Tigers Will Win The A.L.

The Gun Of Bavaria

C.C. is going to lay a big turd, just watch. Arod will be himself and Tex will be average to above average. Your team is still old and shaky on Defense and I'm not ready to predict your offense scores 1000 runs anytime soon.

Take it from a guy who learned the hard way. Going on a massive high priced FA raid and stocking your team with All-Stars can be just as deadly as successful. I consider Dave Dombrowski one of the smarter GMs in baseball, and it blew up in his face badly.

There's a lot of high priced talent and high priced egos on that team and if one thing upsets the apple cart, it's going to look like a high school girl's slumber party cat fight in the dugout, especially with Girardi running the show.

You guys may blow the league away, I don't know. But as they say, that's why they play the games my friends. 2008 Tigers should have been enshrined in the HOF on paper, but reality was a painful bitch for them and us fans.

Lotta Yankee fans running around here ready to crown them the AL and WS champs and no offense, we've seen it all before. Group circle jerk in March, group bitch session and calling for heads in September.

Yanks had a fantastic offseason, no question. But getting them on the team, and getting them to play as a team, are 2 different things. Just ask Dombrowski, Jim Leyland, and the 2008 Tigers. :2c:

Group circle jerks are fun. It's when you have to jerk off by yourself...not so much fun.:eek:

I would say the Tigers are a dark horse after falling short of expectations.

They have talent and it is just a matter of them getting their collective $hit together.

Basically.

The AL central is gonna be as competitive as the AL East this year. Should be a fun year in baseball.

IMO the Yanks face two big things that can stop them: injuries (can happen to any team) and our defense. I still think that our bats can over come that area.

Basically.

The AL central is gonna be as competitive as the AL East this year. Should be a fun year in baseball.

IMO the Yanks face two big things that can stop them: injuries (can happen to any team) and our defense. I still think that our bats can over come that area.

IMHO that is your biggest question mark.

Teixeria was a huge signing for you. Posada, Damon, Matsui are you swing votes. If they can reasonably approach past performance, I think your Offense can be good. If not, you are going to have a lot of 13-3 victories offset by 2-1 losses.

IMHO that is your biggest question mark.

Teixeria was a huge signing for you. Posada, Damon, Matsui are you swing votes. If they can reasonably approach past performance, I think your Offense can be good. If not, you are going to have a lot of 13-3 victories offset by 2-1 losses.

Like last year :(

I agree on Teixeira, prior to the signing I was still not feeling great about our lineup.

Anyways, I'll agree on Matsui and Damon, I think Posada will be productive but I'd replace him with Cano. I mean if there is a bat that is hot and cold it's HIM. You BoSox fans know what a luxury it is to have a run producing in-fielder at the 2nd base position. If Cano can produce then we're talking about perhaps batting him 2nd or 3rd and then play around with our batting order.

Like last year :(

I agree on Teixeira, prior to the signing I was still not feeling great about our lineup.

Anyways, I'll agree on Matsui and Damon, I think Posada will be productive but I'd replace him with Cano. I mean if there is a bat that is hot and cold it's HIM. You BoSox fans know what a luxury it is to have a run producing in-fielder at the 2nd base position. If Cano can produce then we're talking about perhaps batting him 2nd or 3rd and then play around with our batting order.

I use to think Cano could bad 2nd or 3rd, but I think it's pretty obvious now, he'll never put up the OBP to hit there, so I think he's more of a #5 or #6 hitter. When he's not in those cold streaks, he really is a very productive hitter, he can handle those spots.

I use to think Cano could bad 2nd or 3rd, but I think it's pretty obvious now, he'll never put up the OBP to hit there, so I think he's more of a #5 or #6 hitter. When he's not in those cold streaks, he really is a very productive hitter, he can handle those spots.

I see your point, and quite frankly I could see him in that 5 spot.

Damon

Jeter

Tex

ARod

Cano?

Looks good to me. And if Damon is the suck and Swisher is having a good year... I'm not against moving Swisher up in the lineup.

I see your point, and quite frankly I could see him in that 5 spot.

Damon

Jeter

Tex

ARod

Cano?

Looks good to me. And if Damon is the suck and Swisher is having a good year... I'm not against moving Swisher up in the lineup.

Unless Posada and Matsui don't rebound from there injuries, I don't see Cano bumping them from the 5th or 6th spots.

Damon L

Jeter R

Teixeira S

Rodriguez R

Matsui L

Posada S

Cano L

Swisher/Nady S/R

Gardner/Cabrera L/S

I personally would go with this lineup:

Jeter R

Damon L

Rodriguez R

Teixeira S

Matsui L

Posada S

Cano L

Swisher S

Gardner L

Unless Posada and Matsui don't rebound from there injuries, I don't see Cano bumping them from the 5th or 6th spots.

