Just Curt being Curt

NIGHT STALKER

Posted by: Dave Heuschkel 02:33 PM ET 12.20 CNNSI

I once asked pitcher Curt Schilling whether he would ever consider working in the media when his baseball career was over. I thought he'd be great, given his strong opinions and his reputation as a know-it-all. He wasn't interested.

"No," Schilling replied, "because the only way you're great is to rip people."

Schilling then proceeded to rip his former teammate John Kruk, who has made the transition from player to a baseball analyst for ESPN.

"Kruk is such a fraud," Schilling said that day. "When we were in Philadelphia and I was doing an interview, he would yell across the room, 'Why are you talking to those [jerks].' Now he's one of those [jerks]."

So is Schilling. Recently, he cut a deal to be a regular contributor to WEEI.com and the Boston radio station's network.

In an on-air interview earlier this week, Schilling said he had "four physical run-ins" with Manny Ramirez during their years with Red Sox. Schilling wasn't provoked by Ramirez to reveal this about his former teammates. But that's just Curt being Curt, which is another way of saying Curt is a hypocrite. Say one thing, do another.

As a player, Schilling would scold reporters for criticizing Ramirez for not hustling or any other "Manny being Manny" moment. Now that his career appears to be over, Schilling has no problem taking his own shots at Ramirez.

Bigger than Hank ? Nah , not even close/

The sad thing is that you're so biased that you actually believe that. Hank is a loud mouth but, he is no where near the level of attention whore Curt is. Hank is AEC playing single A ball and Curt is the A-rod of attention whoring. You know: the best there is.

The sad thing is that you're so biased that you actually believe that. Hank is a loud mouth but, he is no where near the level of attention whore Curt is. Hank is AEC playing single A ball and Curt is the A-rod of attention whoring. You know: the best there is.

I would have to agree. That is a bad comparison. Hank is like the rookie coming off a great first year. He potentially could be the G.O.A.T. Howver, Curt is in the HofF of attention whores.

Curt Loves himself some Curt.

Schilling is one of the biggest hypocrites ever. He hates Dan Shaughnessy with every fiber of his being - and look what has happened. He's become Dan Shaughnessy. He loves Boston though - and enough of RSN kisses his arse that I fear he may be here for a long time.

Archived