Devito

lancemehl

I think technically he is?? I don't think they have a depth chart persay for the whole dline, but I know that he is the backup for Ellis and than Mosley I beleive is the backup for Coleman. I agree 100% on your liking for Devito, he plays with such a great motor and seems to have a nose for the QB. I am all for having him play on passing downs.

Hey

WE agree on something

I really like what DeVito brings...start him over Coleman

HOLY S#@T!!! lol

100% agreed, does he come in and play end? I thought it was DT, but yes, get him on the field, start him over coleman. This guy has a motor that doesn't stop and he's hungry!

but we also have to solve that Pouha thing. Honestly, I started to take mental notes, when he is in the other team rush for an avg of about 8/9 yards, basically past him.

Seriously, do you agree that Pouha in on running plays raises some major red flags as to the condition of Jenkins or, of course, the brilliance of the coaches?

For the $, should Jenkins play EVERY single ply that isn't 3rd and long?

Pouha is another one, along with Coleman, that I just don't see why they keep em around. How many years has this been for Pouha? He obviously isn't developing like they thought he would. Definetly give Devito more time.

I don't think "they" (meaning Mangini and Tannenbaum) had any assumptions about how he would develop, since "they" didn't draft him.

He provides solid depth on the DL and gets a good inside pass-rush on 3rd-and-longs. He doesn't have the bulk or strength to consistently hold two gaps at the point of attack, so if Jenkins goes out for any period of time, we're screwed, but he's a solid rotational player.

For the $, should Jenkins play EVERY single ply that isn't 3rd and long?

They knew he was a tubby guy with a stamina problem when they traded for him and redid his deal. He could play every down, but if you want him to be effective he'd better not.

I don't think "they" (meaning Mangini and Tannenbaum) had any assumptions about how he would develop, since "they" didn't draft him.

He provides solid depth on the DL and gets a good inside pass-rush on 3rd-and-longs. He doesn't have the bulk or strength to consistently hold two gaps at the point of attack, so if Jenkins goes out for any period of time, we're screwed, but he's a solid rotational player.

"They" didn't draft him, but the did sign him to a 3 year extension this offseason. I'm not sure why. I don't see what he brings to the table, but I guess there wasn't much available. If he can't 2 gap, Mosley certainly can't and I'd think they'd like somebody else that can try it on the team. Jenkins isn't exactly an iron man. Pouha and Thomas are two guys I never much cared for that they elected to keep around.

I agree

I don't know what all the Pouha hate is about. The guy isn't an All Pro, but he has been a very solid back up.

Actually over the last few weeks teams have been gaining 6-8 yards when Jenkins is in.

who KENYON Coleman AKA The Invisible Man? I think I've heard his name called once all year

He hasnt been getting sacks... but he also plays against the LT... he only has 5 less tackles than Ellis... he also has Bryan Thomas helping him out not Pace like Ellis does... Jenkins has less tackles than Coleman... but he is not expected to rack up tackles...

He hasnt been getting sacks... but he also plays against the LT... he only has 5 less tackles than Ellis... he also has Bryan Thomas helping him out not Pace like Ellis does... Jenkins has less tackles than Coleman... but he is not expected to rack up tackles...

let's face it bro after all the hype when we first got him in the final analysis he's JAG, who had he stayed in Dallas would see about 15 plays a game

let's face it bro after all the hype when we first got him in the final analysis he's JAG, who had he stayed in Dallas would see about 15 plays a game

Kenyon Coleman? You think he had hype? Have you been listening to every clip 128 posts? The only hype I remember about him coming over was that his contract was too big and he had to be better than Kimo.

Kenyon Coleman? You think he had hype? Have you been listening to every clip 128 posts? The only hype I remember about him coming over was that his contract was too big and he had to be better than Kimo.

Yup

He has been exactly what the JETS wanted out of him actually... A solid player/Tackler who has stayed healthy and in shape.

Archived