good job Bama

Blackout

I am sorry, but Bama does not stink. They are better then Oklahoma, and Texas, and like I've said earlier, it's not even close. Even when the SEC has a down year, they're still the best conference in college football.

Aside from Florida and Alabama, the SEC is weak compared to Big 12. Big 12 is a deeper and overall better conference.

2 teams do not make up a conference

Aside from Florida and Alabama, the SEC is weak compared to Big 12. Big 12 is a deeper and overall better conference.

2 teams do not make up a conference

Those 2 SEC teams are better then anything from the Big 12 has to offer, and it'll be proven when Florida beats the holy hell out of the Sooners.

u didnt say 2 teams, u said conference,,different comparison...scott was speaking to your CONFERENCE statement..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc08.htm

According to the AP25, before the game Bama, and Florida were the two best teams. Wow the conference must really suck if that conference owns #1, and #2 teams in the nation.

Not to mention after Florida beats the crap out of Oklahoma, a third straight SEC champ will arrive.

By the way, the Sagarian poll is a load of crap. That poll has a bias toward that crappy conference that Oklahoma plays in, and they also think the ACC is good, which is laughable... lol

I honestly think it'll be hilarious when Florida destroys them.

According to the AP25, before the game Bama, and Florida were the two best teams. Wow the conference must really suck if that conference owns #1, and #2 teams in the nation.

This really isn't hard for someone who can follow logic-two teams can be the very best in all of football, but their conference can still lag behind others in terms of OVERALL strength.

TOP TO BOTTOM the Big 12 is more balanced and is a stronger conference.

Why you fail to grasp this simple idea, is beyond me.

This really isn't hard for someone who can follow logic-two teams can be the very best in all of football, but their conference can still lag behind others in terms of OVERALL strength.

TOP TO BOTTOM the Big 12 is more balanced and is a stronger conference.

Why you fail to grasp this simple idea, is beyond me.

Soon to be 3 straight champions from the South Eastern Conference. Oh yeah, that conference is trash.

I've said the conference was down this year, but the conference still owns the two best teams in the nation, and not one team from the Big 12 can beat Florida, nor Bama.

Soon to be 3 straight champions from the South Eastern Conference. Oh yeah, that conference is trash.

I've said the conference was down this year, but the conference still owns the two best teams in the nation, and not one team from the Big 12 can beat Florida, nor Bama.

again...

scott said conference and like a lost puppy u keep talking about 1 or 2 teams,,

u really r digging your hole deeper on the dunce-o-meter

I am sorry, but Bama does not stink. They are better then Oklahoma, and Texas, and like I've said earlier, it's not even close. Even when the SEC has a down year, they're still the best conference in college football.

Never mind Black Out. He's just being a jerkoff like usual with meaningless garbage.

I've gotta agree with you , the SEC IS the strongest conference. The BIG 12 always seems to get beat by SEC teams come bowl time. We'll see in the next few weeks.

I've gotta agree with you , the SEC IS the strongest conference. The BIG 12 always seems to get beat by SEC teams come bowl time. We'll see in the next few weeks.

its like talkin to a wall,,all agree flor alabama two of best there is ,,but conferences have 12 teams,,2 teams do not make aconf..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc08.htm

Conference Power Rankings: Week 14

jonathan-dwyer-swp.jpg

GaTech's win over Georgia helped push the ACC past the SEC.

The SEC championship game will dwarf its ACC counterpart this weekend in hype and quality, and rightly so. Florida and Alabama are two of the best teams in the country, and the Georgia Dome will be ready to explode at kickoff. When No. 18 BC takes on unranked Virginia Tech in Tampa, however, there will be plenty of empty seats.

But I'm here to inform you a championship game does not a conference make, and for the final pre-bowl Conference Power Rankings, the ACC has passed the SEC for No. 2 on the conference food chain.

