Yankee Stadium Demolition Thread

Morrissey

First baseball game I ever went to was July 23, 1986. Yanks played the Rangers. Phil Niekro started for the Yankees, Charlie Hough for the Rangers. Mattingly homered into the upper deck in right.

The game went into extra innings. In the bottom of the tenth Willie Randolph tripled and after intentionally walking Mattingly and Winfield, Ron Hassey hit a little roller in front of the plate. Hassey slid (more like rolled) into first, was safe and the Yankees won 3-2.

I had a lot of great times in that ballpark. It's sad to see it being ripped apart.

How can you NOT have loved the original? The new stadium is a cheap knockoff with obstructed views.

Don't knock it until you've been there. It's majestic looking in person. 10x nicer than the old stadium. Yankee Stadium was destroyed in 70's. Also, the old Yankee Stadium has obstructed seats all over the stadium, the sight lines are god awful. You can't see a good portion of the field in parts of the upper deck. New Yankee Stadium has them only in the bleachers, at $5 a pop.

Don't knock it until you've been there. It's majestic looking in person. 10x nicer than the old stadium. Yankee Stadium was destroyed in 70's. Also, the old Yankee Stadium has obstructed seats all over the stadium, the sight lines are god awful. You can't see a good portion of the field in parts of the upper deck. New Yankee Stadium has them only in the bleachers, at $5 a pop.

What do they have in the bleachers?

Do you work for the Yankees or something, Tyler? With all these photos, one has to wonder.

There not his, he gets them from various places.

He's credited the sites somewhere in this thread.

Edit: the other stadium thread*

i have some dirt from the infield.. my dad is best friends with both of the trainers for the yankkes and he mailed it to us with some other yankees stuff

I got some dirt too. Its in this Mariano plaque I got for Xmas. Good stuff. I think the dirt is from the pitchers mound, I'd read the description but its up in NY.

I got some dirt too. Its in this Mariano plaque I got for Xmas. Good stuff. I think the dirt is from the pitchers mound, I'd read the description but its up in NY.

ive been seeing that alot lately with the dirt in its own little square in the plaque.. they are really nice pieces.. this guy i know is framing pics with this really nice yankee medallion i have couple of those in the house

They are going to remove an acre of grass and somehow they will manage to sell 1,000 acres of authentic Yankee stadium grass.

That is the plan.

Found this today, kind of funny:

http://www.1010wins.com/Sod-Farm-to-Sell-Official-Grass-of-NY-Yankees/4062168

Sod Farm to Sell Official Grass of NY Yankees

NEW YORK (AP) -- Yankees fans will now have a chance to walk on their own private hallowed ground.

A New Jersey grass farm that has supplied turf to Yankee Stadium since the 1960s plans to sell officially licensed grass in the form of sod or seeds.

DeLea Sod Farms says its three variety blend of Kentucky bluegrass will be available at New York City-area Home Depot stores near the end of the month.

Yankees Sod and Yankees Grass Seed will come with a certificate of authenticity from Major League Baseball and a counterfeit-proof hologram declaring it to be the official grass of the New York Yankees.

A five square feet patch of diamond green will cost you $7.50.

Found this today, kind of funny:

http://www.1010wins.com/Sod-Farm-to-Sell-Official-Grass-of-NY-Yankees/4062168

Sod Farm to Sell Official Grass of NY Yankees

NEW YORK (AP) -- Yankees fans will now have a chance to walk on their own private hallowed ground.

A New Jersey grass farm that has supplied turf to Yankee Stadium since the 1960s plans to sell officially licensed grass in the form of sod or seeds.

DeLea Sod Farms says its three variety blend of Kentucky bluegrass will be available at New York City-area Home Depot stores near the end of the month.

Yankees Sod and Yankees Grass Seed will come with a certificate of authenticity from Major League Baseball and a counterfeit-proof hologram declaring it to be the official grass of the New York Yankees.

A five square feet patch of diamond green will cost you $7.50.

Crooks and suckers. A match made in heaven.

BTW, the Yankees have 3 homegrown pitchers in there 5 man rotation, and 4th being there 6th starter. I think they know how to develop pitchers.

2. Wang

4. Petttitte

5. Chamberlain

6. Hughes

Get your Yankees threads mixed up??? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived