New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

This seems kind of scummy to me, too ...

I only have 1 read at the moment but it's too early to call it..

Everyone else is borderline..

AVM - acting differently then last game, and it's not just about jokes. Maybe he's more comfortable, maybe he's trying to not be on one of those "inactive" voters list..

Pac - assbag

VIc -Provoked and responded with expected tantrum. Was a little over the top and I'm struggling to decide whether or not he'd now what I was looking for and give it to me or if his tantrum being amped up was due to the mentioned RL issues

Jets Babe, Woody, Jets Things - Just always seem scummy to me no matter what. I have to conscientiously resist the urge to become convinced of their alignment too early

Jif - homo

EY - read is innocent, he won't agree with this but he tends to play out in front as scum and a more patient game as innocent.

Dan, Slats, Doggin, Jvor, SMC - I'm inclined to give the benefit of the doubt for now

Norway, sharrow, and whomever else I'm missing - no read

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be honest, it's the first vote in the game...so I haven't really gotten a good, true read on anyone yet. For Vic to say that he's voting for me on a "gut feeling" in the first round is kind of scummy. I obviously know my own role in this game, and I know that I'm innocent, so basically...to me, I feel that if he's voting for me, either he's: a. completely shooting in the dark, or b. going after innocents early if he's scum. So I feel that it was a (somewhat) educated decision voting for him.

Check the old game thread. I based votes on my gut quite often.

I'll be honest, it's the first vote in the game...so I haven't really gotten a good, true read on anyone yet. For Vic to say that he's voting for me on a "gut feeling" in the first round is kind of scummy. I obviously know my own role in this game, and I know that I'm innocent, so basically...to me, I feel that if he's voting for me, either he's: a. completely shooting in the dark, or b. going after innocents early if he's scum. So I feel that it was a (somewhat) educated decision voting for him.

As opposed to going after scum teammates early? :confused:

Please, do tell! The game could use a kick.

Right? I don't remember the last game being this sluggish, even early on. :yawn: But that might just be my nostalgia amplifying the excitement of it ... might also be because EY is so much quieter, and Doggin isn't around ...

Please, do tell! The game could use a kick.

Don't want to...

One of the problems with day 1 stuff is people make remarks too soon and the offending player can correct their behavior before they seal their fate..

For instance, I'm tempted to put my vote back on AVM. Why? Cause he responded to being questioned by changing his new style. Maybe we did pick up on something that if we left it unmentioned he would've really dug a whole for himself. But maybe he just doesn't want the hassle of defending? My point is that by not sitting back and observing some more, we didn't allow him to potentially hang himself..

Right? I don't remember the last game being this sluggish, even early on. :yawn: But that might just be my nostalgia amplifying the excitement of it ... might also be because EY is so much quieter, and Doggin isn't around ...

:D Doggin missing is a big thing. Pac is usually more vocal as well, but I get the new guy excuse he offered earlier.. Jif's not here to throw around wild theories and I'm trying to be a bit more patient, other then provoking Vic :D

So you basically just agreed with me being innocent? Correct?

No. Two things...

1) What difference does it make WHEN scum goes after innocent players? They're ALWAYS going to go after innocents (duh, it's how they win) - who else would they go after?

2) Voting for Vic because his "hunch" told him to vote for you is also scummy behavior.

Interesting.

You realize your asking him to put himself in harms way, right?

:confused0082:

No, I don't realize that. I thought we were supposed to be making cases now. If CTM has something of interest, how does he put himself at risk by sharing? By being right? If he does something heroic like finger scum on the first lynch, wouldn't the night move be to get him doctor protection?

This is true. Alright, well out of respect for you, I'll unvote you.

unvote: vicious

For now, I'll vote...

vote: Jets Things

First you vote for Vic because he voted for you. Now you're switching your vote to me because I called you out on something? Perhaps you should wait until actually vote for you to change your vote to me.

No. Two things...

1) What difference does it make WHEN scum goes after innocent players? They're ALWAYS going to go after innocents (duh, it's how they win) - who else would they go after?

2) Voting for Vic because his "hunch" told him to vote for you is also scummy behavior.

JT. Like I said I invite you to look at the other threads I ALWAYS say that.

