Was CC Worth it?

uart

I know he's rubber-armed. But like David Wells, Sabbathia being that out of shape is disgraceful, and recall Wells' taking a powder in 2003 probably cost the Yanks a World Series.Yes, Sabbathia was a bull in September, but he was out of gas in the playoffs.

Every time I saw AJ Burnett and Oliver Perez, they were lights out and they take the ball every 5th day. I know Perze has been erratic and Burnett until this year had an injury history(which is whta makes Ben Sheets a nonstarter).If the Yanks are going to sign a big ticket starter or 2, the least they could expect is said pitchers be in shape.

Now I expect to eat these words sometime between now and spring training.

I know he's rubber-armed. But like David Wells, Sabbathia being that out of shape is disgraceful, and recall Wells' taking a powder in 2003 probably cost the Yanks a World Series.Yes, Sabbathia was a bull in September, but he was out of gas in the playoffs.

Every time I saw AJ Burnett and Oliver Perez, they were lights out and they take the ball every 5th day. I know Perze has been erratic and Burnett until this year had an injury history(which is whta makes Ben Sheets a nonstarter).If the Yanks are going to sign a big ticket starter or 2, the least they could expect is said pitchers be in shape.

Now I expect to eat these words sometime between now and spring training.

I dont understand the Wells comp. Wells for as fat as he was, didnt break down until he was in his late 30's.

Sabathia is 28. Not 38. If he lasts as long as Wells did, give him a blank check!

I dont understand the Wells comp. Wells for as fat as he was, didnt break down until he was in his late 30's.

Sabathia is 28. Not 38. If he lasts as long as Wells did, give him a blank check!

The Brewers rode him all the way through September pitching on 3 days rest. And it caught up to him in his playoff start. I don't know if they way they used him is to blame, or his lack of conditioning. But either way, if you're gonna write him $15-20 million checks per years over the next several years, he should make a serious committment to conditioning. Wells was a freak, but an exception. That's not the model anyone should follow long-term.

Check their attendance. Check the revenues they receive from the Playoffs.

They made out huge financially from the Sabathia trade.

Bingo. Getting into the playoffs is only going to generate more excitement for next year. More excitement=more attendance and more attendance= more $$$.

Archived