New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

What about Pac then. A guy who has been active yet not offering much in the way of the game.

It's clear to me that someone has put together a half-assed case on me which will be enough to get my lynched. We'll see what happens.

Here's the reason I don't love the idea. I give first time players (yes, I consider him that because I only remember him in one game at JI where he was lynched day 1) (yes, I know he was in more, but it's been over a year, and I don't remember)... I give first time players the benefit of the doubt as far as activity in the game. It's not something I like to go by normally, and especially when I don't know the tendencies.

WoodyPaige is the example of this. When he's innocent, he barely speaks. When he's scum, he barely speaks. We could lynch him every time for this, but it wouldn't benefit a solution. He's the type of player that stays alive a while, and may even be the last scum standing, but sooner or later, he's going to have to answer for a lot, I don't care if it's not on the first day.

That said, I'll let your 'nobody loves me' tantrum work for now, and see if following your logic gets us anywhere.

unvote

vote 2Pac.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's logic I can buy into at this stage.

vote: Jets Babe

She's tough to get a read on, the only way we will is if she's compelled to post.

Another player I don't like to kill day 1.

Pressure means nothing on her. She throws a hissy fit, says, 'trust me', and then everyone either backs down, or kills her anyway. Alignment aside, it's the same story, wait and see.

You're welcome. And I'm a dumbass on the days. Yes, it's Wednesday.

As to the list, I pretty much agree with you. You, I'll put you in mildly suspicious.

CTM, Doggin, and EY (the biggest Ego in the room according to Vicious, LOL) are always suspicious because they are the 3 most manipulative players in the game. Good or bad, they can lead a lynch.

I've stated this in this game and others, first days are always a crap shoot. There really isn't much to go one unless someone gift wraps themselves for the lynch like Irish did last game.

If I wasn't voting for Vicious right now, JetsBabe would be high on the list of potential votes. Inactivity isn't her only thing. That's really not a tell for her. She was active when she joined late last game and she was scum. Shes an erractic player (that's her style). What we would need is her to post more so we can gather more info on her.

The Vicious thing is interesting. He did have an overreaction, more so than normal. I don't know what it is. I'm not ready for a speed lynch (he's still about 4 or 5 away), so let's see how this plays out.

Sounds good. Where on the list would you put Pac?

Here's the reason I don't love the idea. I give first time players (yes, I consider him that because I only remember him in one game at JI where he was lynched day 1) (yes, I know he was in more, but it's been over a year, and I don't remember)... I give first time players the benefit of the doubt as far as activity in the game. It's not something I like to go by normally, and especially when I don't know the tendencies.

WoodyPaige is the example of this. When he's innocent, he barely speaks. When he's scum, he barely speaks. We could lynch him every time for this, but it wouldn't benefit a solution. He's the type of player that stays alive a while, and may even be the last scum standing, but sooner or later, he's going to have to answer for a lot, I don't care if it's not on the first day.

That said, I'll let your 'nobody loves me' tantrum work for now, and see if following your logic gets us anywhere.

unvote

vote 2Pac.

And being a dick back is going to make things better.

I'm not telling you where to put your vote, I'm throwing ideas around.

The JB one is another interesting one as she's been characterized as a very aggressive player and was the two times she was innocent but last game she stayed more chilled out and more "friendly".

Sharrow also hasn't been around for a while.

Another player I don't like to kill day 1.

Pressure means nothing on her. She throws a hissy fit, says, 'trust me', and then everyone either backs down, or kills her anyway. Alignment aside, it's the same story, wait and see.

Do you generally get more information from her as the game progresses? As far as I saw last game, she basically said nothing until people started voting for her.

This is all I'm gonna say about the "overreaction"

That is the way I am. I don't ENJOY being this way. I got honestly pissed. I'm competitive in every aspect of my life. I've lost friends and made many enemies cause I speak my mind and if I get pissed I get pissed. I've hurt people I care dearly about. I'm clearly doing that here.

I don't enjoy doing this so if you guys want to think this was a pre-meditated reaction you couldnt' be more far off, I have fought for a long time to get better with this and I have. It's not fun to be that way but it is what it is. I'm more stressed out then I normally am hence the bigger reaction.

There is nothing fun about being labeled a hot-head or overly-emotional.

