WR dept. : Jets & Cowboys could show interest in Matt Jones ~ ~ ~

kelly

Matt Jones-WR-Jaguars Mar. 19 - 10:53 am et

The Jets and Cowboys could show interest in free agent Matt Jones, according to Newsday's Bob Glauber.

Dallas is an obvious fit because Matt and Jerry Jones are Arkansas alums and the Cowboys might have a wideout need after cutting T.O. Jerry doesn't feel that way, though, and it's doubtful Jones will end up in Big D. The Jets could use competition for Chansi Stuckey, David Clowney, and Brad Smith opposite Jerricho Cotchery. Jones shouldn't cost much more than $1 million.

Source: Newsday

Oy.

Give him the veterans minimum and let him come in for an open competition for the final four receiver positions, anything more than that would be moronic. That being said even giving him THAT would not make me happy, but if he did have his best season so far in 2008 (65 catches in 12 games).

Matt Jones-WR-Jaguars Mar. 19 - 10:53 am et

The Jets and Cowboys could show interest in free agent Matt Jones, according to Newsday's Bob Glauber.

Dallas is an obvious fit because Matt and Jerry Jones are Arkansas alums and the Cowboys might have a wideout need after cutting T.O. Jerry doesn't feel that way, though, and it's doubtful Jones will end up in Big D. The Jets could use competition for Chansi Stuckey, David Clowney, and Brad Smith opposite Jerricho Cotchery. Jones shouldn't cost much more than $1 million.

Source: Newsday

$1 million?!?!?!? Wasn't the guy scheduled to make $500K in Jacksonville? Under arrest? Pending drug suspension? Let's give him a raise!!!

Oy.

Give him the veterans minimum and let him come in for an open competition for the final four receiver positions, anything more than that would be moronic. That being said even giving him THAT would not make me happy, but if he did have his best season so far in 2008 (65 catches in 12 games).

i believe jerry jones already in process of signin him

special teams

No, thats Brad Smith & Wallace Wright.

Matt Jones if he can stay out of trouble makes a GREAT redzone target.

Obviously he never has and never will live up to his 1st round pick status, but he can contribute.

Matt Jones has some potential.

I want this guy.

Matt Jones is a ****ing moron. Literally.

I see this guy all the time and he cant even walk out of the bars in Jax. Total loser, completely in love with Cocaine.

The guy is a the butt of all jokes in Jax.

Stay far away from this moron. The last thing he cares about on this earth, is Football.

I see this guy all the time and he cant even walk out of the bars in Jax. Total loser, completely in love with Cocaine.

Stay far away from this moron. The last thing he cares about on this earth, is Football.

He had a good year last year JiF, he can somehow manage to stay off the drugs then I think he'll be fine here. We need a tall deep thread, and if it won't cost us much then why not? I think we should.

It's never been a secret that Jones doesn't care about football. That doesn't make him a moron. It makes the Jaguars morons. I'm fairly sure Jones is interested in fewer teams - like zero - than are interested in him.

Clearly, the 2 TD's he had last year were huge!

As you IGNORE the fact that he's 6'6 and has 15 TD's in 4 seasons with the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS!

Because, you know, when you think aerial assault, you think the Jaguars.

has anyone heard anything re a suspension from the nfl for m.jones ? ?

I'm not sure whether retired players can technically be suspended, but as a practical matter I don't see how it makes much of a difference. There's an eight-game suspension in the mail, but it's coming back unclaimed.

It's never been a secret that Jones doesn't care about football. That doesn't make him a moron. It makes the Jaguars morons. I'm fairly sure Jones is interested in fewer teams - like zero - than are interested in him.

No No No. Trust me, Matt Jones is a moron.

I have met him. The guy is literally half retarded. The Jags being morons goes unsaid. Matt Jones is a full fledged moron.

Archived