How? Check the numbers. The ACC went 6-4 against the SEC this year (0-3 against Florida and Alabama, 6-1 against everyone else). The ACC went 15-9 against non-conference BCS opponents, the SEC went 6-9. The ACC has 10 bowl eligible teams. The SEC has eight. Vanderbilt went 4-4 in the SEC and 0-2 vs. the ACC. Wake Forest went 4-4 in the ACC and 2-0 vs. the SEC.

Florida and Alabama are clearly the best teams in either conference, but when you starting going down the line after that, the pendelum swings toward the ACC. Georgia Tech and Georgia are the best teams not playing in either title game, and we know who won that one. Next up is Ole Miss and possibly Wake Forest. The Deacons beat the Rebels. A notch below that? How about South Carolina and Clemson? ACC wins head-to-head again.

There's simply more evidence than the glamour of the SEC can overcome. I love the passion, the

excitement and the whole over-the-top fervor of the SEC. But when it comes to the play between the lines, the SEC is the third best conference right now.

NOTE: The BCS+ notation reflects BCS conference teams, plus other teams ranked in the current AP Top 25.

1. Big 12 (38-10 vs. non-conference opponents, 8-8 vs. BCS+)

The Good: Three of the best teams in the country, plus a legit Oklahoma State team that should scare the bejeebas out of whoever draws it in a bowl game.

The Bad: Only seven bowl eligible teams despite the second easiest non-conference schedule among BCS conferences.

The Verdict: The league is top heavy, but Missouri is no slouch, and Kansas showed some serious moxie winning in Kansas City. It's not a runaway, but this league is tops in the nation.

2. ACC (37-11, 15-9)

The Good: As mentioned above, 10 bowl eligible teams, a stellar BCS+ record and remarkable depth (last-place Duke owns two BCS non-conference wins).

The Bad: No. 15 Georgia Tech is the top ranked team in the league, and it didn't even qualify for the ACC title game.

The Verdict: It is close, but the ACC holds the lead over the SEC heading into bowl season with Music City and Chick-fil-A matchups still to come.

3. SEC (37-11, 6-9)

The Good: Florida should be favored to win the national championship, and Alabama is currently ranked No. 1 in the nation. It doesn't get much better than that.

The Bad: Two coaches have been fired/resigned, a third's seat is getting warm (see: Auburn) and a New Year's Day bowl with SEC ties will have to invite a 7-5 team. Yuck.

The Verdict: When you have the fewest BCS games of any major conference, you need to make the most of them, and the SEC certainly did not. A big bowl season could salvage a down year for the conference.

4. Big Ten (32-12, 6-9)

The Good: Four ranked teams, two of whom could earn BCS berths if things fall right for Ohio State.

The Bad: Poor BCS+ mark, four losses to the MAC and a 1-2 record vs. Notre Dame.

The Verdict: The Big Ten's Big Three and the Mountain West's Big Three are very comparable, but the Big Ten has the edge in the rest of the conference.

5. Mountain West (25-11, 9-5)

The Good: Utah returns to another BCS bowl, and BYU and TCU were two of the stronger teams in the nation, which helped the conference to the best BCS+ mark.

The Bad: Six 'bad' losses, which is the most of any conference, plus one-third of the league is

looking for a new coach.

The Verdict: The MWC owned the Pac-10 (6-1) and enjoyed its best season in history.

6. Pac-10 (14-16, 6-13)

The Good: All-powerful USC has a slight chance at the national title and will again end up in the Top 5.

The Bad: Washington and Washington State (2-22) are a good place to start, but there really isn't good news anywhere else. Oregon State blew a chance for the Rose Bowl by giving up 693 yards and two defensive touchdowns, which sent the Beavers to their fourth loss.

The Verdict: Outside of USC, who was really pleased with this season? The Pac-10 likes a challenging schedule, but a 14-16 non-conference record is hard to believe.

7. Big East (28-12, 9-7)

The Good: Matchups with Notre Dame, a winning BCS record and Cincinnati's emergence (the Bearcats will be a sneaky tough BCS bowl opponent).

