Manny in the Bronx?

NIGHT STALKER

Max, when we won in the late 90's we never really had a strong defensive outfield. Even Bernie at his best had a weaker arm than Pennington.

Quoted for Truth. Bernie couldnt throw an old man in a hover round out at the plate from right behind 2nd base

I think that Manny will play at a "Dodger like" high level . The question , as usual ,is for how long and how much cancer will he bring to the team .

thats why he gets a dose of one year contracts

Manny kind of fixed by dogging it so Boston really had no choice but to deal him. My thoughts : "Be careful what you wish for" . :biggrin:

I'm not delusional about what we are getting. But i do know that he is also a clutch hitter. That is something this team has been lacking for a while. Nady was one of the few clutch hitters last year. I still say they should chance it.

Here's the most obvious and scary thing abotu this FA market-if Texiera signs with Boston, the pressure on the Yanks to sign Ramirez will get ramped up. And that would also mean dealing Matsui in addition to dumping Cabrera. The thought of an OF of Damon, Ramirez and Nady(the only guy who can filed his position in that deal) means you ahve to let Gardner ot Swisher(or Austin Jackson later in the season or Cameron?) cover center, Nady take RF and deal with Ramirez or Damon butchering LF and the other being the DH. Unless Damon or Matsui can field 1b, but that's a spot they will keep open for the coming day when either Jeter or A-rod can't handle the left side.

If we landed Manny Ramirez we would no longer have to worry about ARod coming up in clutch situation because Manny would take care of all of that before ARod got a chance to reach the plate. F Arod. Can we just dump him off to a Dominican Minor League team? He'd rather live there anyway apparently. F Arod. I want Manny, a real hitter. A real hitter. :yes:

Max, when we won in the late 90's we never really had a strong defensive outfield. Even Bernie at his best had a weaker arm than Pennington.

Bernie won the GG 4 straight seasons, 97-2000. I know occassionaly GG's are a popularity contest (Jeter-Palmiero for example, David Wright to a lesser degree) but four straight times means the player was likely upper echelon. O'neil was a very good RF. LF can be JAG that can catch a fly ball but provides offense. I forget who the Yankees used in LF during the late 90's....Knoblach and some others I believe.

Bernie won the GG 4 straight seasons, 97-2000. I know occassionaly GG's are a popularity contest (Jeter-Palmiero for example, David Wright to a lesser degree) but four straight times means the player was likely upper echelon. O'neil was a very good RF. LF can be JAG that can catch a fly ball but provides offense. I forget who the Yankees used in LF during the late 90's....Knoblach and some others I believe.

Knobby was moved out there in the 2000's. They had guys like Bellinger, Curtis and Spencer playing LF in the 90's.

Archived