Mangini Cleaning House Edwards to go?

Favorite_Toon

I would give them a #2 and one of Mangini's favorites in a heartbeat for Braylon.

But there is no way in hell I would give them our 1st round pick for Braylon.

When you look at a 1st round pick on a team with a rookie HC, it really becomes the center piece and the future of what that HC has in mind. Its one of the most important and valuable pieces for that coach to build around....Braylon Edwards is not worth jeopardizing.

That's why I said I'd give up the 2nd and Brad Smith for Edwards.

Edwards led the NFL in drops last year (16) and was 2nd in 2007 (12).

The guy has all the tools to be dominant but lacks the focus.

Tough to say but I don't think I'd give up our 1st for him.

Not to play devils advocate too much, but do you think playing on a team that had little chance of competing might have had something to do with said lack of focus (Sorta like Randy Moss with the Raiders)? Nevermind, I would hope focus would improve as a player matures.....And unlike Terrell Owens he's never really been labeled a cancer. A bit of a primadonna maybe, but not a cancer.....

I'd take a chance on him if the price was right, guys with his talent do not grow on trees.

The odd thing about the Giants' rumor is that Plexico is a better overall WR than Edwards. It's just that Plexico screwed up his life and needs to get it back in order.

If I was them I would not make that trade with Kiwi. Keep Kiwi for that stable of pass rushers, work with Plexico to get his life in order, and draft Maclin/Nicks/Britt in the 1st.

Braylon Edwards is a Top 10 talent in terms of receivers. I would absolutely love to get thim, possible a 2nd + Bryan Thomas? I'll add a 4th as well.

Thats a lot for a WR that has had only 1 season with over 80 catches.

Braylon Edwards is a Top 10 talent in terms of receivers. I would absolutely love to get thim, possible a 2nd + Bryan Thomas? I'll add a 4th as well.

You never know. Mangini does seem to like bad players like Thomas.

If you're looking for a breakout player, take a serious look at Antonio Bryant, who I believe is a free agent and will come a lot cheaper, and also won't give you any headaches.

Antonio Bryant, who is on his fourth team, and sat out an entire year because he is a headcase...won't give us any headaches?

I'm not going to judge Edwards on his dropped passes when the entire Cleveland Browns had a bad year, including both QBs.

I agree, however A LOT of those balls were right in his hands...they weren't poorly thrown balls.

Archived