Met's "last" game at Shea

Jet Moses

It's an F'ing shame that on order to win a game you need a f'in shutout from your pitcher. 4 f'in hits. Like LBS said.....c*ckteasers.

They just weren't good enough to overcome a lousy bullpen.

If Scott Schoenweis is on this team next year, I will personally go there and throttle that decision maker. He's not the only reason we lost today, but I knew they were dead when he came in.

I feel sorry for Johan Santana, who appears to be the only one with any heart on this team.

And this from a die-hard Mets fan.

I heard Lee Mazilli after the game and he's like "Well who or what is the problem?"

You look at the starting lineup and you can't believe they can't score runs. And you can't lay it all on the bullpen because even after losing Wagner for the year they still pitched alot of scoreless innings where the offense scored zilch.

It's frustrating. I'm not sure if you just blow it all up, but what else can you do at this point?

I can't even stay mad at Schoenweis because the bottom line, even if he doesn't give up the 8th inning homer, the Marlins still win because it was 2-0 in the 8th and the Mets couldn't score any runs.

Oh well. That's that.

sad ending to a sad season.

obviously the mets have talented players, but for some reason they cant get the job done when it counts.

they went 3-5 over their last 8. not good enough.

they scored 5 runs in final 3 games. not good enough.

this team as constructed isnt good enough.

89 wins isnt good enough.

Luckily for Mets fans, we get to see most of this team again in '09. Maybe the 3rd times the charm.

sad ending to a sad season.

obviously the mets have talented players, but for some reason they cant get the job done when it counts.

they went 3-5 over their last 8. not good enough.

they scored 5 runs in final 3 games. not good enough.

this team as constructed isnt good enough.

89 wins isnt good enough.

Luckily for Mets fans, we get to see most of this team again in '09. Maybe the 3rd times the charm.

That sentence says in all, in a MUST WIN series.

The Yankees proved that in the 80's , and now in the 2000's.

It is true. In '96 the Yankees were #1 in payroll but the #2 team was not far behind. They money helps you stay competitive but outside of the Marlins the one year I can't think of anyone that was able to put together a fantasy team and win it all.

Archived