Damon L

Jeter R

Teixeira S

Rodriguez R

Matsui L

Posada S

Cano L

Swisher/Nady S/R

Gardner/Cabrera L/S

I personally would go with this lineup:

Jeter R

Damon L

Rodriguez R

Teixeira S

Matsui L

Posada S

Cano L

Swisher S

Gardner L

I've written off Matsui. I love the dude, LOVE HIM, but he's finished, he's a burden at this point, too little power. Gardner... blegh.

I'm just praying we dont' have a year like last like PFK said where we have 13-3 wins and 2-0 losses.

I've written off Matsui. I love the dude, LOVE HIM, but he's finished, he's a burden at this point, too little power. Gardner... blegh.

I'm just praying we dont' have a year like last like PFK said where we have 13-3 wins and 2-0 losses.

Why? When healthy he still a pretty good hitter.

.294 BA and .370 OBP in 337 at bats last year.

Why? When healthy he still a pretty good hitter.

.294 BA and .370 OBP in 337 at bats last year.

That's why.

Dude is a warrior, but his knees are shot. Plus he was always insistent that he needs "consistency in the lineup" in order to produce. I just don't think he can be a regular guy without breaking down. JMO.

Either way if I'm proven wrong... good thing for us then!

Are we talking about the same Detroit Tigers that has no pitching whatsoever and thought Dontrelle Willis wouldn't suck in the American League, especially when he sucked in his last year in the the National League as well.

Detroit isn't even the best team in their division. White Sox are.

That was last year. The year before that they were in the WS. I recall they went through NY to get there too.

It's unfortunate the Tigers didn't have money to pay K-Rod, because I thought they could of really used him, I don't think Lyon is that good, so I still think there bullpen is poor, and there rotation isn't that great either, though I do expect Verlander to rebound. Tigers could win that division, easily, but they need there pitching staff to be at least average.

It's unfortunate the Tigers didn't have money to pay K-Rod, because I thought they could of really used him, I don't think Lyon is that good, so I still think there bullpen is poor, and there rotation isn't that great either, though I do expect Verlander to rebound.

Fully agree with you TD. I was praying they'd pay the man (K-Rod), but after last year's FA debacle Mike Illitch has tightened up the pursestrings, especially since his other team , the crosstown Red Wings, who he loves more, won the Stanley Cup.

Lyon is a quick solutution to a long term problem and yes I agree, he's not much of a solution.

We'll know by late May if the Tigers have a chance. I agree with all of you, the Tigers bullpen is scary and even I don't know what to expect. I think our rotation will be better however.

Fully agree with you TD. I was praying they'd pay the man (K-Rod), but after last year's FA debacle Mike Illitch has tightened up the pursestrings, especially since his other team , the crosstown Red Wings, who he loves more, won the Stanley Cup.

Lyon is a quick solutution to a long term problem and yes I agree, he's not much of a solution.

We'll know by late May if the Tigers have a chance. I agree with all of you, the Tigers bullpen is scary and even I don't know what to expect. I think our rotation will be better however.

Your rotation just needs to be a little better, because you have very good offense, though I don't think Ordonez will put up the same numbers he did in '08.

Verlander

Robertson

Bonderman

Jackson

Willis

Is that the rotation? or is there any young pitchers ready to step in? I don't believe Porcello is ready yet.

I guess Galarraga could beat our Willis for the 5th spot, or they both are in the rotation, if Bonderman isn't healthy.

EDIT: I got '07 and '08 confused with Ordonez. He actually took a step back in '08, after a monster '07 season

Your rotation just needs to be a little better, because you have very good offense, though I don't think Ordonez will put up the same numbers he did in '08.

Verlander

Robertson

Bonderman

Jackson

Willis

Is that the rotation? or is there any young pitchers ready to step in? I don't believe Porcello is ready yet.

I guess Galarraga could beat our Willis for the 5th spot, or they both are in the rotation, if Bonderman isn't healthy.

1-Verlander

2-Bonderman

3-Galarraga

4-Jackson

5- OPEN at this time. It's a 3 way battle between Willis, Robertson & Miner.

Willis is DONE if you ask me. Miner & Robertson will battle, but I predict Robertson will win out and Miner will go to long relief. Second Robertson looks shaky, he'll come out.

Porcello isn't ready yet, no way. The Tigers have beaucoup arms on the farm but they're not ready for big time yet. Perhaps midseason, but not yet.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about Tigers pitching, especially the bullpen. We just paid our season ticket balance, so deep down, I'm convincing myself I won't see another train wreck like last year.

Archived