80 years ago

Blackout

nah... lousy pitching did. Game was already tied when Buckner missed the ball.

But he should never had been out there/.... John McNamara sucked.

Most people tend to forget or not even know that the score was tied at that point. There was a good chance that Mookie would have beaten that play anyway.

I still remember Vin Scully yelling , "here comes Knight and the Mets win it !!". It amazes me that Mets team didn't win more than one championship. They had a solid pitching staff , and good table setters.

Good 'ol Dee-rugz got to em. Those guys knew how to party. I blame Hernandez.

Good 'ol Dee-rugz got to em. Those guys knew how to party. I blame Hernandez.

Cashen deserves blame too. More than Hernandez, as I believe Hernandez to be clean after the Pitt trial.

Cashen decided to get rid of Mitchell and put all his stock in Greg Jeffries. That was the beginning of the downfall.

Cashen wanted "good' guys on his team, and wanted to get rid of anyone who caused waves.

Cashen deserves blame too. More than Hernandez, as I believe Hernandez to be clean after the Pitt trial.

Cashen decided to get rid of Mitchell and put all his stock in Greg Jeffries. That was the beginning of the downfall.

Cashen wanted "good' guys on his team, and wanted to get rid of anyone who caused waves.

I hated Cashen for one thing. The day he let Darryl walk to the Dodgers, that was one of the worst days as a Met fan. The pretty much was the end of that team, and was followed by the Bobby "I'll show you the Bronx" Bonilla and Vince Coleman years.

I hated Cashen for one thing. The day he let Darryl walk to the Dodgers, that was one of the worst days as a Met fan. The pretty much was the end of that team, and was followed by the Bobby "I'll show you the Bronx" Bonilla and Vince Coleman years.

It all ultimately fell apart with trading Dykstra and McDowell for Juan Samuel. That was teh final, final straw and led towards the stupid Bonilla signing.

Dumb moves followed by panic.

Give Cashen credit for building it, but he deserves blame for thinking it was indestructible.

It all ultimately fell apart with trading Dykstra and McDowell for Juan Samuel. That was teh final, final straw and led towards the stupid Bonilla signing.

Dumb moves followed by panic.

Give Cashen credit for building it, but he deserves blame for thinking it was indestructible.

Juan Samuel is probably my most hated met of all time.

Bad enough we traded my favorite met for him, but he was god awful.

and was a very lazy player too....

Archived