I made statements before about JB. Her play when she was innocent was VERY aggressive. She wanted to lynch an casted votes left and right. When she's been scum she has been more "tentative" to cast votes. It's not her, it's not her personality from what I've seen and gathered from others from other games.

So that leads my gut feeling to believe she's scum.

Like you said before. Their isn't much to gon on in this game.

First you vote for Vic because he voted for you. Now you're switching your vote to me because I called you out on something? Perhaps you should wait until actually vote for you to change your vote to me.

Nope, not at all. I voted for you because I don't like your style of play to be honest...and like I said, it's the first vote in the game. Pretty much shooting in the dark here. My vote will stand.

:confused0082:

No, I don't realize that. I thought we were supposed to be making cases now. If CTM has something of interest, how does he put himself at risk by sharing? By being right? If he does something heroic like finger scum on the first lynch, wouldn't the night move be to get him doctor protection?

Yes. But if he's not completely confident in his case, which I'd assume he's not, then he could become a target without getting the kill during the day.

I made statements before about JB. Her play when she was innocent was VERY aggressive. She wanted to lynch an casted votes left and right. When she's been scum she has been more "tentative" to cast votes. It's not her, it's not her personality from what I've seen and gathered from others from other games.

Please. I've played this game before. Don't suggest that I take your actions in previous games to be the same in this game.

I'm not saying JB is innocent or guilty (I've played with her before when she's been both...I think), but I think some of the things she's said have been curious.

I used to play very aggressive, but that made me get voted off early. Last game, I changed my style of play to a more tentative role, and it worked out better for me since I lasted very long in the game and I made some pretty smart decisions for my team. Even CTM said that I did...he was the mod in the game. Sure, I screwed up in the end, but it was a learning experience. My style of play has/had nothing to do with being innocent or scum. I think that I am a better player when I'm more of a reader than a poster, ya dig?

Please. I've played this game before. Don't suggest that I take your actions in previous games to be the same in this game.

I'm not saying JB is innocent or guilty (I've played with her before when she's been both...I think), but I think some of the things she's said have been curious.

I'm usually consistent. But whatever. I bow to your knowledge.

^ reason why i posted, "peter petrelli"...thats mainly the reason why i don't really like JT's style of play.

Yes, when the mafia godfather in a previous game is on the brink of being lynched, it's best for him to just roll with it instead of coming up with something incredulous, right? :rolleyes:

This is true. Alright, well out of respect for you, I'll unvote you.

unvote: vicious

For now, I'll vote...

vote: Jets Things

Can you explain why you voted for Jets Things? I mean from my vantage point, all you are doing is just voting people who question you.

You are unvoting Vicious out of respect? I just don't get it. If it's a total random vote just say it is, the odd reasons or lack of reasons are making me suspicious of you.

Yes, when the mafia godfather in a previous game is on the brink of being lynched, it's best for him to just roll with it instead of coming up with something incredulous, right? :rolleyes:

i have to say, you pulled that out of your ass and it worked. props.

Don't want to...

One of the problems with day 1 stuff is people make remarks too soon and the offending player can correct their behavior before they seal their fate..

For instance, I'm tempted to put my vote back on AVM. Why? Cause he responded to being questioned by changing his new style. Maybe we did pick up on something that if we left it unmentioned he would've really dug a whole for himself. But maybe he just doesn't want the hassle of defending? My point is that by not sitting back and observing some more, we didn't allow him to potentially hang himself..

That makes sense.

Yes. But if he's not completely confident in his case, which I'd assume he's not, then he could become a target without getting the kill during the day.

I guess I can see this one. Seems like if he suggests we go after someone specific, and we don't, and CTM gets NK'd, that that player would be in serious danger of being lynched the following day, though, right?

I get not wanting to take one for the team early, but it would also be a pretty obvious move by the scum to take CTM out for raising a failed suspicion on someone.

And you're swiping aside anything you don't agree with because of your knowledge. Just sayin'.

So please tell me how to play this game. Do I defend myself? Do I say nothing?

Uuuuuugh. It's the first friggin day and you're not taking nearly as much stock in that fact as you should. It's ALWAYS a crapshoot in day one. Nothing personal. You're allowing your buttons to be pressed because of your prior game actions. Don't. That's all I'm saying. Cripes, my vote isn't even on you and I don't suspect you at all - overreaction nstuff.

Archived