NE on Jason Taylors short list

PatriotReign37

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's pretty weak spin.

If I were a Pats fan, no way I would want this. Taylor's record against the Jets is abysmal.

As a Jets fan, PLEASE LORD MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

I will guarantee a sweep of the Pats this year if Taylor signs with them!!!!

That's not spin. That's a quote straight from Belichick which I believe might have even been taken from a comment about Jason Taylor. I don't see what Taylor's record against the Jets has to do with anything. It's not like you can expect a DE/OLB to win a game by himself.

That's not spin. That's a quote straight from Belichick which I believe might have even been taken from a comment about Jason Taylor. I don't see what Taylor's record against the Jets has to do with anything. It's not like you can expect a DE/OLB to win a game by himself.

The Dolphins certainly did for about a decade.

So its weak spin from Belichick.

I can recall him crying about it.

I'm sure he just hated it. I mean that would explain why he picked the Patriots as his #1 choice. You don't think he was crying more because he was playing for the Dolphins do you?

It would also add one mroe washed up old injured LB to their LB core... how long are they gonna try this??? It isnt working...

You're right, their record since Belichick has been here clearly proves that. :rl:

More weak spin.

OK Mr NFL

Peppers is a far superior player to Taylor right now. He would be a four-down player, Taylor will not be.

Nobody knows if Peppers would play all 4 downs until Peppers learns the 3 - 4. Not every player can grasp it. You know?:tongue:

Until that occurs youre spewing spin and its not even weak.

If Tanny was manipulatin' your cap it wouldn't be an issue. :Nuts:

Yeah, that 12 mil Farve deal did a number on the NE cap.

Spin away.:rl:

How do you know Peppers can play in the 3 - 4?

It's clear you're spinning this in your favor. I'm not even gonna get into it with you but will make one last statement.

I guarantee you BB would make Peppers an excellent 3-4 weapon. The man is genius and knows how to utilize the talent he has. If they got Peppers it's cause he wanted him, and to me that says enough.

Taylor gives you one year of situational play. Plus he'll be asked to do more then Peppers would be asked as a DE since I can only see Taylor playing OLB.

OK Mr NFL

Nobody knows if Peppers would play all 4 downs until Peppers learns the 3 - 4. Not every player can grasp it. You know?:tongue:

Until that occurs youre spewing spin and its not even weak.

Yeah, that 12 mil Farve deal did a number on the NE cap.

Spin away.:rl:

Where to begin?

Peppers is a monster athlete. All I ever hear from Pats fans is how much of a "genius" Belichick is and how if you give a great defensive player he will get the most out of him, more than anyone else possibly could. Yet now, you're arguing that the 35-year-old dancer Jason Taylor would be a better addition than the 29-year-old Julius Peppers.

Not to mention that Peppers, at 6-7, 283lbs is more versatile in a 3-4 scheme because he could take some snaps at DE.

Not to mention the Pats don't run 3-4 100% of the time. Theirs is a flex defense that employs multiple fronts and Peppers could be used more often and more eefectively than a 35-year-old situational pass rusher.

And what 12 million dollar hit to the cap for Favre? When Favre retired, his 12 million came off of our cap.

All I heard in the weeks leading up to FA was how the Jets were 12-20 million over the cap and would not, under any circumstances be players.

By the time the signing period opened, the Jets were 35 million under and immediately signed everybody they wanted.

Seriously, you have to try harder, you are making it way too easy to school you.

It's clear you're spinning this in your favor. I'm not even gonna get into it with you but will make one last statement.

I guarantee you BB would make Peppers an excellent 3-4 weapon. The man is genius and knows how to utilize the talent he has. If they got Peppers it's cause he wanted him, and to me that says enough.

Taylor gives you one year of situational play. Plus he'll be asked to do more then Peppers would be asked as a DE since I can only see Taylor playing OLB.

Peppers would be an OLB... thats the entire reason for debate on whether he could do it....

Peppers would be an OLB... thats the entire reason for debate on whether he could do it....

Ya think so? I see him put in as DE or a pure pass rusher, a standing 4th.

The dude is too talented not to be able to be a force, if he's rushing from the outside they can't single him, he's just too good.

Who ARE the Pats starting linebackers now anyway? Bruschi, Mayo, Thomas and... I know they drafted Crable last year. Any Pats people want to fill me in?

Actually, Bruschi isn't a starter anymore and isn't even guaranteed to make the roster. As of now, their other ILB would be Gary Guyton who played pretty well before getting injured. Opposite of Thomas right now is Tulley Banta-Cain, Shawn Crable, Vince Redd and probably Jason Taylor not to mention they have been scouting Connor Barwin out of Syracuse who played DE. They also have Bo Ruud who sat on IR last season but could see some time at ILB.

Archived