Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

Name the Jet in the picture

An old friend sent this picture of me from a Scout dinner when I was a kid. Since my dad was the committee chairman, I sat next to the Jet Player guest for the evening. I was in awe of course since it was my first time meeting a Jet player. I will give you one hint, this was a month after the Mud Bowl.

post-73-12804640002851_thumb.jpg

The guy who used to be on sports extra with Bill Mazer. he was a Jets DB. John Dockery.

The guy who used to be on sports extra with Bill Mazer. he was a Jets DB. John Dockery.

But Jetman implied that this Jet played in the Mud Bowl.

But Jetman implied that this Jet played in the Mud Bowl.

Oh, Bobby Jones? Mickey Shuler? I don't know who that is, it's an awful picture. too much Jetkid67 and not enough Jet players face.

Marty Lyons?

Nah, it's not Marty and it's not Greg Buttle. That's all the white guys on the Jets I can remember.

:lol:

Nah, it's not Marty and it's not Greg Buttle. That's all the white guys on the Jets I can remember.

He's a small skinny white guy too.

He's a small skinny white guy too.

What year was Gastineau drafted? Wasn't there another white guy drafted that year?

Byrd, Klecko, Merseraeu, Lance Mehl...

It's not an offensive lineman, so that rules all of them out...

I was thinking Ken Schroy, but this guy had better hair. Could have been Ramsey too. I'd have though Augastinyak would be heavier, but it was a different era.

What year was Gastineau drafted? Wasn't there another white guy drafted that year?

Byrd, Klecko, Merseraeu, Lance Mehl...

It's not an offensive lineman, so that rules all of them out...

1979, Lyons was #1 pick out of Alabama and Gastineau was 2nd round pick out of like some div 3 school named pigsnuckle state or something.

I was thinking Ken Schroy, but this guy had better hair. Could have been Ramsey too. I'd have though Augastinyak would be heavier, but it was a different era.

Schroy always had a beard and curly hair.

The guy was a RB...6 FT and around 225 is not exactly small...slow maybe, but not small.

The guy was a RB...6 FT and around 225 is not exactly small...slow maybe, but not small.

Plus he's sitting next to Gameface when he was a kid. He was probably a mere 250 lbs when he was 12.

Plus he's sitting next to Gameface when he was a kid. He was probably a mere 250 lbs when he was 12.

It's Jetkid67, get it right!

:rl:

I figured Augustyniak or Dan Alexander..

Alexander had a thick Mustache. I think you nailed it.

Schroy always had a beard and curly hair.

Yeah, I was going by size. Didn't remember the beard, but I knew his hair was curly. There were a few DBs I couldn't remember - Miano, Zordich, but I guess they were later. There were a few other guys LBs and TEs Rocky Klever. I know Woodring worked on Wall Street some time back.

Yeah, I was going by size. Didn't remember the beard, but I knew his hair was curly. There were a few DBs I couldn't remember - Miano, Zordich, but I guess they were later. There were a few other guys LBs and TEs Rocky Klever. I know Woodring worked on Wall Street some time back.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/all_time/player/689-ken-schroy

:rl: