Should Dolphins extend Chad Pennington

Jetfan13

If the JETS didnt crumble and Brady didnt go down you would have been fighting with the Bills not to be in last... Chad needs everything to happen just right even to make the playoffs... it would take a miracle to win it all... he is a waste of time and money and will continue to break your heart.

Expecting another Division title from Chad is like expecting Johnny Mac to out-hit Rafa Nadal. Won't happen.

I say see how preseason and camp goes...

if Chad doesn't get hurt and shows the same caliber of play that he did last season for the Dolphins, they have no choice but to extend him....regardless of what Jet fans say, the guy did well, and downgrading to your inexperienced draft pick in year two is not the best way to go.

If you can get Henne three solid seasons as the back-up, learning the offense, all the better for them.

He will be 100% prepared to play in his third year, will he execute? meh..who knows...but he should have the mental part of the game in Miami down.

I mean Mangold, send us Mangold and a 2nd (your 3rd went to GB) and we'll give you Chad back.

Screw that. Chad was almost the MVP of the league. I agree with 124. Let's see if he can put together another healthy year. When he's healthy, he plays well so that's the only obstacle. If he stays healthy and has another 3000 yard 20 TD year; absolutely extend him.

If the JETS didnt crumble and Brady didnt go down you would have been fighting with the Bills not to be in last... Chad needs everything to happen just right even to make the playoffs... it would take a miracle to win it all... he is a waste of time and money and will continue to break your heart.

If the Jets had any good receivers...

If Brett Favre wasn't one of the worst starting QBs in football...

If Kerry Rhodes hadn't regressed...

If the Jets had a resemblence of a strong safety...

If Vernon Gholston could've got off the milk carton...

If Leon Washington actually got the ball...

...Then the Jets could've won the division. But if's are about as good as 4 card straight in a poker game; doesn't get you much.

...Then the Jets could've won the division. But if's are about as good as 4 card straight in a poker game; doesn't get you much.

Damn...that one hurt lol :cheers:

#1...mostly on Favre...he is gone

#2...gone

#3 & #4...same thing, your an idiot..better then any dol-fag

#5...even if he did, would it have made that much of a difference?

#6...give you that one

I love how you try to make the dol-fag season even better by pounding on the Jets mis-fortunes...

#1...mostly on Favre...he is gone

#2...gone

#3 & #4...same thing, your an idiot..better then any dol-fag

#5...even if he did, would it have made that much of a difference?

#6...give you that one

I love how you try to make the dol-fag season even better by pounding on the Jets mis-fortunes...

Jets misfortunes makes me :D

Jets misfortunes makes me :D

now I understand...you are the type of fan that takes more pleasure in rivals losses then your own teams victories..makes sense though, since the dol-fags haven't had many wins the last few years that that was all you had to cheer for...

good to see you showing your real colors

now I understand...you are the type of fan that takes more pleasure in rivals losses then your own teams victories..makes sense though, since the dol-fags haven't had many wins the last few years that that was all you had to cheer for...

good to see you showing your real colors

Naw it's the winning and the jets misfortunes together...both in the same year is an overload of joy ;)

Naw it's the winning and the jets misfortunes together...both in the same year is an overload of joy ;)

The only thing the Phins proved this year was what everyone knew... BP is good at making bad teams OK again.. and Chad cant win it all...

Good for you... you have leaped into mediocrity... enjoy it.

The only thing the Phins proved this year was what everyone knew... BP is good at making bad teams OK again.. and Chad cant win it all...

Good for you... you have leaped into mediocrity... enjoy it.

11 wins, A division title and a playoff appearance is not mediocrity. We had the 6th best record out of 32 Nfl teams...i would consider that the upper echelon

11 wins, A division title and a playoff appearance is not mediocrity. We had the 6th best record out of 32 Nfl teams...i would consider that the upper echelon

Only the Super Bowl winner counts, there is no upper echelon in the NFL, there are no minor bowl games to make your season sound better then it actually was..

you had a good year but you are really blowing it out of proportion..Any team can pull out a one year MIRACLE. I can see where you want to hold onto this freak of nature occourance, but soon you will be forced to realize that it was just that, a freak of nature

Only the Super Bowl winner counts, there is no upper echelon in the NFL, there are no minor bowl games to make your season sound better then it actually was..

you had a good year but you are really blowing it out of proportion..Any team can pull out a one year MIRACLE. I can see where you want to hold onto this freak of nature occourance, but soon you will be forced to realize that it was just that, a freak of nature

Listen i was completley stunned and did not expect the year we had, i'll be the first to admit i was thinking we were gonna have a very high draft choice this year. It's just how this team won ball games with a blue collar style, smart football no penalties, win turnover battle and somei nnovated play calling. I love our FO and our coaching staff and our QB situation which has killed us for years is in the best shape it's been in a long long time. And yes it seems every year theres a team righting the ship....but this was the single greatest turn around in the history of the league...alot to proud of and excited for as a Miami Dolphins fan right now.

Listen i was completley stunned and did not expect the year we had, i'll be the first to admit i was thinking we were gonna have a very high draft choice this year. It's just how this team won ball games with a blue collar style, smart football no penalties, win turnover battle and somei nnovated play calling. I love our FO and our coaching staff and our QB situation which has killed us for years is in the best shape it's been in a long long time. And yes it seems every year theres a team righting the ship....but this was the single greatest turn around in the history of the league...alot to proud of and excited for as a Miami Dolphins fan right now.

youre right, so why aren't you sharing your excitement with people who feel the same way instead of yapping here?

And with Pennington at the helm, your drop to the bottom may be as quick as your rise to the top

youre right, so why aren't you sharing your excitement with people who feel the same way instead of yapping here?

And with Pennington at the helm, your drop to the bottom may be as quick as your rise to the top

thanks for being so freindly ;) I like conflict and the arguments i get here. i mean dont get me wrong i go on my teams msg boards quite often but it's jsut everyone pattin each other on the back about how good our season was...gets boring. So i prefer to duke it out with the jet fans and SOMETIMES you jet fans deliver fair, knowledable critcism that i apreciate...and most of all it passes time at work. When i first digned up for this site it was for one specific reason and i thought i'd probly never come back after but now everyone in the Jetnation community has grown so attached to me they don't want me to leave. :D

thanks for being so freindly ;) I like conflict and the arguments i get here. i mean dont get me wrong i go on my teams msg boards quite often but it's jsut everyone pattin each other on the back about how good our season was...gets boring. So i prefer to duke it out with the jet fans and SOMETIMES you jet fans deliver fair, knowledable critcism that i apreciate...and most of all it passes time at work. When i first digned up for this site it was for one specific reason and i thought i'd probly never come back after but now everyone in the Jetnation community has grown so attached to me they don't want me to leave. :D

Ditto for me.

:rl:

You had the easiest schedule in football.. The Ravens showed you how upper echelon you were in the playoffs when they made you look like a high school team..

Ridiculous... I only pray Parcells believes you were upper echelon as well..

Archived