The "New Look" 08'-09' Bulls Thread

ECURB

chi_logo.gif

PG - Derrick Rose / Kirk Hinrich

SG - Ben Gordon / Anthony Roberson

SF - Loul Deng / John Salmons

PF - Tyrus Thomas / Tim Thomas

C - Joakim Noah / Brad Miller

Looking good in the first couple of games together... just took out the Magic with a big night and have the 3rd best record over the last 10 games in the East...

Looks like the might realistically be able to hit the 6th seed and wishfully even higher but not likely with not much time left.

Still though the 6th seed would put them most likely against Orlando a team that they played well before the trades and obviously even better after.

In 3 games this year the Magic now lead the 4 game series 2-1... the Bulls lost a close one in FL earlier this season by just 3 points... now with much better big guys on the team they showed the ability to finish the job with a 120-102 win over the Magic.

Could these Bulls hit the 2nd round of the playoffs? We will see... Round 2 would likely be a series with Boston... please stay injured KG :lol:

lol 2nd round...

It could happen... BTW... why would you be proud of that signature?

Your team beat MJ when he came back from baseball... then managed to get their ass handed to them in the Finals while Jordan got his game back on track and dominated for 3 more years...

It could happen... BTW... why would you be proud of that signature?

Your team beat MJ when he came back from baseball... then managed to get their ass handed to them in the Finals while Jordan got his game back on track and dominated for 3 more years...

Because Michael Jordan was the best player in the game, back from baseball or not, the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic are the only team that made Michael Jordan look like he should have stayed in baseball.

I am just wondering, were you even alive in 1995?

edit: also, i was just wondering, if we're such a crap franchise with no titles in their 20 year history, why are you so obsessed with them?

Because Michael Jordan was the best player in the game, back from baseball or not, the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic are the only team that made Michael Jordan look like he should have stayed in baseball.

I am just wondering, were you even alive in 1995?

edit: also, i was just wondering, if we're such a crap franchise with no titles in their 20 year history, why are you so obsessed with them?

Im not... this is the only active Basketball thread... lol

Keep up the good work.

Jordan would have won the title that year... the Magic caught the Bulls off guard and blew it...

Im not... this is the only active Basketball thread... lol

Keep up the good work.

Jordan would have won the title that year... the Magic caught the Bulls off guard and blew it...

Jordan really didn't even play awful that series, he played great the entire series, minus game 1, and maybe even game 6, but other then that he was fantastic as usual, he just wasn't usual Michael Jordan clutch.

But check out the games they lost...

Game 1: 8/22, 19 pts, 8 Turnovers (that was the really bad one)...

Game 3: 15/31, 40 pts

Game 5: 15/28, 39 pts

Game 6: 8/19, 24 pts, 6 turnovers

Sure he wasn't amazing, but he still had great games in 3, and 5, he really wasn't to blame for losing those 2 games.

Jordan really didn't even play awful that series, he played great the entire series, minus game 1, and maybe even game 6, but other then that he was fantastic as usual, he just wasn't usual Michael Jordan clutch.

But check out the games they lost...

Game 1: 8/22, 19 pts, 8 Turnovers (that was the really bad one)...

Game 3: 15/31, 40 pts

Game 5: 15/28, 39 pts

Game 6: 8/19, 24 pts, 6 turnovers

Sure he wasn't amazing, but he still had great games in 3, and 5, he really wasn't to blame for losing those 2 games.

Like I said... they caught the Bulls off guard... no way they win another series with them... just wouldnt happen... the Magic played over their heads... and it showed in the Finals...

Like I said... they caught the Bulls off guard... no way they win another series with them... just wouldnt happen... the Magic played over their heads... and it showed in the Finals...

They weren't really playing over their heads, they lost the series that year, because they were a young team. We even got swept, and I still say that we were clearly the better team, and being too young really was our problem.

Horace Grant was our veteran, and he was still only like 30 at the time.

They weren't really playing over their heads, they lost the series that year, because they were a young team. We even got swept, and I still say that we were clearly the better team, and being too young really was our problem.

Horace Grant was our veteran.

Too young and playing over their heads... like the Bulls a couple years ago and the Magic this year...

Too young and playing over their heads... like the Bulls a couple years ago and the Magic this year...

This years Orlando Magic is totally different then the 1995 squads, and totally different to that Chicago team of a couple years ago.

With Jameer Nelson the Orlando Magic were better then Cleveland, and there is nothing Cleveland fans can say about that, especially since the last two years, Orlando is 4-1 against Cleveland with Jameer in the lineup.

The Chicago Bulls that had success in 2007 had really no veteran player, Ben Wallace was basically it. The Magic have Hedo Turkoglu, and Rashard Lewis who are far better then Ben Wallace ever was. They were basically what you say a young team player over their heads, and that proved to be true the next season when they only won about 30 games.

Which also proves why the Magic aren't playing over their heads. They won 52 last year, and they're on pace to win about the same amount again this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Bulls are in as of now... man I hope they play the Magic round 1... they can hit round 2 if they get that lucky...

U think bulls can beat Magic?

Rose is like one of my favorite players i mean i kinda like the bulls just bc him. but the reason they wont win is who is gonna guard Howard? Brad Miller is your best chance but still isnt that good and physical to guard him. I jsut hope they put Noah on him if they end up playin each other..that be so sad....

U think bulls can beat Magic?

Rose is like one of my favorite players i mean i kinda like the bulls just bc him. but the reason they wont win is who is gonna guard Howard? Brad Miller is your best chance but still isnt that good and physical to guard him. I jsut hope they put Noah on him if they end up playin each other..that be so sad....

Howard is good no doubt but he hasnt exactly lit up the Bulls...

11/3/08 - 22 points - Bulls lose by 3 (Drew Gooden played Center... lol)

12/31/08 - 12 points - Bulls lose by 19 (Aaron Gray played center... LOL)

2/24/09 - 26 points - Bulls win by 18 (Noah and Miller shared minutes... It was Millers first game back I think)

They play their last game against each other March 11th.... we shall see... I think Deng might still be out then but it will basically be the "new bulls"...

Orlando would beat Chi-Town without Howard. Please, Bulls suck.

The Magic basically did that tonight. I am not sure, but it sure seemed like it, but I think Marcin Gortat played more minutes then Dwight tonight. Gortat got 13 points, and 15 rebounds, and he did very well during the first quarter, when Dwight was in foul trouble.

Magic better bring Gortat back next year, he's a big part to the team in my opinion. I can see alot of teams having interest in him.

Lets go Bulls, tomorrow. This is a big game tomorrow for the Bulls for their playoffs lives. Lets continue your good record at home.

Go Bulls!.... lol

Bulls down by 1 heading into the 4th...

Wearing the St Patty Green Uni's...

gordon_070316.jpg

Both teams playing VERY loose on defense... this looks like a Suns game... lol

Rose had a couple of sick lay ups... Pierce has gotten himself in foul trouble thank god... he was getting hot then picked up his 5th...

I wanna smack whoever keeps leaving House wide open for 3...

Also I hate watching this game on the Celts home network... I mean I am happy I get the game in HD... but wow they are giving the entire team a BJ every 2 min...

BUlls by 3 with 50 seconds left... Pierce is looking insane out there... he is keeping them in the game by himself...

Bulls have the ball... gotta run 20 seconds opff the clock and score here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:thumbup:

6th Seed here we come baby!

Bulls tied for 6th seed right now with Philly

Bulls remaining games...

@ Detroit

Vs Raptors

Philly remaining games...

Vs Celtics

@ Cavs

Looks like...