New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is kind of frustrating. I still don't get what's in it for you as a townie to barely participate and say scummy things, haha. :mad0259: But I will put my head back into this fine paper bag here for now. :bag:

Also, EY and CTM said JB's innocence would make me look scummy, so I have no qualms with being investigated whenever.

Might not be able to post again for a couple hours, depends how much work crops up ...

Well IRL we actually picked a good player to cut ;)

That was my first thought.

Woody, I forgot you were playing? Who are you, Vernon Gholston? :P

That actually made me spit out my coffee a little bit. :lol:

Hopefully our cop comes up with something tonight. I think slats is a prime suspect here.

The only thing I don't like about being investigated is that it's a waste of our investigater's time. But if that helps clear his head, I'm all for it. I definitely thought JB was acting scummy, and as a townie she wasn't helpful at all. That defense was so weak, I thought for she was was resigned to be lynched as mafia. Sucks, but we probably only had a 1 in 4 shot of hitting scum on the first lynch, and we missed. I'm not happy about it, but she would've continued to be a suspect and a distraction as long as she continued. It could've been better, but it definitely could've been worse.

The good news about being a prime suspect is that I should survive the night phase. Without any role reveals, it'll be interesting to see who's targeted overnight.

That was my first thought.

That actually made me spit out my coffee a little bit. :lol:

The only thing I don't like about being investigated is that it's a waste of our investigater's time. But if that helps clear his head, I'm all for it. I definitely thought JB was acting scummy, and as a townie she wasn't helpful at all. That defense was so weak, I thought for she was was resigned to be lynched as mafia. Sucks, but we probably only had a 1 in 4 shot of hitting scum on the first lynch, and we missed. I'm not happy about it, but she would've continued to be a suspect and a distraction as long as she continued. It could've been better, but it definitely could've been worse.

The good news about being a prime suspect is that I should survive the night phase. Without any role reveals, it'll be interesting to see who's targeted overnight.

Role reveals are allowed just no player names.

Role reveals are allowed just no player names.

I understand that.

What I was getting at is that no one was pushed on day one into "admitting" that they were the cop or the doc. So it'll be interesting to see who the scum targets overnight without something like that to go on.

I understand that.

What I was getting at is that no one was pushed on day one into "admitting" that they were the cop or the doc. So it'll be interesting to see who the scum targets overnight without something like that to go on.

If anyone who has more time on their hands than I do wants to post a recap of the Vic voting/unvoting side by side with the Jetsbabe voting, I'd appreciate it.

Whew, finished wading through all 6 of the posts since I left. :D

If anyone who has more time on their hands than I do wants to post a recap of the Vic voting/unvoting side by side with the Jetsbabe voting, I'd appreciate it.

I can do it, making lists is my fave. Is this the type of thing to save for the day phase (Monday)? Or is it okay to post if we wait to start discussing it in depth?

FYI, I'll have minimal computer access for much of today & half tomorrow. Brother-in-law in town from FL, on Circle Line now (sending this in by phone), tour & dinner tonight. Will read up and check in tomorrow afternoon.

I understand that.

I hope it's interesting, but I worry that some people are always obvious targets, if the last game is any indication.

I can do it, making lists is my fave. Is this the type of thing to save for the day phase (Monday)? Or is it okay to post if we wait to start discussing it in depth?

I don't think it'll hurt to post it up at all.

I hope it's interesting, but I worry that some people are always obvious targets, if the last game is any indication.

That's true. That's part of what makes it interesting to me.

Well this is kind of frustrating. I still don't get what's in it for you as a townie to barely participate and say scummy things, haha. :mad0259: But I will put my head back into this fine paper bag here for now. :bag:

Also, EY and CTM said JB's innocence would make me look scummy, so I have no qualms with being investigated whenever.

Might not be able to post again for a couple hours, depends how much work crops up ...

You think she was intentionally trying to look scummy?

Do the recap now - but don't start discussing implications until tomorrow. There are enough experienced/analytical types in the game that they can't all be mafia, so even if I die tonight, I'd expect someone else to be able to look at that info and make use of it.

I don't know, on the other hand, how many people have time to wade back through the crap and moobs that was day 1 to pull that info together - so I'd rather you not risk night-killin' before making that happen.

You think she was intentionally trying to look scummy?

Huh? I wouldn't think anyone would ever intentionally try to look scummy in this game, but that was my question. :confused: I am absolutely baffled as to why so many things she said didn't add up, and it was so hard to drag any thoughts out of her on any of the other players. Especially after saying she wanted to play so badly? Why not ... actually play? :confused:

Huh? I wouldn't think anyone would ever intentionally try to look scummy in this game, but that was my question. :confused: I am absolutely baffled as to why so many things she said didn't add up, and it was so hard to drag any thoughts out of her on any of the other players. Especially after saying she wanted to play so badly? Why not ... actually play? :confused:

Dan - Sharrow's saying that you're acting like she chooses to act scummy, when it's not intentional. She's just . . . well . . . not very good at this game yet :biggrin: (Sorry, JB, but its true. You'll get better over time, but right now, you just don't have it down)

cop, i know I'm not supposed to direct you, but i'd be personally grateful if you could look into dan or slats...

that is all..

Normally I'd say investigate from the bottom, lynch from the top - but since nobody is presumed innocent yet, and Dan and Slats can both be very helpful if innocent (and therefore have the potential to be very dangerous if guilty) I agree.

Just . . . maybe not today. In fact, maybe look at someone else today. Since, you know, Chan's just put Slats/Dan on the chopping block.

BTW, in case our doc is a newb to the role - unless there's a revealed finder or other almost as useful town power role, your job is to stay alive. Don't get cute trying to guess who the mafia might NK. Just protect yourself until there's a real reason not to.

