NE on Jason Taylors short list

PatriotReign37

Ya think so? I see him put in as DE or a pure pass rusher, a standing 4th.

The dude is too talented not to be able to be a force, if he's rushing from the outside they can't single him, he's just too good.

IF he came to the Patriots he would most likely be used like Willie McGinest was. Which was primarily as an OLB but lining up at DE several times per game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF he came to the Patriots he would most likely be used like Willie McGinest was. Which was primarily as an OLB but lining up at DE several times per game.

Gotcha. That's where I think he'd be best.... the **** they could do with him over there scares the living crap out of me.

It's clear you're spinning this in your favor. I'm not even gonna get into it with you but will make one last statement.

I guarantee you BB would make Peppers an excellent 3-4 weapon. The man is genius and knows how to utilize the talent he has. If they got Peppers it's cause he wanted him, and to me that says enough.

Taylor gives you one year of situational play. Plus he'll be asked to do more then Peppers would be asked as a DE since I can only see Taylor playing OLB.

No, I'm stating fact.

Peppers has no 3 - 4 experience at all. Cost more in a trade. Cost more vs the cap. NE would be in a real mess if Peppers could not transition into a 3 - 4 player. Just because BB wants him and is a Genius that doesnt guarnatee Peppers would be a great 3 - 4 player.

Taylor has 3 - 4 experience. Cost nothing since he is a UFA. Is not asking for a Peppers type contract. If Taylor gets cut no big deal.

Those are all facts as of this minute.

Both players can rush the passer. Taylor had double digit sacks 3 straight seasons before playing in Washington. Taylor had 11 sacks as an 3 - 4 OLB

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasontaylor/careerstats?id=TAY338550

No, I'm stating fact.

Peppers has no 3 - 4 experience at all. Cost more in a trade. Cost more vs the cap. NE would be in a real mess if Peppers could not transition into a 3 - 4 player. Just because BB wants him and is a Genius that doesnt guarnatee Peppers would be a great 3 - 4 player.

Taylor has 3 - 4 experience. Cost nothing since he is a UFA. Is not asking for a Peppers type contract. If Taylor gets cut no big deal.

Those are all facts as of this minute.

Both players can rush the passer. Taylor had double digit sacks 3 straight seasons before playing in Washington. Taylor had 11 sacks as an 3 - 4 OLB

http://www.nfl.com/players/jasontaylor/careerstats?id=TAY338550

Yes you're right. Taylor is the equal of Peppers, great move for you guys.

You're on a ****ing Jets messageboard, you expect us to laud a Taylor signing? I consider myself objective, if you wanna go circle jerk this go to your Pats messageboard. Here's a Statement of fact

Peppers- 29

Taylor- 34

I'm not saying it's dumb. I'm saying it's a downgrade from Peppers. I'm sure some of your other more objective/smarter Pats fan would say the same. Peppers is an investment... Taylor is a stop gap. Guys like you ****ing crack me up.

Where to begin?

Peppers is a monster athlete. All I ever hear from Pats fans is how much of a "genius" Belichick is and how if you give a great defensive player he will get the most out of him, more than anyone else possibly could. Yet now, you're arguing that the 35-year-old dancer Jason Taylor would be a better addition than the 29-year-old Julius Peppers.

More Spin

You didnt read that from my keyboard.

Roosevelt Colvin was a very good defensive player in Chicago and on the rise. Adalius Thomas was the most sought after LB in FA and a great player in Baltimore. Both have been disappointments. Thomas is being paid a fortune.

Peppers can have all the tools in the world, but if he doesnt know what hes doing it would an enormous amount of money down the drain. Belichick cant be his brain.

Not to mention that Peppers, at 6-7, 283lbs is more versatile in a 3-4 scheme because he could take some snaps at DE.

Historically Belichick has preferred his LBs to much shorter and around 250. Peppers would be NE's first 6' -7" 283 multi million dollar LB. Taylor is tall too, but at a fraction of the cost.

Taylor was a 4 - 3 DE. So, he has experience playing on the line as well.

Not to mention the Pats don't run 3-4 100% of the time. Theirs is a flex defense that employs multiple fronts and Peppers could be used more often and more eefectively than a 35-year-old situational pass rusher.

The 3 - 4 is NE's base defense. The whole defense is designed out of that scheme.The players are chosen for that scheme.

I dont know what percentage NE employs the 3 - 4, but I can assure from watching every NE game that its the majority of the time. Occasionally, they open up in a 4 - 3 but those times are few and far between.

Peppers could be used more assuming he could learn the system.

And what 12 million dollar hit to the cap for Favre? When Favre retired, his 12 million came off of our cap.

All I heard in the weeks leading up to FA was how the Jets were 12-20 million over the cap and would not, under any circumstances be players.

By the time the signing period opened, the Jets were 35 million under and immediately signed everybody they wanted.

How did Tanny manipulate NE's cap?

I'm curious. Please school me?

NEP

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

Historically Belichick has preferred his LBs to much shorter and around 250. Peppers would be NE's first 6' -7" 283 multi million dollar LB. Taylor is tall too, but at a fraction of the cost.