I'm buying your explanation for now. Only because I myself am in a completely pissed off mood today. :D (Found out a friend has been lying to me for a while about something ****ty ... heh, maybe not the best idea to be playing a game centered around lying. ;)) And I don't know if I could see you really freaking out that much if you were mafia? Doesn't make sense that you would draw attention to the fact that you've never been mafia before.

What about Pac then. A guy who has been active yet not offering much in the way of the game.

How much of a doosh would I look like if the new guy comes in here and starts pointing fingers and telling the regulars whats what. To be honest the majority of the first day has been recaps of prior games I wasn't involved in. I don't know enough about people here yet to notice if they're acting strange.

I voted for Audio Visual Man in what in essence is a throw away vote (as are all 1st day votes) until we can see who gets lynched, what there role is, and what clues it might leave.

Yeah I'm kind of a wise ass but I don't mean any harm... just who I've always been.

I'm buying your explanation for now. Only because I myself am in a completely pissed off mood today. :D (Found out a friend has been lying to me for a while about something ****ty ... heh, maybe not the best idea to be playing a game centered around lying. ;)) And I don't know if I could see you really freaking out that much if you were mafia? Doesn't make sense that you would draw attention to the fact that you've never been mafia before.

Only if I'm a mafia genius. I would've planned this exactly. But I'm not that smart and it's just me being c unty.

unvote

vote 2Pac.

I like what you did here... spend 2 paragraphs saying you give newbies the benefit of the doubt and then turn around and vote for me.

You're one to keep an eye on.... I don't know much but I know that much.

Sounds good. Where on the list would you put Pac?

Pac, I'd keep unknown for now. I like EY's reasoning for voting for Pac. He needs to post more. I played in a game or two with him. He's a hothead like Vicious. He actually dropped the hammer on himself to vote him off one game if I remember correctly. It was comical. He had the first ever mafia meltdown.

He's being cautious right now. I'd put him mildly suspicious.

Why do you A-Holes continue to insist that Irish's death was only on himself. :cussing:

Haha, realized I never commented on this. I was actually impressed by that when I found out you were on a different scum team from Irish. At the time I didn't believe you could have been so certain he was scum on the small amount of evidence you had, so I'm giving you props now.

Pac, I'd keep unknown for now. I like EY's reasoning for voting for Pac. He needs to post more. I played in a game or two with him. He's a hothead like Vicious. He actually dropped the hammer on himself to vote him off one game if I remember correctly. It was comical. He had the first ever mafia meltdown.

He's being cautious right now. I'd put him mildly suspicious.

I'll see your mildly suspicious and raise... you are now moderately suspicious as far as I'm concerned.

Why do you A-Holes continue to insist that Irish's death was only on himself. :cussing:

Because it was. Irish had the Mother of All Tells for a first day lynch. He "gotcha" himself before you ever wrote your "gotcha" post. It was blatantly obvious he should be lynched and only thouse who didn't vote for him (4 of the 5 of the other scumbags) didn't vote for him.

Also, where has JVOR been, he danced away like Jason Taylor. Did he say he'd be mia for awhile? To much freakin' unintelligble nonsense to go back and look through.

Nah, you're right. He basically said I'm not helping myself by my self-vote and then I unvoted.

Haven't seen him since.

I'll see your mildly suspicious and raise... you are now moderately suspicious as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I have to say that this response is moderately scummy. The "I'm suspicious of you simply because you're suspicious of me" is a scumbag move.

Because it was. Irish had the Mother of All Tells for a first day lynch. He "gotcha" himself before you ever wrote your "gotcha" post. It was blatantly obvious he should be lynched and only thouse who didn't vote for him (4 of the 5 of the other scumbags) didn't vote for him.

Not completely true ... myself, Crusher, and Norway (I believe) voted for you instead of Irish. :D We were off, but we weren't scum. And Jets Things kept his vote on Woody. I think EY does deserve credit for sniffing out Irish.

Now, I have to say that this response is moderately scummy. The "I'm suspicious of you simply because you're suspicious of me" is a scumbag move.

A) moderately is my word.

B) just jokes... to be honest I don't have any prime suspects as of yet and am trying to learn about players from others posts about them.

Do you generally get more information from her as the game progresses? As far as I saw last game, she basically said nothing until people started voting for her.

There are certain players who you will not get anything from, based on what they say, some players you have to trust the votes to make your conclusions. Or, at least a combination of the votes with what they say.

Again, I was serious with my 'final post' argument against her. On SMC, she said, 'I'm suspicious of Doggin'. Then, only a few moments later, with nothing having changed in the game. I don't want to be the final vote on Doggin, so I'll vote SMC.

