REPORT: WARNER TO VISIT SAN FRAN

spjets

Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:13 PM

Free-agent quarterback Kurt Warner is taking it up a notch.

Since no one believes (including the Cardinals) that he'd actually leave the Cardinals and sign with another team, Warner is making a visit.

According to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, Warner plans to check out the 49ers, perhaps on Monday.

Per Maiocco, some in the San Fran organization think that the team has a realistic chance to swipe the quarterback of the 2008 NFC champions. Others believe (as do we) that the Niners are the equivalent of that girl you went out with in high school in order to make your ex-girlfriend jealous in the hopes she'd reconsider her official position that you're a hipster doofis.

Then again, it could be that G.M. Scot McCloughan has agreed to participate in the charade as a favor to Warner's agent, Mark Bartelstein, who desperately needs to recapture the leverage Warner squandered with his constant "I'll play for the Cardinals or no one" routine. Even if the Niners don't land Warner, Bartelstein will be indebted to McCloughan -- and McCloughan would be able to seek a return favor at some point in the future.

Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:13 PM

Free-agent quarterback Kurt Warner is taking it up a notch.

Since no one believes (including the Cardinals) that he'd actually leave the Cardinals and sign with another team, Warner is making a visit.

According to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, Warner plans to check out the 49ers, perhaps on Monday.

Per Maiocco, some in the San Fran organization think that the team has a realistic chance to swipe the quarterback of the 2008 NFC champions. Others believe (as do we) that the Niners are the equivalent of that girl you went out with in high school in order to make your ex-girlfriend jealous in the hopes she'd reconsider her official position that you're a hipster doofis.

Then again, it could be that G.M. Scot McCloughan has agreed to participate in the charade as a favor to Warner's agent, Mark Bartelstein, who desperately needs to recapture the leverage Warner squandered with his constant "I'll play for the Cardinals or no one" routine. Even if the Niners don't land Warner, Bartelstein will be indebted to McCloughan -- and McCloughan would be able to seek a return favor at some point in the future.

Well, dont sell Mike Singletary short. He's a players coach. He'll get this team in shape. All they need is a Kurt Warner to really implement their threats like their Tight End, his name escapes me at this time.

If Warner signs this will pretty much guarantee that either Sanchez or Stafford will be available at pick #17

Not really, Warner is going to be 38. At most he gives you maybe 2 years. I'm not passing up a Franchise QB if one is available for a short-term answer like Warner. Instead I take him and tell him in 2 years it's his team. Until then, sit down, shut up, and learn.

Not really, Warner is going to be 38. At most he gives you maybe 2 years. I'm not passing up a Franchise QB if one is available for a short-term answer like Warner. Instead I take him and tell him in 2 years it's his team. Until then, sit down, shut up, and learn.

the good christian warner wants to to get another 3m from cards

$10m is plenty for the overrated POS.

Archived