Adalious Thomas is listed at 270lbs... he is shorter... but still much bigger than you claim he likes...

More Spin

Roosevelt Colvin was a very good defensive player in Chicago and on the rise. Adalius Thomas was the most sought after LB in FA and a great player in Baltimore. Both have been disappointments. Thomas is being paid a fortune.

Peppers can have all the tools in the world, but if he doesnt know what hes doing it would an enormous amount of money down the drain. Belichick cant be his brain.

The 3 - 4 is NE's base defense. The whole defense is designed out of that scheme.The players are chosen for that scheme.

I dont know what percentage NE employs the 3 - 4, but I can assure from watching every NE game that its the majority of the time. Occasionally, they open up in a 4 - 3 but those times are few and far between.

NEP

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

More Spin

NEP

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

—LB Eric Alexander (not tendered as RFA): $620,000/1 yr.

—OT Wesley Britt: Not tendered as RFA; $535,000/1 yr.

—P Chris Hanson: UFA; terms unknown.

—OG Russ Hochstein: UFA; 1 yr, terms unknown.

—S James Sanders: UFA; $9M/3 yrs, SB unknown.

—S Ray Ventrone: ERFA; $460,000/1 yr.

—S Tank Williams: UFA; $620,000/1 yr.

—DE Mike Wright: UFA; $7.5M/4 yrs, guarantees unknown.

—C/G Billy Yates: FA Patriots; $620,000/1 yr.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED

—TE Chris Baker: FA Jets; terms unknown.

—LB Tully Banta-Cain: FA 49ers; terms unknown.

—CB Leigh Bodden: FA Lions; $2.25M/1 yr, guarantees unknown.

—OT Damane Duckett: UFA 49ers; terms unknown.

—WR Joey Galloway: FA Buccaneers; 1 yr, terms unknown.

—LS Nathan Hodel: FA Cardinals; terms unknown.

—C Al Johnson: UFA Dolphins; $950,000/1 yr.

—WR Greg Lewis (trade Eagles).

—CB Shawn Springs: FA Redskins; 3 yrs, terms unknown.

—RB Fred Taylor: FA Jaguars; $8M/2 yrs, SB unknown.

I wish Tanny would manipulate NE's cap every season. Its been a great off season for NE fans.

Thanks Tanny.

:rl: I forgot more than you know.

You obviously can't read.

Most of your post is ridiculous nonsensical spin (i.e. part of the reason Adalius Thomas has been a "disappointment" is because he was injured for most of last season, in '07, he was great and did exactly what BB wanted him to.)

And I never said nor suggested that Tanny manipulated New England's cap you moron. I said the Pats don't have Tanny to manupulate their cap.

Christ, your ****ing dense!

Yes you're right. Taylor is the equal of Peppers, great move for you guys.

Taylor is less risky. On paper Peppers looks great.

Taylor had 11 sacks in a 3 - 4 and Peppers 14.5 in a 4 - 3. Now, Peppers is learning a new position. If I could get 10 sacks out of Taylor for a couple of seasons at cheap money, I'd go with it.

You're on a ****ing Jets messageboard, you expect us to laud a Taylor signing?

Nah, just tryig to generate some football talk. As usual, its that time of the ****ing month for some folks.

I consider myself objective, if you wanna go circle jerk this go to your Pats messageboard. Here's a Statement of fact

Peppers- 29

Taylor- 34

Yup and NE would have to pay dearly for that 5 year age difference. Peppers is looking to cash in. He mentions Dallas and NE as potential destinations. I say let Jerry Jones gamble on Peppers.

I'm not saying it's dumb. I'm saying it's a downgrade from Peppers. I'm sure some of your other more objective/smarter Pats fan would say the same. Peppers is an investment... Taylor is a stop gap. Guys like you ****ing crack me up.

Objective/smarter Pats fans are probably saying Taylor is the best option too.

Its pretty clear Taylor would only be around for a couple for years, but great observation.

Taylor had 11 sacks in a 3 - 4 and Peppers 14.5 in a 4 - 3. Now, Peppers is learning a new position. If I could get 10 sacks out of Taylor for a couple of seasons at cheap money, I'd go with it.

Nah, just tryig to generate some football talk. As usual, its that time of the ****ing month.

Yup and NE would have to pay dearly for that 5 year age difference. Peppers is looking to cash in. He mentions Dallas and NE as potential destinations. I say let Jerry Jones gamble on Peppers.

Its pretty clear Taylor would only be around for a couple for years, but great observation.

Taylor would need to be in on 100+ plays to get 10 sacks... good luck while he gets burnt the other 90+ plays.

Nah, just tryig to generate some football talk. As usual, its that time of the ****ing month.

You are a ridiculous homer.

No one is going to think any less of you if you say you wanted Peppers but would settle for Taylor, which is what the Pats are doing. We won't tell your friends at Patfans.com that you don't like the move. Promise.

