S Jim Leonhard to follow Ryan to Jets?

The punt return skills alone make him someone they should target...almost seems like a no brainer signing. Ryan guy, fills a weakness in the defense, and returns punts.

If he crapped gold bricks and had double Ds I would be in love!!!

could be one of my favorites if he comes. I always love players who have a tough history and leave it all on the field.

on a side note it would be funny if he could beat on the bils twice a year, bills are team that gave him 0 chance to succedd and kicked him to the curb.

I would welcome this move as long as we don't have to break the bank for him. Leonhard is a good all-around player who is young, knows Rex's system, and is entering his prime. Would be a great addition at the right price.

I dont think hes looking to break the bank. This kid has been through so much ****. He was dumped by buffalo, then ryan decided to bring him in off the street for a workout and signed him. Ryan saved his career and now he is a solid young player. Knowing ryan is the head coach, I dont see him demanding a lot of money from the jets, he will come here for an average price if he does get here.

I didn't watch many Ravens games this year. When I did, I saw Leonhard on special teams but I don't really remember him making many plays as a DB. Would you say he is an above average safety? The way I'm looking at it right now, I think our run defense will go back to being stout and with the coaching changes I think we are going to see our current defensive roster reach its maximum potential at the pass rush. So, if we get one more good DB alongside Revis and Rhodes then I feel comfortable with Lowery starting at CB or Elam at safety.

I didn't watch many Ravens games this year. When I did, I saw Leonhard on special teams but I don't really remember him making many plays as a DB. Would you say he is an above average safety? The way I'm looking at it right now, I think our run defense will go back to being stout and with the coaching changes I think we are going to see our current defensive roster reach its maximum potential at the pass rush. So, if we get one more good DB alongside Revis and Rhodes then I feel comfortable with Lowery starting at CB or Elam at safety.

I only saw the playoffs (playoffs?) and he was making big plays. Penny threw that desperation pass, and Leonhard blasted the WR good. He loves to stuff the run; knows how to chase backside when the action initially goes away from him, and stopped some cutbacks before the runners hit the LOS. Plays low, and gets leverage on his hits. I can't see how he wouldn't be an instant upgrade.

Archived