Should Dolphins extend Chad Pennington

Jetfan13

Tough call for the fish as Chad brings a lot to the table. But if they are truly high on Henne, keep Pennington for another year and then move on. There is no chance CP will hold out or cause a problem and Henne can continue to learn

Penny is a true "team" oriented player. Like you said he will NOT cause any problems. It would be the right thing to do for the DolFAGS to extend him perhaps for one additional year. This also gives Miami some insurance against a high learning curve for Henne.

If they are high on Henne then they should wait and see if Chad can play in all 16 games for two straight seasons which would be a career first for him since leaving Marshall University. If Chad performs like he did last year (doubtful) then I think they need to resign him at that point but for now they should just stick with the current 1 year remaining and see how things fold out.

I want him for the same reason most teams would want him (See playoff appearance and division championship).

If the JETS didnt crumble and Brady didnt go down you would have been fighting with the Bills not to be in last... Chad needs everything to happen just right even to make the playoffs... it would take a miracle to win it all... he is a waste of time and money and will continue to break your heart.

If the JETS didnt crumble and Brady didnt go down you would have been fighting with the Bills not to be in last... Chad needs everything to happen just right even to make the playoffs... it would take a miracle to win it all... he is a waste of time and money and will continue to break your heart.

IF.

they'd be crazy NOT to extend Pennington. They've been wanting a QB of his caliber for a while now-ever since Marino retired in fact. I'd be happy to see him twice more for the next few seasons. We here all KNOW what Chad brings to the table; mediocrity and yes, maybe even a playoff berth once in a while that he will lose. Never a championship-NEVER

they'd be crazy NOT to extend Pennington. They've been wanting a QB of his caliber for a while now-ever since Marino retired in fact. I'd be happy to see him twice more for the next few seasons. We here all KNOW what Chad brings to the table; mediocrity and yes, maybe even a playoff berth once in a while that he will lose. Never a championship-NEVER

You're spot on SoFla. Besides, we don't have a spot for Chad here anymore.

Both Bubba Franks and Dearth are enrolled in the towel waving seminar end of this month. Once they're certified he'd have ended up odd man out.

You're spot on SoFla. Besides, we don't have a spot for Chad here anymore.

Both Bubba Franks and Dearth are enrolled in the towel waving seminar end of this month. Once they're certified he'd have ended up odd man out.

Thats cold John...

If I was Miami I would explore every trade option possible for Pennington. Chad proved what he had to prove last season and I would imagine teams would be more interested than last year. Chicago, Cleveland, maybe Minnesota, etc... all could be willing to deal. Of course knowing Parcells he will simply take Chad with him to whatever team he ends up on after he bolts Miami after next season.

If he has a successful season next year, come on back and give me my crow to eat.

But his history aint too good. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on either a losing season or an injury. The house.

ok fair enough...yea his history has shown he hasn't been able to put together back to back seasons. I think our roster will improve alot over this offseason and he'll be put in even better position to suceed next year even with the schedule difficulties.

ok fair enough...yea his history has shown he hasn't been able to put together back to back seasons. I think our roster will improve alot over this offseason and he'll be put in even better position to suceed next year even with the schedule difficulties.

Most important things for the Fish: Keep Chad upright. Cant allow any sacks or pressure.

If they can do that, and allow chad to manage a game, they can be pretty good. But one hit on him and it all could go kerplooie!

thing is......i just don't see how he goes another seaosn with DB's not picking off his floaters. those passes just seem to hang in the air for an eternity...and if they're not picked off...he just leaves his wr's out to dry. that or he goes on IR with a broken vagina by week 3.

thing is......i just don't see how he goes another seaosn with DB's not picking off his floaters. those passes just seem to hang in the air for an eternity...and if they're not picked off...he just leaves his wr's out to dry. that or he goes on IR with a broken vagina by week 3.

Whoa, hold on there. I used that line back in 06' ;)

Archived