Signing Taylor is not a bad move. It's just not as good a move as getting Peppers.

Trying to spin it and convince us that getting Taylor would be better than getting Peppers is insanity and makes you look like a fool.

You are a ridiculous homer.

No one is going to think any less of you if you say you wanted Peppers but would settle for Taylor, which is what the Pats are doing. We won't tell your friends at Patfans.com that you don't like the move. Promise.

Signing Taylor is not a bad move. It's just not as good a move as getting Peppers.

Trying to spin it and convince us that getting Taylor would be better than getting Peppers is insanity and makes you look like a fool.

Great post.

And I never said nor suggested that Tanny manipulated New England's cap you moron. I said the Pats don't have Tanny to manupulate their cap.

Christ, your ****ing dense!

Take a friggin Midol B

If NE is doing such a poor job managing its cap then how did they sign all those players?

Nah, just tryig to generate some football talk. As usual, its that time of the ****ing month for some folks.

When I see some of your other "buddies" here defend you and agree with you I'll conceded the fact you are NOT a ****ing raging moron.

You are justifying that Jason Taylor is a BETTER MOVE then Julius Peppers. Hey next do you think you could convince me why maybe Matt Cassel was a better option at QB then Tom Brady?

You have about two points your leaning "He had 11 sacks twice in his prime in a 3-4" and "He's cheaper."

Bravo- excellent work my friend. It's clear to me you're the type of guy that needs that last word to say "HAHA I claim victory on the interwebz!! I'm a genius!! I know so much football!!"

Please- Billy boy with a gun to his head would take Peppers over Taylor for the years AND money. If you really think otherwise then it's a good thing your coach isn't as ****ing retarded as yourself.

Good day to you sir.

When I see some of your other "buddies" here defend you and agree with you I'll conceded the fact you are NOT a ****ing raging moron.

You are justifying that Jason Taylor is a BETTER MOVE then Julius Peppers. Hey next do you think you could convince me why maybe Matt Cassel was a better option at QB then Tom Brady?

You have about two points your leaning "He had 11 sacks twice in his prime in a 3-4" and "He's cheaper."

Bravo- excellent work my friend. It's clear to me you're the type of guy that needs that last word to say "HAHA I claim victory on the interwebz!! I'm a genius!! I know so much football!!"

Please- Billy boy with a gun to his head would take Peppers over Taylor for the years AND money. If you really think otherwise then it's a good thing your coach isn't as ****ing retarded as yourself.

Good day to you sir.

:rl:

Bye little Boy

Sorry, forgot this nugget. But hey, I know you want Taylor over Peppers, and you've convinced me it's the smarter move. Thanks!

I've since thought it over and changed my opinion. Besides all the uncertainty about Peppers, theres little chance to sign Mankins and Wilfork if Peppers is on board.

Time for your nap.

Just so we're clear here. You're call Bill Parcells a ****ing idiot? :lol:

Sorry, any FANS that don't want Taylor on their team are idiots.

Parcells doesn't count because he's building a system here developed around young players, which Taylor is not.

Belichick builds his team around geriatric players so, Taylor is the ultimate fit.

Well, 3 points (no 3 - 4 for JP) but whose counting.

Pardon me there Mr Vicious, Sir. Shouldnt that be youre?

it's a good thing your coach isn't as ****ing retarded as yourself.

Good day to you sir.

Same to you and youres.

I've since thought it over and changed my opinion. Besides all the uncertainty about Peppers, theres little chance to sign Mankins and Wilfork if Peppers is on board.

Time for your nap.

When? Once you heard you guys were close to playing second fiddle and signing Taylor instead.... I know exactly what you're thinking too, "oh no, those Jets fans are gunna figure it out unless I go on JN and spew a buncha bull****". And here you are... makes perfect sense.

Well, 3 points (no 3 - 4 for JP) but whose counting.

Pardon me there Mr Vicious, Sir. Shouldnt that be youre?

Same to you and youres.

You're gonna nitpick my spelling now? Who's immature now? Way to go bud. You're looking real good here.

But hey if winning an internet message board fight gets you off, high five man!

Sorry, any FANS that don't want Taylor on their team are idiots.

Parcells doesn't count because he's building a system here developed around young players, which Taylor is not.

Belichick builds his team around geriatric players so, Taylor is the ultimate fit.

Oh I'm not saying no one should want him. I'm saying for the Pats it seemed like Peppers or Taylor... I take Peppers. Taylor is a great stop gap and will probably produce at some level for the Pats but I don't see him available for more then another year, two max.

When? Once you heard you guys were close to playing second fiddle and signing Taylor instead.... I know exactly what you're thinking too, "oh no, those Jets fans are gunna figure it out unless I go on JN and spew a buncha bull****". And here you are... makes perfect sense.

Yeah, thats it.

I got here as soon as possible too

No I think what happened was he feels the need to justify the fact he's trying to argue Taylor is better for NE then Peppers. I mean, he's gotta do it here cause I don't think they are talking like that at Pat Fans.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/225701-jason-taylor-bad-fit.html

Archived