Bill Bilicheck is to football as coach K is to NCAA Basketball...

gangreenman

Really?? Just how many Championships has he won since he got caught cheating. Better yet, if he's so great how many Superbowls have the Pats even made an appearance in since he got caught cheating??

No if you open you eyes you would see that the question did start out with how many championships did Bellicheat win since they got caught cheating. Superbowl XLII they LOST!!!! Apparently you've been in a coma.

Try again.

The thread was about the lack of success Belichick's assistants had after leaving the nest. Even your statement had nothing to do with championships. Only made superbowls.....go read it again.

Even if it was your argument is weak seeing we are a whole two seasons removed from spygate.

Try again.

The thread was about the lack of success Belichick's assistants had after leaving the nest. Even your statement had nothing to do with championships. Only made superbowls.....go read it again.

Even if it was your argument is weak seeing we are a whole two seasons removed from spygate.

you will not win this argument on a jets board ...sorry

Mumbles 3 titles have taint written on them, he has not won a SB since

cameragate

i have no doubt he will get in HOF, will not be 1st ballot though, cindy yes.

see i'm objective

I pray i'm dead before Mumbles gets in, it would ruin my day if that scum of

the earth was enshrined in Canton during my stay here.

Oh and Beware of the Beaver

you will not win this argument on a jets board ...sorry

Mumbles 3 titles have taint written on them, he has not won a SB since

cameragate

i have no doubt he will get in HOF, will not be 1st ballot though, cindy yes.

see i'm objective

I pray i'm dead before Mumbles gets in, it would ruin my day if that scum of

the earth was enshrined in Canton during my stay here.

Oh and Beware of the Beaver

Well you are old as dirt. ;)

I know it is a losing battle, but I just pointed out his argument and the purpose of this thread was wrong.

Just started thinking about this randomly, and figured Id post it to see what others thoughts were...

Everybody admires the best, and everybody who isn't the best, wants to be the best, and will imitate those that are the best. Its been seen in both NCAA basketball and NFL football.

However, in both cases, coaches that are both considered to be among the best to ever hold their jobs, both were mentored by Hall of Fame all time great coaches (BB by BP, Coach K by Coach Knight), and both have obviously have had unbelievable success themselves. Yet, surprisingly, although teams in both leagues have reached out to assistants of those programs to turn their own programs around, these two amazing coaches have trained few, if any, of their assistants to become good, or great coaches.

The amount of teams in college basketball who have failed when reaching out to Duke assistants (UMich most recently) is comparable to the amount of NFL teams that have failed reaching out to BB assistants (none of his assistants has held their NFL HC job for more then 4 years thus far). In neither case has any team even come close to emulating the success of either the Pats or the Blue Devils.

An interestng pattern to say the least, even if meaningless. Anyone have any guesses as to why this is feel free to share them, as I don't have a damn clue, which is probably why I find it so interesting.

The way this thread should have gone is:

Bill Bilicheck is to football as..._______ is to _______.

Bill Bilicheck is to football as...cancer is to the human race.

The way this thread should have gone is:

Bill Bilicheck is to football as..._______ is to _______.

Bill Bilicheck is to football as...cancer is to the human race.

Can I play?

Bill Bilicheck is to football as...prostate exams are to men.

Just bend over and deal with it.

Uh huh....that explains a lot. UNC homer. :rolleyes:;)

For five of those seasons, UNC only had to win one game to reach Sweet 16. :rolleyes:

I am not denying they have not struggled. They clearly have. However, it is just they way things go. UNC missed the tournament earlier this decade. It did not make them a lesser program. They are still great. Duke is in funk. They are still an elite prgram.

Sure I hate duke and K but the results do not lie. 4 times past the sweet 16 in 15 years is not elite.

UNC was in an awkward transition from Dean to Roy. Gut struggled recruting and Doherty struggled coaching, it was a brief 2 year dip. Duke had a similar 2 year stretch in '95-'96 when K faked his backed injury and exhiled longtim, loyal assistant Pete gaudet. Even w/ that 2 year dip in Carolina basketball the heels have had a much better run in the last 15 years.

In 4 of the years they had to win 1 to get to the Sweet 16 and in '81 they made the Title Game, '82 they won it all, '83(after losing James Worthy early) they made the Regional final. Any way you slice the Heels stretch was more impressive.

Duke is still considered an elite program but on the court they have not played like one in the Tourney.

Sure I hate duke and K but the results do not lie. 4 times past the sweet 16 in 15 years is not elite.

UNC was in an awkward transition from Dean to Roy. Gut struggled recruting and Doherty struggled coaching, it was a brief 2 year dip. Duke had a similar 2 year stretch in '95-'96 when K faked his backed injury and exhiled longtim, loyal assistant Pete gaudet. Even w/ that 2 year dip in Carolina basketball the heels have had a much better run in the last 15 years.

In 4 of the years they had to win 1 to get to the Sweet 16 and in '81 they made the Title Game, '82 they won it all, '83(after losing James Worthy early) they made the Regional final. Any way you slice the Heels stretch was more impressive.

Duke is still considered an elite program but on the court they have not played like one in the Tourney.

We agree.

5 total and now hes working on the other hand.

BB is responsible for Parcells success. Belichick is a GREAT coach.

Once BB and Brady leave... and the bandwagon fans stop paying for tickets and jerseys... the Pats will be an afterthought again...

I cannot blame you for enjoying it... sadly it will not last... they will always be a 2nd class team... this is just a blip in the radar.

Once BB and Brady leave... and the bandwagon fans stop paying for tickets and jerseys... the Pats will be an afterthought again...

I cannot blame you for enjoying it... sadly it will not last... they will always be a 2nd class team... this is just a blip in the radar.

Yes, the bandwagoners will leave. Good riddance.

I wasn't in NYC 30 minutes and I met a NYer Pats fan. He saw me with my NE hat on and struck up a conversation.

NE will never be an afterthought. They will go down in NFL history as a Dynasty. Brady a HOFer and BB a HOFer - two of the greatest ever associated with the NFL.

Jet fans wish it wasn't true, but they cannot change the truth.

Yes, the bandwagoners will leave. Good riddance.

I wasn't in NYC 30 minutes and I met a NYer Pats fan. He saw me with my NE hat on and struck up a conversation.

NE will never be an afterthought. They will go down in NFL history as a Dynasty. Brady a HOFer and BB a HOFer - two of the greatest ever associated with the NFL.

Jet fans wish it wasn't true, but they cannot change the truth.

Maybe by then they will have a special wing for Mumbles

they could have exhibits with all the cameras he used, a picture of Ernie

adams breaking down the film, his ugly worn out hoodie, the shoebox

filled with cash, the napkin he used to resign, the canceled check that Leon Hess gave him............

yeah i hope i will be dead by then

Maybe by then they will have a special wing for Mumbles

they could have exhibits with all the cameras he used, a picture of Ernie

adams breaking down the film, his ugly worn out hoodie, the shoebox

filled with cash, the napkin he used to resign, the canceled check that Leon Hess gave him............

yeah i hope i will be dead by then

They should have exhibits how he saved BP' s ass. I

For all the BP and BB coaching tree poop. there is one common theme. BB is closest to the winning. Ask much as Assmop might detest, he is going to the Hall and probably first ballot.

They should have exhibits how he saved BP' s ass. I

For all the BP and BB coaching tree poop. there is one common theme. BB is closest to the winning. Ask much as Assmop might detest, he is going to the Hall and probably first ballot.

no way 1st ballot, cheating issues will cost him 1st ballot

Archived