Missed Opportunity ... Story of our lives

Green Jets & Ham

This team was gaining ground on NE and we entered the off season with a legit chance to topple them with some smart moves

Just a few upgrades and we would have been in a position to drop the hammer on NE ... and make a legit run at the SB

I knew we would lose fergy ... been talkin about that for months ... but I also knew and talked about being even better on the D-Line if we could replace fergy with Pat Williams

Sad part is we had a chance to do exactly that ... fergy had one foot out the door and we were in a position to pounce on Williams ... Williams even went for a reasonable price for a player of his caliber, and would actually have cost less {or the same} as what we were prepared to spend on fergy ... but alas we spit the bit

I knew we would lose K-Mac as we all did, but I also knew that we should be able to replace him via free agency with Stocker MocDougle or some reasonably priced OT without any dropoff ... we'll see?

I was hoping we could sign Abe and tag Jordan, like so many teams that had two FA's they really wanted to keep had done, but alas that was not meant to be either ... so we lost Jordan and replaced him with Blaylock ... nice player, no doubt, but he's not Lamont Jordan so this was a downgrade as well

We were also hoping for Mason or a nice #1 WR to add to our current core, without subtracting Santana Moss ... but it seems we are still jerkin around with Coles and there will be no FA addition in this area either ... we'll see?

And then of course we all were hoping for one of these CB's if possible ... there was a group of four or five of these guys who were really worth signing, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen either

And now we actually have more holes to fill then we did on the day the season ended ... in reality, we are not even as good as we were on the seasons last day, not even close ... so instead of putting ourselves in a position to overtake NE we have done the opposite, we have actually taken a significant step backwards

SAD, BUT TRUE ... and you all know that it is

We did?

Curtis is here, and will start

Derrick will be a nice addition.....and who is to say not better

Ever spent an entire season watching him.....he was in the same situation as Lamont;....behind a all pro in Preist

Curtis is here, and will start

Derrick will be a nice addition.....and who is to say not better

Ever spent an entire season watching him.....he was in the same situation as Lamont;....behind a all pro in Preist

(As we speak, GOB is lowered from the alien craft back onto thre ground)

Just saw that we signed Blaylock.....sorry about that

Cannot press the panic button yet...I am more willing to see what happens in the next couple of weeks and in the draft. Moss can still be traded so can J Abe. Even if Moss goes for Coles that is an upgrade at wr which is needed. I think Dinger will help the offense a ton with the current personnel and I would love to see Pollard join. It is only the first week...take it easy. But I will say the whole at DT is starting to concern me

This team was gaining ground on NE and we entered the off season with a legit chance to topple them with some smart moves

Just a few upgrades and we would have been in a position to drop the hammer on NE ... and make a legit run at the SB

I knew we would lose fergy ... been talkin about that for months ... but I also knew and talked about being even better on the D-Line if we could replace fergy with Pat Williams

Sad part is we had a chance to do exactly that ... fergy had one foot out the door and we were in a position to pounce on Williams ... Williams even went for a reasonable price for a player of his caliber, and would actually have cost less {or the same} as what we were prepared to spend on fergy ... but alas we spit the bit

I knew we would lose K-Mac as we all did, but I also knew that we should be able to replace him via free agency with Stocker MocDougle or some reasonably priced OT without any dropoff ... we'll see?

I was hoping we could sign Abe and tag Jordan, like so many teams that had two FA's they really wanted to keep had done, but alas that was not meant to be either ... so we lost Jordan and replaced him with Blaylock ... nice player, no doubt, but he's not Lamont Jordan so this was a downgrade as well

We were also hoping for Mason or a nice #1 WR to add to our current core, without subtracting Santana Moss ... but it seems we are still jerkin around with Coles and there will be no FA addition in this area either ... we'll see?

And then of course we all were hoping for one of these CB's if possible ... there was a group of four or five of these guys who were really worth signing, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen either

And now we actually have more holes to fill then we did on the day the season ended ... in reality, we are not even as good as we were on the seasons last day, not even close ... so instead of putting ourselves in a position to overtake NE we have done the opposite, we have actually taken a significant step backwards

SAD, BUT TRUE ... and you all know that it is

jumpin to conclusions Ham???

we just freed up a chunk of money almost 6 mill

think that may be for a reason??

we'll see some big news real soon, I think based on their attempt to throw the world at Bailey last year and winfield as well that its SMOOT time

I posted a topic at JI about Bradway rebounding from a terrible season last year, after he signed Heimerdinger. I called him a genius.

When free agency opened and teams dove in, I felt my hands get sweaty after losing Jason and Lamont, but when word came out that Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings were close to signing, I relaxed a bit.

Jennings was severely overpaid, and I pretty much knew Jason would bolt. What did upset me was not getting Pat Williams. This is the man that I felt would have brought our D to a Championship level. A mountain man. The man clogs toilets and the trenches.

I was about to go into panic mode yesterday, until I saw that Terry signed Blaylock. I really like this guy, and I think he'll help us out big time.

I'll reserve judgement of Bradway until August, when the final product gets ready for the season. Keep in mind that Terry likes to shop in June, after the frenzy has died down. Teams will cut players to spread out the cap hit over two seasons, so expect valued vets like Lance Shulters to be cut then.

Terry has kept the core of our team together and also keep in mind that the league might go to a cap free year next season.

Terry's not done yet. I hope....

I posted a topic at JI about Bradway rebounding from a terrible season last year, after he signed Heimerdinger. I called him a genius.

When free agency opened and teams dove in, I felt my hands get sweaty after losing Jason and Lamont, but when word came out that Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings were close to signing, I relaxed a bit.

Jennings was severely overpaid, and I pretty much knew Jason would bolt. What did upset me was not getting Pat Williams. This is the man that I felt would have brought our D to a Championship level. A mountain man. The man clogs toilets and the trenches.

I was about to go into panic mode yesterday, until I saw that Terry signed Blaylock. I really like this guy, and I think he'll help us out big time.

I'll reserve judgement of Bradway until August, when the final product gets ready for the season. Keep in mind that Terry likes to shop in June, after the frenzy has died down. Teams will cut players to spread out the cap hit over two seasons, so expect valued vets like Lance Shulters to be cut then.

Terry has kept the core of our team together and also keep in mind that the league might go to a cap free year next season.

GREAT POST MIAMIJET

... the biggest acquisition last year was donnie henderson ... the donger, er, dinger appears to be the same for the other side of the ball this season ...

... he is starting from the top & working his way down ... i like it ...

... no-one wants to lose players ...but that is the reality of the NFL era with the salary cap ... he is making sound decisions ... i'm sure he's getting dingers advice as far as wr, te, ol & was getting it for b/u rb...

... let's see how everything pans out once the dust settles...

l_j_r

I can't blame Ham for being concerned. Bradway has had one good off-season out of 4. The question I've been asking since is, was it an aberration or was it an exception? So far, it looks like an exception. Bradway better have some fancy cards up his sleeve, or else this team is doomed, fellas. No way we can make up for our losses so far with Adrian Jones and some draft picks. No WAY.

We need to remember our big FA's were done prior to this average at best Free Agency period personel wise.

Abe-Ellis-Pennington.

You don't Franchise Tag your back-up RB.

Was Abe worth a long term deal until he gives us a 16 game season? Tagging him was the correct decision.

Excellent post. As i stated many times i, too, root for a team that is not very active in FA. The core of your team is still intact and who knows what riches the draft and June 1 bring. I understand how frustrated Ham is as well. I'm in the same damn boat, but i've learned over the years to trust in their ability to draft and get the most out of who they get.

Archived