say goodbye to BAXTER- change goes to Browns!

spjets

Gary Baxter (CB) BAL 3/4/2005

Baxter re-signed with the Ravens on Thursday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Terms of the deal were not immediately known. Baxter has started 47 straight games for the Ravens, the longest streak of any defensive player on the team. He finished last season with 88 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles, and one interception.

No Problem ... there has to be some non-descript Corner out there we can steal ... you know, a Lance LeGree type of heist

Yea a no name guy who most think will be a JAG, kind of like that Barrett kid.

Ham are you actually upset that Gary Baxter was re-signed? Or just still pissed at Terry because of Randy Moss.

I didn't want Baxter anyway.

With Chris McCallister on the other side of him, Baxter has had plenty of opportunites to step up, but I've never seen him as anything above average. I'm glad he's off the market so sucker Bradway doesn't make him the highest paid corner in NFL history.

Baxter gets $10.5M bonus

By John Clayton, ESPN.com

John Clayton Archive

Cleveland may have lost the original Browns to Baltimore, but the new Browns got one back Friday.

Gary Baxter

Cornerback

Baltimore Ravens

2004 SEASON STATISTICS

Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int

88 73 15 2 2 1

They stole Ravens cornerback Gary Baxter, who almost re-signed with Baltimore on Wednesday. Baxter signed a six-year $30 million contract Friday night that included a $10.5 million signing bonus.

Baxter's signing with the Browns ended a weird week in which he planned to stay in Baltimore. Negotiations moved along well enough that Baxter was ready to sign the contract after his agent, David Dunn, agreed to terms.

Once Baxter looked at the contract, there was a problem. He thought he was getting an $11 million signing bonus. He saw $7 million on the sheet.

After that, Baxter started shopping his services and ended up going to Cleveland and getting a deal.

Baxter spent the past four seasons with the Ravens. He had 282 career tackles, three sacks and five interceptions.

He's a big cornerback who is also physical enough to play safety. He's 6-2, 204 pounds.

"Gary Baxter has very good size for his position, with tackling and coverage skills," Browns Head Coach Romeo Crennel said. "His tenacious play and extra effort is also impressive. Gary's experience on a dominant defense and the attitude he brings to the game will certainly enhance our efforts on the defensive side of the ball."

He was second round choice in 2001.

Browns pulled a fast one-Ham I am waiting for your response on Bradway with this one

I didn't want Baxter anyway.

With Chris McCallister on the other side of him, Baxter has had plenty of opportunites to step up, but I've never seen him as anything above average. I'm glad he's off the market so sucker Bradway doesn't make him the highest paid corner in NFL history.

Good point. Smoot and Law are going to get that $15 mil signing bonus, it looks like. The question is, do we give it to them?

Archived