The Bad: Five 'bad' losses and so-called new 'powers' West Virginia, Louisville and Rutgers are all unranked.

The Verdict: The league certainly has potential, but if Brian Kelly leaves Cincinnati, it will mark

the third straight year the league champ lost its coach, which is never a good sign.

Morris: Little comparison between ACC, SEC

I plead guilty. I jumped to the early conclusion that Atlantic Coast Conference football stunk to high heaven this season. As it turns out, that smell was coming from the Southeastern Conference.

By season

everyone knows bama had a easy sched this year, especially in a doen year for SEC,,not thie rfault,,u play who is onm schedule,,i feel bama would have been a 1 or 2 loss team this year regradless of schedule

Who know Georgia and Tenn would both have big time down years. Look at Clemson :rl: . They were what 8th ranked when Bama smashed them in the season opener? You never know what you got till you open the box.

everyone knows bama had a easy sched this year, especially in a doen year for SEC,,not thie rfault,,u play who is onm schedule,,i feel bama would have been a 1 or 2 loss team this year regradless of schedule

you are high as a kite

At LSU

At GA

at Tenn

Clemson

Ole miss beat fla

you are high as a kite

At LSU

At GA

at Tenn

Clemson

Ole miss beat fla

what is it with u and rose colored glasses,,EVERYONE agrees bama had a easy schedule this year as opposed to other team,,wtf are u tryoin to argue,,the ywerentr in the 80s as far as SOS?????? SOS is a real fact,,wtf r u thinking arguing that?

you are high as a kite

At LSU

At GA

at Tenn

Clemson

Ole miss beat fla

what is it with u and rose colored glasses,,EVERYONE agrees bama had a easy schedule this year (56th) as opposed to other team,,wtf are u tryoin to argue,,the ywerentr in the 80s as far as SOS?????? SOS is a real fact,,wtf r u thinking arguing that?

Like I said, they would have done well vs a tuffer sched, BUT they did have one of lower SOS in nation thius year,,Big deal,, its a fact, why argue,,lord, whats with u lately?

SOS

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

Who know Georgia and Tenn would both have big time down years. Look at Clemson :rl: . They were what 8th ranked when Bama smashed them in the season opener? You never know what you got till you open the box.

thats right..thats why BCS scoring and sagarin are great,,they take into account over WHOLE season a team that was good or rated high once that falls on hard times,,

Clemson rated high ealry, plyus terrible early vs everyone, gthen get shot late and pummels a South Car team that was hot early but hit skids late,,

its lal about where u r at end, not in beginning,,,a win vs a top team ealry doesnt do much in saragin or bcs if that team falls on hard times later

what is it with u and rose colored glasses,,EVERYONE agrees bama had a easy schedule this year as opposed to other team,,wtf are u tryoin to argue,,the ywerentr in the 80s as far as SOS?????? SOS is a real fact,,wtf r u thinking arguing that?

You're so full of it SJ. :biggrin:Who TF is EVERYONE ? For the record, since I went to past issues of The Sporting News, ALABAMA played 4 of the top 9 teams in the preseason poll. #1 Georgia , #4 Oklahoma, #7 Clemson and #9 Florida. So much for your easy schedule BS.

You're so full of it SJ. :biggrin:Who TF is EVERYONE ? For the record, since I went to past issues of The Sporting News, ALABAMA played 4 of the top 9 teams in the preseason poll. #1 Georgia , #4 Oklahoma, #7 Clemson and #9 Florida. So much for your easy schedule BS.

wake up,,its not my BS einstein,,its the freakin official SOS rankings,,lord,,I gice up,,ya genius its my official data I boil in my basement,,

u really dont know preaseaon polls mean nuthin as far as SOS at end year?????seriously,m u dont know??? obviosuly teams thought of as high early, fall apart and SOS's change,,bama is 56,,so what,,its afact,,not BS

http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cfsend.htm

Archived