That's one of those combination's that doesn't lie. Had I not been watching AVM come to my house and assuming he was the final member of Doggin's team, I'd have finished her off with an argument based on that.

So yeah, she'll give you plenty of other info IMO, it just doesn't really happen until something meaningful happens. Voting for her for pressure isn't really that, as we know how it's going to go.

unvote

vote 2Pac.

And yet in game 1 he basically outed himself for responding too quickly to pressure, just like IJ did.. Voting inactives isnt'a bout lynching them, it's about: 1) pressuring them to see if they slip up. 2) Forming as trains quickly to see if someone else makes their alignment obvious 3) Just a damn good place to start.. From votes come actual game content from game content comes clues

And yet in game 1 he basically outed himself for responding too quickly to pressure, just like IJ did.. Voting inactives isnt'a bout lynching them, it's about: 1) pressuring them to see if they slip up. 2) Forming as trains quickly to see if someone else makes their alignment obvious 3) Just a damn good place to start.. From votes come actual game content from game content comes clues

That's essentially what I think. Just my opinion.

There are certain players who you will not get anything from, based on what they say, some players you have to trust the votes to make your conclusions. Or, at least a combination of the votes with what they say.

Again, I was serious with my 'final post' argument against her. On SMC, she said, 'I'm suspicious of Doggin'. Then, only a few moments later, with nothing having changed in the game. I don't want to be the final vote on Doggin, so I'll vote SMC.

That's one of those combination's that doesn't lie. Had I not been watching AVM come to my house and assuming he was the final member of Doggin's team, I'd have finished her off with an argument based on that.

So yeah, she'll give you plenty of other info IMO, it just doesn't really happen until something meaningful happens. Voting for her for pressure isn't really that, as we know how it's going to go.

I guess I'm not sure exactly how erratic she is normally. Is it not out of character for her to claim she'd be active this morning and then post a single sentence decrying the first lynch?

I guess I'm not sure exactly how erratic she is normally. Is it not out of character for her to claim she'd be active this morning and then post a single sentence decrying the first lynch?

I don't know. And I honestly don't care about things like that.

3 hours at the gym is a long time.

Dude, you need to calm the crap down. It's not like I posted, ran to my gym, ran on the treadmill, lifted weights, ran home, took a shower and posted. Do you want confirmation I went to the gym or something? Dan X knows me in real life you can take his word on it. You want to call my school gym? I swiped in so i'm sure there's record of it there.

Here are my thoughts for right now. My vote is on sharrow for the reasons I've stated. I want to hear what he has to say because I know he's capable of very astute insight. Thus far, he hasn't posted much game related content at all. Last game he didn't post a lot until pressure was on him, and I want to see what he has to offer. I don't have much of a read on him at all because like i've said, he seems to keep a low profile.

In terms of Jets Babe, she acts scummy no matter what capacity she is in. However, I do think that she needs to post more than she has. She claimed she'd be active today and really wasn't at all. I think pressing her is a good thing. Right now, with no deadline, I like the idea of multiple trains to get information out of people.

I don't know what to make of AVM's activity. It is very distinct from last round. It almost appears too blatant. It seems to me he's either faking a role as a townie (which is a VERY VERY bad idea), is scum, or has some sort of role. I'm not directing the investigator's actions, but imo it might be a good idea if he gets one at some point in this game. It doesn't have to be tonight, or some other predictable night (as we found out last game it can hurt the town to be predictable with night actions)

Vicious's reactions was a little over the top than normal, but to be honest it's hard for me to make much out of that knowing he freaked out in a similar fashion when he was the cop too. Like I said, i haven't seen his behavior as known scum before so it's not an exact science. IMO, If he's scum, he's not the biggest threat to the town as a manipulator like CTM, SMC, Doggin, or EY can be in the long run. I don't think he's a roled character either because he was easily voting for himself. If he is a roled character, that's not a good move at all. Voting for yourself no matter what is anti-town behavior.

IMO day 1 without a deadline is about information gathering more than getting it right necessarily. We just have to hope we don't take out a roled character.

IMO day 1 without a deadline is about information gathering more than getting it right necessarily. We just have to hope we don't take out a roled character.

We need to not have any Norway's in this game, either. Players should have a chance to role reveal before the final vote is cast to avoid just this type of situation.

Archived