every damn penny he got paid.
Certainly Santana is more valuable than Melky Cabrera, Phil Hughes or Ian Kennedy and a box of warmed over AA hacks. Pretty much can point to that decision as when it went bad in the Bronx in 2008. A performance like today is what you need from your ace.

His was never questioned. The rest of the lineup..............

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, but in New York sports talk radio, media, fans, Santana got a lot of heat after one of the Philly games where he came out after the 8th and unfortunately the bullpen was up to their tricks and gave up a 3 run lead and the Mets went on to lose that game 8-5.

Certainly Santana is more valuable than Melky Cabrera, Phil Hughes or Ian Kennedy and a box of warmed over AA hacks. Pretty much can point to that decision as when it went bad in the Bronx in 2008. A performance like today is what you need from your ace.

Painful to see ain't it

BUT

Weren't you on the "lets keep the kids" crusade

Can't have it both ways

If you told me today....we got rid of the kids (including Joba) for Tex and Johan, I'd take it

And you'd be still be cying a song

I wish, lol

I trust Ollie, though. But unfortunately, the bullpen isn't our only concern. The offense has just 3 runs in the last 2 games. I'm more afraid that Olson will put up a shutout than the pen blowing another late lead.

The Marlins have some good young pitchers again. Nolasco is 25, Volstad is 22, Olsen is 24, Josh Johnson is also 24, and Andrew Miller is 23. The scary thing is, their ERA's are really good for players their age.

Nolasco: 3.52

Volstad: 2.88

Johnson: 3.61

Olsen: 4.23

Miller: 5.87

The Marlins will be scary again soon, and I think they may be a team to watch next year. Good chance they could be a playoff team next year. Here is the 2003 Marlins' pitchers:

Beckett: 3.04

Willis: 3.30

Redman: 3.59

Penny: 4.13

Pavano: 4.30

To bad the people in Florida don't care, because the people in charge down there sure know how to make things work.

The Marlins have some good young pitchers again. Nolasco is 25, Volstad is 22, Olsen is 24, Josh Johnson is also 24, and Andrew Miller is 23. The scary thing is, their ERA's are really good for players their age.

Nolasco: 3.52

Volstad: 2.88

Johnson: 3.61

Olsen: 4.23

Miller: 5.87

The Marlins will be scary again soon, and I think they may be a team to watch next year. Good chance they could be a playoff team next year. Here is the 2003 Marlins' pitchers:

Beckett: 3.04

Willis: 3.30

Redman: 3.59

Penny: 4.13

Pavano: 4.30

To bad the people in Florida don't care, because the people in charge down there sure know how to make things work.

the marlins have a fire sale every few years and stock up on young talent. thing is they almost never pay their players to stay when the time comes.

Painful to see ain't it

BUT

Weren't you on the "lets keep the kids" crusade

Can't have it both ways

If you told me today....we got rid of the kids (including Joba) for Tex and Johan, I'd take it

And you'd be still be cying a song

Guilty, and wrong.

So here comes Sabbathia, Burnett and/or Sheets. And there isn't much arguement against it.If I never see Ian Kennedy again it will be too soon.

Archived