Who else is with me on the Bret Ratliff Bandwagon??1?!?!

Jets1Fan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The levels of idiocy in this thread are overflowing. The people that hate Ratliff and are rooting for him to fail are just as stupid as the people rooting for Ratliff and think that Kellen is already a bust. It is like dumb battling dumber but impossible to assign which label to which side.

There are a few rational people posting in here (EY, SMC, Sperm, #27, and others) but the rest of you sound like freaking idiots. And that is being generous.

Carry on....

I am on the Jets bandwagon and want them to succeed.

I like some things I saw in KC (tough, good arm, can move in the pocket) but worry about others (holds ball too long, has happy feet and misses some deep throws).

Brett2 is an interesting story and the best news is, so far, they will give him a shot. He has shown flashes of good play (albeit in pre-season) and has the size.

Ultimatley, this year is going to be about our defense and the offense just scoring enough to keep the game close. We should be much more worried about our kicker and punter.

BZ

One of the problems with fan message boards is that the line between hope and prediction disappears. So rather than hoping Ratliff is good, fans predict that he is.

Also, everything has to be a zero-sum gain. Ratliff can't only be good. He has to be good and Clemens has to suck. And vice versa.

I hope the Jets have caught lighting in a bottle with Ratliff. Do I think they have? I have no idea and neither does anyone else because the first thing Ratliff has to do is prove to the Jets staff that he's their guy.

How am I not being logical? If he fails in the Preseason and Training Camp, how exactly is he hurting the Jets? The Jets games that count, last I checked, were in the Regular Season and if he fails to become anything more than he currently is (a 3rd stringer for now in the 2nd stringers role) how is he failing hurting the Jets? I'm failing to pick-up why that matters if he isn't seeing the field?

If he sees the field in a Regular Season game (which he won't unless there is an injury or the game is 31-0, something like that), then I will cheer my arse off for him, no matter if I like him or not. Until then, I hope he fails and fails hard, not because of him, but because of the moronic fans who believe he's so great because a couple of 4th quarter Game 1 Preseason wide open throws.

Nothing against him personally at all, just the morons who support him as much as they do.

:rl: I think you just answered your own question Joe.

Archived