Frightening - but possible?

PaJetFan

Could it be possible that the owner himself wanted a Brett Favre 'show' more than a winning team and pressured Mangini into utilizing a gameplan of more pass plays?!

It certainly could be a rational thought if selling the PSL's was Woody's main objective. This scenario really scares me because it best explains the HORRIBLE play calls where were throwing on third and shorts.

It also would explain placing all the blame on Mangini now and pushing for having Brett Favre to come back next year. Obviously, Favre wasn't effective at the end of the year.

Please tell me this is not a possibility. What do you guys think?

Could it be possible that the owner himself wanted a Brett Favre 'show' more than a winning team and pressured Mangini into utilizing a gameplan of more pass plays?!

It certainly could be a rational thought if selling the PSL's was Woody's main objective. This scenario really scares me because it best explains the HORRIBLE play calls where were throwing on third and shorts.

It also would explain placing all the blame on Mangini now and pushing for having Brett Favre to come back next year. Obviously, Favre wasn't effective at the end of the year.

I didn't like the way Mangini coached this team. I also don't like the idea of playing another year with over the hill Favre...at this point, I think the Wood man is interested more in money than winning...

I didn't like the way Mangini coached this team. I also don't like the idea of playing another year with over the hill Favre...at this point, I think the Wood man is interested more in money than winning...

Sadly, I agree 100%. I was not implying that Mangini was off the hook with his horrible coaching and horrible motivating...just that Woody being a huge Favre / $ lover could have compromised some of our coaching integrity.

I'm sure when Woody doled out tons of guaranteed money for Thomas Jones last season and Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, and Tony Richardson this season, not to mention Bill Callaghan as OLine coach, he did so with forcing Mangini and Schottenheimer to the throw the ball "all the time" in mind.

Then how do you explain Mangini's bad coaching job in 2007 when they went 4-12?

Mangini couldn't adjust and coached scared in 2007 as well. That was without Favre.

Mangini got fired because he was a bad coach over the last 5 games and squandered the millions Woody spent on new players. That's the sole reason.

Then how do you explain Mangini's bad coaching job in 2007 when they went 4-12?

Mangini couldn't adjust and coached scared in 2007 as well. That was without Favre.

Mangini got fired because he was a bad coach over the last 5 games and squandered the millions Woody spent on new players. That's the sole reason.

Lets face it, the money wasn't spent very wisely.

As much as you guys talked up Calvin Pace, he was invisible yesterday. Your Front Office tried to buy a Divsion/Super Bowl plain and simple.

Your GM, Tannebaum, should be fired along with Mangina.

Lets face it, the money wasn't spent very wisely.

As much as you guys talked up Calvin Pace, he was invisible yesterday. Your Front Office tried to buy a Divsion/Super Bowl plain and simple.

Your GM, Tannebaum, should be fired along with Mangina.

You're simply wrong. Calvin Pace was invisible yesterday because he was in coverage. I was at the game. Pace was covering receivers more than rushing the passer. That's what happens when Mangini doesn't wish to send more than 4 players.

Tannenbaum brought in 7 probowlers and 5 alternates, all who were voted in by the NFL coaches and players (not the fans since none led the fan voting). The Jets have talent. Mangini squandered it.

Enjoy your 1-and-done next week against the Ravens.

NO. Favre either got hurt or we simply could not adjust after teams started defending our short passing game after the Titans game.

Winning drives PSL sales much more than featuring Favre on a losing team.

You're simply wrong. Calvin Pace was invisible yesterday because he was in coverage. I was at the game. Pace was covering receivers more than rushing the passer. That's what happens when Mangini doesn't wish to send more than 4 players.

Tannenbaum brought in 7 probowlers and 5 alternates, all who were voted in by the NFL coaches and players (not the fans since none led the fan voting). The Jets have talent. Mangini squandered it.

Enjoy your 1-and-done next week against the Ravens.

The Jets had two worthy Pro Bowlers, Jenkins and Jones. So no, Im not wrong. Pace was/is overrated.

Enjoy your offseason ;)

The dolfidiots are not going to be 'eeking' out games like yesterday and previous weeks in the playoffs. That said, you don't know what you're talking about if you think the JETS don't have talent. It's obvious we have incredible talent... You're most glaring error was not mentioning Leon: Our best all around player and only gamebreaker. Why / how are people such idiots!!!??? Go ravens!

The dolfidiots are not going to be 'eeking' out games like yesterday and previous weeks in the playoffs. That said, you don't know what you're talking about if you think the JETS don't have talent. It's obvious we have incredible talent... You're most glaring error was not mentioning Leon: Our best all around player and only gamebreaker. Why / how are people such idiots!!!??? Go ravens!

What grade are you in?

The Jets had two worthy Pro Bowlers, Jenkins and Jones. So no, Im not wrong. Pace was/is overrated.

Enjoy your offseason ;)

Uhm, no. You are wrong.

You've forgotten Leon, Revis, Mangold, and Faneca.

Don't worry, you'll be joining me in the offseason within the week. ;)

Uhm, no. You are wrong.

You've forgotten Leon, Revis, Mangold, and Faneca.

Don't worry, you'll be joining me in the offseason within the week. ;)

Dont worry, theres no possible way I can feel as bad next week as you do right now.

Your season = EPIC FAIL

Our season = Greatest Turnaround in NFL History.

Dont worry, theres no possible way I can feel as bad next week as you do right now.

Your season = EPIC FAIL

Our season = Greatest Turnaround in NFL History.

Congrats on winning the East, btw. Well deserved. Well played. Good luck the rest of the way.

Enjoy your offseason ;)

Just go to your finhaven board and post where your cronies will love you. Your post and comments are useless here. Worry about your team and enjoy your victory, on your board, not ours...

I think the real reason Eric got axed was he didn't want Favre back next year and Woody does. Favre made the Jets newsworthy around the league this year. For the first time they mattered, win or lose. With a new stadium and PSL's Woody wanted number 4 whether they win more games or not.

Archived