Spring Training Pictures

Morrissey

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't see him myself. A couple of guys from The Devils were telling me that they saw him.

I did see him when his wife was about 8 months pregnant last year. The woman he was with was not preggers.

He was probably with the bat boy or a bullpen pitcher. Alex seems to mesh more with those types.

Headed to FLA. next week, got Tix for the game on the 28th .....seems like a lot of these pics are on the main field, some may be on diffrent fields. what's the best place to see these guys before a ST game ???

The fields are all right next to each other, so its not a big deal. Standing over the bullpen is pretty cool, you get to look right down on the pitchers and catchers. When your actually inside the stadium you can get right next to the dugout if you get there early enough. Third baseline is usually wide open to sit anywhere cause theres not much action over there. Damon/Arod might throw you a ball if you have a kid with you.

As for autographs, theres a fence where all the fans gather to get stuff signed. Theres actually slits in the fence for you to hand stuff to players easily instead of throwing balls, hats, pictures, etc over the fence. Thats new this year, and pretty convienent for the kids. You'll see where the fence is, its to the left when you walk in, connected to the side feild. Usually just pitchers there doing feilding drills.

EDIT: If you just heading there before a game it might be tough to get autos. Most of what I said is from the practice days. If you get there early enough, and beg the ushers to let you down by the dugout(if you tix arent down there) they might let you down to talk to the players. But if you don't have a kid with you, they probably won't sign. But at the very least its cool to see these guys up close, there so much bigger then you think they are.

+1

yea i forgot he was playing for PR i cant wait to see that... i bet Bernie still thinks he can play center field over Damon and Melky... i sure as hell think he would do a good job IMO

His last season or two, it was almost painful watching him play.

As a Sox fan, Bernie was always the one Yankee that I actually liked. There is no way he would do a good job in CF anymore.

+1

yea i forgot he was playing for PR i cant wait to see that... i bet Bernie still thinks he can play center field over Damon and Melky... i sure as hell think he would do a good job IMO

He lost his range, and bat speed. It's not likely he improved either of those after 2 years of getting older. I love him, so happy he's been back around the team, but he should officially retire after the WBC. Maybe the Yankees can sign him to a 1 day contract. He can play vs. the Cubs in the exhibition game at the new Yankee Stadium.

He lost his range, and bat speed. It's not likely he improved either of those after 2 years of getting older. I love him, so happy he's been back around the team, but he should officially retire after the WBC. Maybe the Yankees can sign him to a 1 day contract. He can play vs. the Cubs in the exhibition game at the new Yankee Stadium.

That's an excellent idea. And that will probably happen.

The Yankees have always been great with former players.

Archived