Do the recap now - but don't start discussing implications until tomorrow. There are enough experienced/analytical types in the game that they can't all be mafia, so even if I die tonight, I'd expect someone else to be able to look at that info and make use of it.

I don't know, on the other hand, how many people have time to wade back through the crap and moobs that was day 1 to pull that info together - so I'd rather you not risk night-killin' before making that happen.

So are you saying you'd rather I post it now or wait until Monday? Never mind, the more I think about it, it doesn't make a difference if I've actually posted it versus saying I'm going to. I figure it's the same risk to myself either way, and gives the town more time to think about things if I just do it now.

As for the time, it's really not much effort for me to do. English degree at an Ivy League school, I'd like to think I'm a careful reader who can find the quotes I need pretty quickly. :D This be my forte. ;)

Dan - Sharrow's saying that you're acting like she chooses to act scummy, when it's not intentional. She's just . . . well . . . not very good at this game yet :biggrin: (Sorry, JB, but its true. You'll get better over time, but right now, you just don't have it down)

I see. From my point of view, I just wouldn't want to underestimate people and say they're acting a certain way because they're not good players. I've been trying to work under the assumption that everyone's actions have a purpose. I guess this works, though.

So are you saying you'd rather I post it now or wait until Monday? Never mind, the more I think about it, it doesn't make a difference if I've actually posted it versus saying I'm going to. I figure it's the same risk to myself either way, and gives the town more time to think about things if I just do it now.

As for the time, it's really not much effort for me to do. English degree at an Ivy League school, I'd like to think I'm a careful reader who can find the quotes I need pretty quickly. :D This be my forte. ;)

He's saying that because nobody else wants to do it, you might as well do it now in case you get nightkilled. If that happened, then someone else would have to do it. :D

cop, i know I'm not supposed to direct you, but i'd be personally grateful if you could look into dan or slats...

that is all..

I know I'm clean. And being that Dan's being accused for the same reason as me (going after a clearly scummy acting JB), I'm inclined to think he's clean right now, too.

Clearly you agreed that the game wasn't going anywhere as long as JB was around. either.

But like I said before, if it makes our cop happy he should absolutely take a look at me.

BTW, in case our doc is a newb to the role - unless there's a revealed finder or other almost as useful town power role, your job is to stay alive. Don't get cute trying to guess who the mafia might NK. Just protect yourself until there's a real reason not to.

That's good advice. As a n00b, I was trying to figure out who I'd protect tonight if I had that role. That's the right answer.

He's saying that because nobody else wants to do it, you might as well do it now in case you get nightkilled. If that happened, then someone else would have to do it. :D

Got it, thanks. :D I'll have it ready in 5 minutes or so. Heh, I really do live for this. Reeding iz funn. (Don't worry, I'll just shoot myself now ... or after I post it, that is.) :suicide:

I love it, an expensive Ivy league education being used for an interwebz mafia game! :headbang:

Ok, here's what I have for Vicious. (Sorry, the formatting took longer than expected.) In parentheses I tried to include people's explanations for their votes/unvotes as close as possible to what they actually said. I know some things were jokes, but I figured it was easier to just paraphrase rather than saying, "I think this was a joke."

VICIOUS VOTING TIMELINE

Tues.

11:22 am

JETS BABE VOTING TIMELINE

Wed.

3:51 pm – AVM unvotes Woody, votes Jets Babe (didn’t do well under pressure last time)

4:14 pm – Dan X votes Jets Babe (posted only once during scheduled active time just saying she hates the first vote, Dan wants her to participate)

4:39 pm – Norway unvotes Sharrow, votes Jets Babe (forgot Sharrow said he’d be away, gives no reason for JB vote but says will change mind for cleavage pics)

5:32 pm – Slats votes Jets Babe (tough to read, wants to compel her to post)

8:39 pm – Vicious votes Jets Babe (going with his gut as usual)

Thurs.

12:04 am – Pac votes Jets Babe (rapid voting/unvoting)

1:00 am – JvoR unvotes Sharrow, votes Jets Babe (contradicting herself)

2:12 pm – Woody votes Jets Babe (not much help to town even if innocent)

2:16 pm – CTM says ok with lynching Jets Babe but thinks she’ll flip innocent

2:18 pm – Norway unvotes Jets Babe (not ready to lynch yet)

3:23 pm – Norway asks if we can set a response deadline for Jets Babe

3:25 pm – Slats wants to give her until midnight

8:37 pm – CTM says if Jets Babe doesn’t come back he’ll vote for her

8:55 pm – CTM says he’ll give Jets Babe until 11

9:51 pm – Jets Babe gives defense

10:34 pm – EY asks why she votes for Jets Things

10:58 pm – JvoR says sees nothing to change his vote for JB

Fri.

12:49 am – Doggin unvotes Vicious, votes Jets Babe (doesn’t remember her being lynched Day 1 before)

12:50 am – AVM bumps EY’s question for JB, says sees nothing to change his vote

12:51 am – CTM says not more suspicious of JB than normal, “seems like we need to lynch Jets Babe just to wake everyone up”

8:21 am – Pac says sees nothing to change his vote for JB

9:30 am – CTM votes Jets Babe (“Sorry, need to move the game forward”)

JETS BABE ORDER OF VOTING

1. AVM

2. Dan X

3. Norway

4. Slats

5. Vicious

6. Pac

7. JVoR

8. Woody

(Norway unvotes)

9. Doggin

10. CTM

That's good advice. As a n00b, I was trying to figure out who I'd protect tonight if I had that role. That's the right answer.

I bet you were trying to figure out who the doc was going to protect tonight...

Archived